(Close Window)
Topic: A mysterious and weird magician
Is it ok to be mysterious and weird if your a stage magician? because for me I want to be like that, I don't know but, I feel real if I'm being mysterious on stage. I like the type of stage magic that you'll be unique to all stage magician, I mean not the tipical stage magician with tox.. (no offence)..

thank you!

mystical manipulator
:hmm: This post is mysterious....

If that's what you're going for, you're on the right track.
Have you ever heard of Jeff McBride, or Criss Angel, among others? :devilish:
Ya I heard their names... I like the style of criss angel and dan sperry, I like their aura and the way they dress and the way they perform... that's the kind of magician that I like the unique type of magician...

thank you!

mystical manipulator
I think this kind of image is probably a lot more marketable these days - I say go for it!
Thanks joe! I'm practicing it now and trying to find some more ways to enhance my ability to perform much more good magic for the audience.
My persona is waaaay different. I don't know if you could call it weird. I'm a cowboy. Then again, I do parlor magic. I volunteer for assisted living homes. I take the full persona though, including the accent and the gentlemanly style. What's odd is that I'm currently living in Boston.

My persona is genuine though. I'm from Austin, Texas.
Yeah I agree that these images are more marketable nowdays..like the darkness of david blane..some magicians tempt to be extremely funny and ironic..making funny sounds and some joke where you can get someone offended..i don't know..i just like the Michael Ammar kind of magician!
I am just myself.. I'm not gonna try dark when I'm not, or funny when I'm not.
My oneliners for example r sponteneaous(or whatever you write it:P) so they arefunny and not prepared. On the other hand I can be quite mysterious but I'm not going to overact when imnot