(Close Window)
Topic: Planetary Glyphs from Mephysto Magick Studio
For those of you who havent seen this yet, its a beautiful set of rune like stones with glyphs of the planets on them. The basic effect is, You bring out the glyphs from a velvet bag. The Glyphs are placed into the sectators hands and he/she casts them on to the table. Each time...the glyphs upside down are taken away till 1 face up glyph is left. If the glyph that's left is say the "Moon" you smile and reach into the bag, where there is 1 stone and 1 stone only. It is shaped like the cresent moon. (There is a much better write up on Murphys magic!)
I like this effect because it deals with astrology on a new level. Lots of people believe the planets infuence us and the universe. But heres a kicker for you that own this nice prop. In (Bascom Jones's) Magick on page 2384 (Issue 475 I believe but the page number is right) There is an effect called Tarnum. In this effect random numbers will lead a spectator to count down in tarot deck to the moon card. I have aready made a sympathedic effect using a husband and wife for spectators. The two work very well together!

Basic in effect, good looking props, Add imagination and you have a great effect here! Effect can be repeated with different outcome but I don't suggest it.

Magickman
Sounds cool. Is it similar to the effect on 22 Blows to the head where you are tossing coins?
Yes it is. Offers you a few outcomes. It is small, conatined in pouch and ready to go with no set up. So easy, a Psychic Shriner can do it!

LOL

Magickman
(**** Dave! That made me laugh!)
I'm thinking of getting these! Let me check my fundage!
Stop the Laughing.....I'm not a REAL Shriner!
Dave
Peace Magickman...

sounds good...but is this a dressed up version of the old sugar packet effect, where you number all the packets, say 1-6, and on ONE of the packets you do a little extra something? so you in effect guarantee the outcome?

I have one I use with astrology disks...I get the need info of the spec. astro sign ala CT or peek, and then I put in the appropriate gaff...is a bit messy, and I have to stall for time with extra patter etc., but well worth the shock on their face when the eliminate all disks but THEIR own sign...

Baba
I believe so Baba,
Astrology signs sounds good as well. Both effects are simple which gives you time to patter a good line. I believe there are also Rune sets that have this special make up to them as well. I can see where that might be a bit of good fun! Of course you could always make a set of runes!

Magickman
Well, Baba ordered them, and as with MOST of my magic purchases, Blah!!!

~they are cheaply made.

~one came cracked, and the rest I can see will easily do the same.

~ I cant believe they would make them out of such weak material, knowing the necessity of tossing them on the table, over again.

~ the idea is older than Cups and Balls probably, and tis a wonderful one indeed, but not worth 25 bucks by any stretch of the imagination. the materials are worth about 4 bucks, whilst the secret is found in a kids magic book at the library, so clearly one is not paying for the secret, so no excuse there...

again, I made my own already, with round wood disks, and astrological symbols.

~Gede Baba