(Close Window)
Topic: Remote control devices
Hello!

I have a routine with a Briefcase that has life on its own.
I need to make the briefcase open the locks clasps by itself with a remote control. Just Open the locks, not open the lid. I want to put the briefcase on a table and first, the left lock clasp opens, and a few seconds later, the right lock clasp open.

Any ideas about How Can I do this?

Regards,

Alejandro.
Maybe use an electro magnet. I hope you get the idea.
Cameron
I've been playing around with the idea of the Electro Magnet, But it is not making the effect I want and the wiring is too complicated.

Any suggestions???

Alejandro.
You don't need anything electronic... two pins and a piece of string will get what you want done.
Buy a remote control set for R/C cars. Use the servo with wires to unlock the clasps in your case. Another alternative is use a music box motor.
Hi from Portugal, Alekei... If you need some help in electronics maybe I can help you in Portuguese... ;)

Eduardo from Viana do Castelo
Perhaps an RC controler fireing a servo like the ones that are used to drop things off of rc planes to similate attacks,
Lou, has the right idea. Put extra long loops on the hasps of the briefcase so they extend inside the case. Put two small pins through them attached by string to a music box. Start the music box, it winds the string, the pins come out, the clasps pop up.

Richard
Richard,

that's a clever idea. I have always been looking for some small motors to pull things here and there but havent thought bout that!

Robert
I've always been intrigued with using technology for tricks, don't you guys think it can add a huge kick that people havent seen before.