(Close Window)
Topic: Magic in Kutztown, Pa.
S.A.M. Assembly # 92 annual one day convention in Kutztown,Pa. on Saturday November 12. There is going to be a Fles Market, Close-Up Performers, Auction, Lecture, Magic Dealers, ALL YOU CAN EAT Family Style Dinner Banquet, & to top it all off a fantastic show! You get all that for only $30.00 ( children $15.00).
Performers in the show are:
George Hample
Wayne Hoffman
Lovell Buchanan
Brent Lill
Denny Grahm
This is the 30th anniversary of this one day convention

For more infomation & Tickets call:
Bob Remaly 610-432-3612
Mingus Magic Shop 610-372-7920

or you can e-mail or PM me.

Hope you see you there!
Sounds like a great day of magic. Do any of you other SAM or IBM or other types of magic clubs do 'day of magic' type events? I don't think they do it here.
Steve V
I am definitely going to try to make this event. It sounds like a lot of fun! Thanks for the info Rich.
I been going to this banquet for the past 10 years and I must say its the BEST around. Where else can you see magic all day and do an all you can eat for $30.
Is there a website?
Sorry, there is no website. You have not lived until you have had PA Dutch food.
Make the trip, attend the convention. Good Friends, Good Magic, Good Food
Hey "Slydini Backwards" I have seen you eat----you will be charged extra!
Call or e-mail with questions!
What a great time this convention is! Well worth the money.
New this year is a close up show in the mid afternoon. 4 rotating stations of close up magic! and you can even see me hack out a few min close up act.
Magic and all you can eat. MMmmmmm. I'm going to this. I love Pennsylvania Duth country. Mmmmm...pretzels....
Great picture Ryan! You Pimp'n! Rotating magic? I'll get dizzy!!

There is also a great little Pub to visit right down the street from the convention.
I just heard Kris Nevling will be there as a close up act, he killed last year.
I heard that Kris has a great new Torn & Restored card. I hope he performs it there.
Yes I will be at the convention and yes I do have a new torn and restored card effect. It is called The ReinCARDnation and is a totally impromptu piece by piece FULL restoration of a signed playing card that uses only one card. No extra anything. You start clean and you end clean. Each restoration is visible and the last restoration is done in slow motion. The spectator can see their signature being ripped up several times during the routine and all the tears are done in slow motion so the spectator has no doubt that their card is the one being torn up. ANY CARD, ANY TIME, ANYWHERE. This is the ultimate in piece by piece restorations. I will be selling it at the convention at a discount and it will include a bonus disk that has 4 other routines on it along with some advanced handlings of The ReinCARDnation for those who want to add something to the original. Hope to see you there.
Kris , congrats on ReinCARDnation and also being mentioned in Harry Lorayne's new book, he credit you with Backfire.
Thanks Backfire is my reverse assembly routine. Harry liked it alot. I've yet to see the book but I heard he put it in there.
Thanks Backfire is my reverse assembly routine. Harry liked it alot. I've yet to see the book but I heard he put it in there.
I have also seen Kris's name in Magic Magazine.
Paul Hallas is also one of the close up performers. It is going to be a great day!
Once again---you can not beat the the FOOD !!!
Magic & food ---magical food!-------it is a good thing!
Looks like another winner in Kutztown, as always!
I can't wait to see the people reactions when Kris Nevling performs his (most talked about)torn & restored card trick Reincardnation. I hope he has videoe's for sale.
This is truely the BEST convention of the year on the east coast, where else do you get close-up, stage and all you can eat in one day! plus an auction, flea market, lecture, dealer show.

FOR ONLY $30.00
I got to say I am also looking forward to seeing "Reincardnation". I did another great Kris Nevling effect, that I picked up at last years convention, spooned last night and it kills.....
See you guys there.
Wow, it is almost here! I cannot wait, get your tickets before it sells out!
I got my tickets yesterday $30 all day! What a deal. I even bring my fiance all day, and I know several other people do also, it's a great family day of magic. OHH the food good ol' fashioned Pennsylvania Dutch Cookin'. If you are coming just plan to hang out all day it is really a blast.
All man I want to be there,Got to make a choice Lodge Meeting or convention. Hmm Lodge meeting not looking good.You cant get a better deal for the whole day.
Some tickets still left! You will see Kris Nevling perform the BEST Torn & Restored card you will ever see!
I will also be in attendance at this years convention along with my wife. We have not been there in a while, since we performed in the evening show a few years back. Wecertainly have missed the great magic and aptmosphere and we finally have the calendar open.. so we will be there for sure.

I really look forward to meeting some of you guys in person and getting a chance to shake your hand and perhaps chat a little bit as well.

I look forward to seeing Kris work and such as well. It should be a great time.

Kyle
I'll be there. I can't wait.
Kris:

I look forward to meeting you and seeing you perform your torn and restored card. I look forward to it and getting a chance to shake your hand and perhaps chat.

Kyle
I like Kris alot, and I have seen "ReinCard Nation" it kills, but if you want to see 10 mins of poorly prepared close up magic look for me in the close up show around 12 noon.

Kris: Can we get your new DVD at this convention? If not can people order it?

Also I was speaking to Wayne Hoffman, on of this years performers and he mentioned to me he will be selling off some of his stuff at a flea market table. The only thing better than the food is the used magic....
See you Sat.
Ryan:

I look forward to meting with you and watching you perform. It will be an honor to get to watch you and perhaps get a chance to talk to you sometime during the day. I am also going to try and have a fleamarket table as I want to display my art work for magicians as well as showcase some of my design work also. I look forward to seeing you and the others on Saturday.

Kyle
[quote]
On 2005-11-10 12:28, ryansmagic wrote:
I like Kris alot, and I have seen "ReinCard Nation" it kills, but if you want to see 10 mins of poorly prepared close up magic look for me in the close up show around 12 noon.

Kris: Can we get your new DVD at this convention? If not can people order it?

Also I was speaking to Wayne Hoffman, on of this years performers and he mentioned to me he will be selling off some of his stuff at a flea market table. The only thing better than the food is the used magic....
See you Sat.
[/quote]
I will have some videos to sell at the convention but unfortunatlly I will only be letting people pre-order my new video because it is still being edited and will not be available for another couple weeks. Anyone who pre-orders will get a little something free at the convention. I will not say what it is but it is worth it. See ya tomorrow!!!!
[quote]
On 2005-11-10 07:33, magic4u02 wrote:
Kris:

I look forward to meeting you and seeing you perform your torn and restored card. I look forward to it and getting a chance to shake your hand and perhaps chat.

Kyle
[/quote]
I'll see you there Kyle. I look forward to chatting.
[quote]
On 2005-11-10 22:30, magic4u02 wrote:
Ryan:

I look forward to meting with you and watching you perform. It will be an honor to get to watch you and perhaps get a chance to talk to you sometime during the day. I am also going to try and have a fleamarket table as I want to display my art work for magicians as well as showcase some of my design work also. I look forward to seeing you and the others on Saturday.

Kyle
[/quote]

I'm very interested in seeing your art work.

Also I was talking to Wayne Hoffman and he will be selling a lot of his props and Illusions for a great price.

Kris, I'm not a big fan of preordering but put me down because I know your a stand up guy. And I saw you perform a couple of tricks that will be on your dvd.
Thanks. I look forward to chatting with you and showing you my stuff. I may just ahve a small table showing some of my illustrations (orints) I have for sale and then a small portfolio book and some flyers that showcase my graphic design services for entertainers. The portfolio has a lot of my logo and corporate identity work I have done for other magicians. It should be fun at any rate.

I look forward to meeting you both tomorrow.

Kyle
What time does the convention start and end?Thanks, Glenn.
Here is the line up.
11-3 flea Market
12-12:45 Close up show w/ Ryan Parsons, Rich Gerber, Paul Hallas, and Kris Nevling
1-3 Auctions
3:30-4:30 Lecture by George Hample
5-5:30 Dealer Show
6:30-7:45 Dinner
8:00 Show Time
This Years show George Hample, Wayne Hoffman, Lovell Buchanan, Brent Lill, and Denny Graham

See you tommorow
I'll be there!!

See everyone tomorrow!!

S. Patrick

PS: Actually I just noticed that it is tomorrow!! See everyone in 10 hours!!

S.
Hey Kris, a question about your DVD pre-order. It is not being done by the same guys that did the Criss Angel DVD is it?
Had a blast at the convention. thanks to everyone who purchased the dvd. I hope you enjoy it.
Great convention. Todd, you did a great job puting it together.
Glen, was it you that assisted me with the prize trick where you won a round of applause?

Paul.
Hello,Paul.Yes I assited you with the prize trick. Nice metting you. Glenn
Another very nice Kutztown convention and at least 10 magic Café members in one place. Really great job to everybody, espically Todd, Bob, and Wayne. Nice work and see you next year.
P.S. Thanks for thr "Rat Pack" DVD nice door prize.
It was a great convention with lots of fun moments. I didn't get a chance to say hello to everyone so I hope I will see some of you again soon, perhaps Bob Littles!

Looking forward to next year in Kutztown!
[quote]
On 2005-11-13 14:06, Glenn Watson wrote:
Hello,Paul.Yes I assited you with the prize trick. Nice metting you. Glenn
[/quote]

When I said pop by the stand and I'll give you a consolation prize, I wasn't joking, p.m. me your address and I'll send you something. I forgot about it and you never came and mentioned it :)

It was fun doing the close up there, mixed some of my regular restaurant stuff with a couple of items I assumed people would not have seen before. :)

Had a mini card session with Steve F, got some background info. from Sidewinder creator Rich Bangs etc and met other nice people like yourself, Glenn. Friendly convention. Even picked up a bargain at a fleamarket table.
Paul.
My wife Kelly and I had a great time at the convention and getting the chance to meet a good many of you and shake your hand and talk with you all. We had a blast and wanted to say that we appreciate all the hard work that goes into doing that each year.

Kris: I loved your close-up work and really appreciated the hard work you did in developing the torn and restored card version that you do. Nicely done. I also will have to see some of your artwork at sometime. It was nice of you to come over and take a look at my design and illustration work. I hope I can see some of your own designs sometime.

Ryan: Great job up there to end the show. It was very entertaining and fun and I think that is what magic is all about. I enjoyed it. I am sorry I did not get to personally say that to you and shake your hand, but my wife and I had a long trip back to Philadelphia and I kind of figured you and your group had a lot of work loading and packing things back in for your trip back home.

Nice meeting you guys and I hope to see some of you at our full stage production magic and illusion show on November 26th. It would be great fun to have the chance to meet some of you again in person and get your feedback on the show. We have been in pre-rproduction on the show for 5 months now and are so excited to be almost near the time to actually hit the stage and the limelight and do what we love to do best.

If anyone wants any information on the show, just let me know. I would be happy to give that to you. Once again, GREAT JOB to everyone and we hope to see you all again.

Kyle
This was probably the best little convention I attended. The close up shows were great,food was awesome.
[quote]
On 2005-11-13 21:09, Paul wrote:
Had a mini card session with Steve F.[/quote]

And we learned from a 12-year-old what to do with three (count 'em, three) D'Lites.
Hey steve. Nice meeting you at the convention. I had a blast. I hope everyone enjoyed the shows.
Likewise, Kris...thanks for taking the time to work with a semi-literate card geek. Your stuff is superb, and your presentation skills are even better than your stuff. Nice combination.
Hey Steve, it was great seeing you at Kutztown, wish you could of stayed a bit longer! Perhaps I will see you again soon in the area.

- Ed
Ed:
Great seeing you as well. Check your PM...we need to get a small group together for a good session. And there are several guys around here from whom we can learn a lot. Let me know when you're up for it.
Anyone know when the next Kutztown Convention is for 2007? I know they're in November. Has a date been determined yet?

Robert Haas
http://www.MagicEnhancer.com
Nov. 10th and the show is killer. I heard they got Daryl and he's doing close up, lecture and stage. I know there is a website let me find out and I'll put it up for ya.
Are you joking?
[quote]
On 2007-08-12 19:54, Al Angello wrote:
Are you joking?
[/quote]

Why do you say that? They had Greg Wilson last year. Kutztown is the best one day convention in the mid atlantic.. blows Bob Littles out of the water!
Sounds very cool!

Does anyone know if there [i]is[/i] a website?

Also, how long of a tricp do you think it will be from NJ? Driving for a few hours ain't fun. :)
I know NJ and PA are right next to eachother, but I'm not sure if it's in north or south PA.

Thanks!
-Vinnie

PS, geesh, if I end up going to this too, I'll be broke! I'm already planning on attending Metro Magic 3, and Bob Littles! :P
It's true about Daryl.....I can't wait this is a really great convention.

Vinnie,
Per google map about 1 hour and 40 mins for yoe. go west on 78...

I do not know the website, but I will keep my ears open.
Ryan
Daryl is a great convention headliner, and althgough I usually go to Kutztown I will make a special effort to make it this year. Perhaps you can introduce me to our exuberent teenaged friend Mr. Majestic12, who seems to have a real team spirit.
Al,
This should be another great year at Kutztown. Last year Greg Wilson was great and now I am really looking forward to Daryl.

Mark Nov. 10th down.

I will post more information when I get it. I know there are flyers floating around the Mingus Magic Shop.

I don't know if I have ever met Majestic12 before, if I have than sorry.
Ryan
The poor fellow seems to think that Magic conventions are in competition with each other when actually they compliment each other. Fortunetly the Kutztown convention is a week after MM III, and a week before Bob Little's Super Sunday, the smart magicians will be at all three great conventions.

Ryan
Vinnie was asking about a SAM assembly #92, or a Mingus Magic web site for more info.
Hey guys this is the website I got but I was also told by the end of the month it will look better. http://kutztownmagic.rhomepage.com/ It's incomplete right now

Also performing is Paul Hallas, Kianoa Harbottle, Clive Allen, etc...
[quote]
On 2007-08-13 09:48, Al Angello wrote:
Ryan
The poor fellow seems to think that Magic conventions are in competition with each other when actually they compliment each other. Fortunetly the Kutztown convention is a week after MM III, and a week before Bob Little's Super Sunday, the smart magicians will be at all three great conventions.

Ryan
Vinnie was asking about a SAM assembly #92, or a Mingus Magic web site for more info.
[/quote]

So true Al, Though I do go to Bob Little's (which you have to cause it's Bob nothing beats Kutztown. you can't beat the headliners, the all you can eat dinner and most of all the price. This convention stands out by itself
Inidyls
There is a different flavor at MM III, Kutztown, and Bob Littles. MM III has the best dealers, Bob Little has the best auction, Kutztown has a folksy small town atmosphere, a family style dinner, and this year they have Daryl. Was that Magestic12 fellow Wayne's nephew?
[quote]
On 2007-08-13 15:34, Al Angello wrote:
Inidyls
There is a different flavor at MM III, Kutztown, and Bob Littles. MM III has the best dealers, Bob Little has the best auction, Kutztown has a folksy small town atmosphere, a family style dinner, and this year they have Daryl. Was that Magestic12 fellow Waynes nephew?
[/quote]

Waynes Nephew? Who?

My personal opinion is that conventions do compete with each other, but I am not here to argue or get off topic about that.

Anyways, I wonder if we can get Daryl to pick on the guy that Greg did last year in Kutztown. What did Greg call him, Mongo or something? hah. Remember the big guy? That brings back some good convention memories of last year.

I hope to make it up this year.
Okay, I'll be making it to all three conventions in November!! :bg:

Thanks for all of the help guys!

This looks like it's going to be a lot of fun! I can't wait!!! =]

Tis a heck of a drive, but I'm up for it! Should be well worth it!

And come September when our SAM ring has our first meeting, I'll ask if anyone from our ring will be attending any of the 3 conventions... The more people the better! =]

Thanks!
-Vinnie

PS, Al, should I bring my juggling clubs? I can keep them in my car and you can help me with my form. =] Bring yours too if you can. :)
Vinnie
I cary everything in my car, and it will be my pleasure to help you amigo, I'll even introduce you to Wayne. Who said kids today have no manners?
[quote]
On 2007-08-13 14:20, inidyls wrote:
Hey guys this is the website I got but I was also told by the end of the month it will look better. http://kutztownmagic.rhomepage.com/ It's incomplete right now

Also performing is Paul Hallas, Kianoa Harbottle, Clive Allen, etc...
[/quote]

Regarding the "also performing" that was LAST year, unless Kianoa, Clive, myself and etc. are going to be asked again. :)

Paul.
Great Al! Thanks man!! Looking forward to this! =]

Have a good one,
-Vinnie