(Close Window)
Topic: Misdirection
I want to be able to throw a little powder or something on to the ground that will make a small pop and maybe even a small flash, kind of like the pop rocks at the 4th of july but not quite.if possible, how can this be done?
Because of the danger of using pyrotechnics, they are now pretty heavily regulated. I suggest you try to find something other than a pyrotechnics effect for misdirection.

Perhaps a lighting effect combined with a sound effect would work. John Cornelius' FISM Flash (if it is still available) is a great device for providing a startling flash lighting effect.

Jim
[quote]
On 2005-08-29 21:17, xjesterx wrote:
I want to be able to throw a little powder or something on to the ground that will make a small pop and maybe even a small flash, kind of like the pop rocks at the 4th of july but not quite.if possible, how can this be done?
[/quote]

Actually, very easily.
I think you want these: they are common, non-dangerous, and legal just about everywhere as far as I know:
They're called [i]'Snappers',[/i] you'll find some here:
http://www.skylighter.com/mall/novelty.asp
among other places.
I'm also after something like that, it seems to be old school magic, but everyone seems to like it! Any ideas for something with more smoke?

Thanks, BBear
I've never tried any of these, but back in High School my friend was into martial arts and Ninja stuff, and his catalogs always had some ninja smoke bombs and stuff. Here's a link I found to one of them:
http://www.ninja-weapons.com/Ninja_Items/Ninja_Smoke/
It may be worth a shot.
You could use the snappers plus a finger flash pot. Or use snappers plus fism flash. If it is not still on the market, you can make your own fism flash. I made mine.

Curt