(Close Window)
Topic: Help needed Folding silks for a
Hello all,
Well, as the title states, I need help with folding silks for a string of silks production. The particulars include: about fifteen to twenty silks tied by the corners and packed into a load chamber about the size of a coffee can. The problem is, how do I fold them without producing a string of wrinkled silks? Currently I tie them all in a line, wrap the line around a tube tightly, then slide the lot off the tube into the load chamber cramming them down so they don't fluff up to much. Any assistance would be appreciated and I'm sorry but I'm not planning on buying any new books so directions to read such and such won't help much unless it's Tarbell vol. 1 or on the Learned Pig site. Thanks all for the help!
Mike

Have one on me!
:stout:
Don't tie the ends together, just twist the tails of the silks around each other and poke them into the can. As you pull one out, the next one pops up. Push one end of the silk into the can and the last end in is twisted around the first end into the can until all are loaded.
Message: Posted by: Michael_MacDonald (Jan 11, 2003 09:25PM)
I use a loose accordian fold, it keeps them flat and still lets you tie them up.

Just my 2 cents.

Michael MacDonald
I think that time is a greater factor than compression for wrinkling silks. Therefore, the crew ties the corners together on my silks about fifteen minutes before the load is produced. Use a real square knot and they will come apart very easily with no runner marks. I never leave a load compressed over night.

Bob Sanders
Magic By Sander