(Close Window)
Topic: Daytona Magic Convention
Hi, guys. Sorry if there is another thread on this. I couldn't find it. Could someone tell me the dates of the Daytona Magic Convention and post the web address for it? I tried doing a search on the Internet but, surprisingly, didn't find anything on it.
Hey there, here is what ya need http://www.daytonamagic.com/Convention2005/001main.htm
I will be there performing so please drop by and say hi. Who else is going to go to this great convention?
Thanks so much for the link. See you there.
Brian,
I thought your avatar looks familiar. I'll be there, and I hope to see you there too.
-Tyler
Hey there Ty,I will be performing on either the Friday or Sat show....not sure yet. You going to compete? Brian
I don't think I'm going to compete this year. I did the close-up one last year...I look forward to seeing you perform.
-Tyler
Hey there Tyler, looking forward to catching up with you. I will be doing my glove act at the convention. Who else out there is planning on going? Brian
Hey,

I cant wait to go because my favorite magician of all times is going to be the Mr.Allan Ackerman.He is so nice.I just got a lot of his lecture notes from him a few months ago.He's always sending me video clips of hime performing.
I am looking forward to flying down there. It seems like a great place to hold a convention. Brian
It is in a nice area. I planned on going to the beach for a little bit last year, but the only time I left the building was for the big show. There is so much to do the whole weekend, and you'll be busy from morning, well, until early the next morning.
-Tyler
Hey tyler where is the best place to fly into? It seems to be quite a drive from most air ports. Thanks Brian
I don't live near Daytona, but I did find this airport- http://flydaytonafirst.com/
The hotel is only 20 minutes away from the airport.
If you can't get a flight there, try Orlando. It is only a couple hours away from Daytona, but I don't know how far you want to drive.
-Tyler
Daytona has a good airport to fly into. But if you cant get in there Jacksonville or Orlando is you next best bet.

Ken
Hey there, I have my flight all squared away. I was told at 1 point that you couldn't fly into Daytona Beech...should have checked. see you guys soon. Brian
Bcookmagic

Where did you Here you couldn't fly into Daytona ?
Hi there, From a friend of mine that lives down there....I think he was trying to get me to fly into an airport closer to him....with friends like that I tell ya. LOL Its all set and I will be there in a few weeks. brian
The convention is Right On The Beach!
I'm looking forward to the whole line up of entertainment that is setup. Tylers right there is not much time to do anything else because the days a jam packed with magic.

On the Daytona Airport, it is a smaller airport and I think it only can handle the smaller jets.

Chris
We've only missed the first year and this is always a great convention jammed so full there's barely time to eat--just the way I like 'em. That said this years lineup is AMAZING. Brian I look forward to seeing your act.
Hey there Keeper, Make sure you come and say hi. Brian
Hey there, How are things in Daytona right now after Wilma?
Things are just fine. Are you bringing some Ivar's Clam Chowder down with you?
Hi there, I could but I think the screeners would eat it before I got to the plane. See you guys soon
Bring Bail Money!
Hey there, how far is the airport from the hotel????
I can't help you there Brian, but I just wanted to say that I'm excited about the convention. Only a couple days away! I'm excited for this covention...
-Tyler
How fast do you drive? A little over an hour from Orlando. Just a few minutes from Daytona.
I'm gettin' stoked!
Nope flying into Daytona...just making sure its an easy drive over.
What airline are you on? I think that only one major airline comes to Daytona.
The airport is VERY close. Just go to the beach and head North.
I am coming in on delta. See you guys soon.
See you guys at the Max Maven lecture tonight! Maybe at noon if I get a chance for the first two lectures.
Slim, I missed you there. I saw Brian for a few minutes. Wow, Max Maven did a great job with his lecture. I went to the private teach-in, too, this morning. It was definetly worth the price. What did everyone else think of the convention?
-Tyler
Hey there, I had a great time and enjoyed meetings some of the Caférs there as well. I t was good catching up with some of the guys I know and also meeting new friends....thats what I think conventions are about. Brian
I was only able to attend about half of the convention, half days on Friday and Saturday but, man, was it worth it. I wish I could have seen Max Maven lecture. Jay Sankey was fantastic. What a great guy. People give him a lot of flack but he is warm, generous and absolutely loves magic.

And Allen Ackerman blew my mind. Terrific stuff all around. Met some great people, too.
Tyler..I did the teach-in too...what can I say. AMAZING. I think he felt he needed to give us a trick which was nice but I'd have been just as happy extending the talk....far more important than any trick. So many high points in this convention Maven, Sankey, Harlen ....and Brian's no slouch either !!
Thanks keeper.
Tyler
If you saw the Blues Brothers then you saw me. I was the short muscular one.
I loved the convention but I didn't get to do everything that I wanted. I should have went to the teach in but I was bushed. I met some cool dudes at Denney's after the show. Very fun. The Nun and I will be at all of these from now on.
Party On!
Dave
Oh wow, that was you. I loved that part of the show, it was very good!
-Tyler
Slim,

Big USF fan here so getting to see Jake and Elwood (the better pair) away from their home was a great treat for us.
Thanks guys! It wasn't Magic but it WAS FUN!
It was nice meeting you Slim and Tyler(briefly) I had a fun time out there. Talk to you soon.
Thanks for the Pizza!!!!! The waitress/bartender appeared to rather interested in you?????
How was the early morning swim? I heard that your show went well. Sorry that I did'nt get to see it. I will next time.
No problem with the pizza, Yes Katheren was way cool.
We need to do that more often! I enjoyed the convention. Lots of good stuff.
Dave