(Close Window)
Topic: Creepy magic
Does anyone have any ideas on a sort of creepy and mysterious trick. Im thinking something that looks like real magic. If someone really had magical powers, why would they use them to make a card come to the top of the deck? No offense to any "ambitious carders" I do that stuff a lot to. Im looking for something simular to the ash on arm trick. Burned on ellusionist. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.
Have any idea what you are looking for? What type of an effect?

Magickman
MrMagic1 : no offence, but did you read the posts in this section at all? I am dead sure you will find LOADS of "mysterious" and "Creepy" ideas/routines!

almost any pk effect is creepy and mysterious! floating is creepy and mysterious! punx/borodin/shane (and at least a dozen!) have books written on "mysterious" and "creepy", luke jermay has some pretty neat stuff (NOT for beginners! 7 deceptions)
(one of the effects...a spectator looks at his/her palm, and see the lines moving, twisting, shrinking etc etc...my favorite!)

look up Gede Nibo (and lots of others!) he has some pretty wicked ideas! check out EVERY single post in this section, trust me, you will find lots of materials and wont know where to start!

and if you need any help, do not hesitate to pm!

Georgie!
You could spend years shambling about in dark, dusty curio shops in search of a rat-eaten and moldering volume with heavy leather covers and rusty iron hasps that contains the power that you so unwisely seek. Then again, a lot of it is posted in this section of the Café. Just get comfortable and poke around.

Yours,

Paul
The needle through arm is a pretty creepy because it goes through arm and you see the blood come out.
Oh but I'm not sure if it is that good for close up magic.
MrMagic1... here's a creepy one... actually just a few post after this topic...
come on please search ;)

http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?topic=129628&forum=14&31
Pen Thru Arm but use it for Pen into your eye with liquid tears for real.
Andrew Mayne? http://www.weirdthings.com
[quote]
On 2005-09-11 12:31, MrMagic1 wrote:
Does anyone have any ideas on a sort of creepy and mysterious trick. Im thinking something that looks like real magic. If someone really had magical powers, why would they use them to make a card come to the top of the deck? No offense to any "ambitious carders" I do that stuff a lot to. Im looking for something simular to the ash on arm trick. Burned on ellusionist. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

[/quote]

I completely agree with you on the "real" magic point.
But poke around, there's tons of stuff already here.
Try searching with keywords: creepy OR ghost OR haunted OR spirit OR halloween OR spook OR spooky etc.