(Close Window)
Topic: Andy Nyman´s Sophie Trick
Does anyone know where can I find something about Andy Nyman´s Sophie Trick?

Carlos Camacho
You can see it performed on his 'Get Nyman' DVD. He doesn't release the method, and quite rightly so, it's a stunner.

Other than that, I don't know what to tell you.

Dave.
Message: Posted by: Christopher Williams (Sep 4, 2005 05:26PM)
He says on the 3rd DVD that it is basically his version of Find the Lady, and yes, it is one of the most powerful tricks you will see. I have no idea how it was done, and I knid of like it that way :)
Andy put that on the Get Nyman dvd at my request. I remember seeing Andy perform it live about six years ago and it remains one of my favourite effects to this day. I think anyone could learn a lot from watching Andy perform the Sophie trick.

Pure Genius!

Peter
It's now available. But with a price tag that will definitely discourage the merely curious. However, the basic method can be inferred.

http://www.promystic.com/product/the-sophie-trick/
Love it but out of my price range.
He"s a genius, magician,actor etc
I saw Andy Nyman perform this at Monday Night Magic years ago, and it was a knock-out. When I thought back how he could have done it, it was difficult, because his presentation canceled out just about any possible method. I finally came up with a method--not the one here, and not the one he used that night, evidently--that although wrong, I was convinced at the time must have been right. Because of that, I thought that other spectators must have come up with the same answer since it was the one method that his presentation didn't cancel out. PM me if you'd like to hear what I thought had happened.
[quote]On May 16, 2015, landmark wrote:
I saw Andy Nyman perform this at Monday Night Magic years ago, and it was a knock-out. When I thought back how he could have done it, it was difficult, because his presentation canceled out just about any possible method. I finally came up with a method--not the one here, and not the one he used that night, evidently--that although wrong, I was convinced at the time must have been right. Because of that, I thought that other spectators must have come up with the same answer since it was the one method that his presentation didn't cancel out. PM me if you'd like to hear what I thought had happened. [/quote]

Pm you!
/i wish there is a way to perform this without electronics
Its very nice but way out of my financial abilities, but most things are lol
Old thread, I know. Is there a video somewhere of a performance of this?

Ron
[quote]On Sep 4, 2005, Dave Forrest wrote:
You can see it performed on his 'Get Nyman' DVD. He doesn't release the method, and quite rightly so, it's a stunner.

Other than that, I don't know what to tell you.

Dave. [/quote]
[quote]On Jul 20, 2017, toniyammine wrote:
/i wish there is a way to perform this without electronics [/quote]
There is.
Thanks for the info.

Ron