(Close Window)
Topic: mmm... which book?
Hello there, I want to buy a book because I'm getting fed up of accumulating more props and only being able to get mediocre to plain rubbish routines and handlings for them. Now I don't really want to go out and spend a hundred pounds, and I don't really want to have to buy loads of books, so I guess I want a nice cheap and easy course in magic.
I would like it to contain something for cups & balls and something for spongeballs, also CMH would be nice, and something on presentation... but any recomendations would be useful, so whats the best book?

Jester

:clownjuggling:
If you are looking for a book which includes cups and balls, CMH, and essays, you might consider [i]The Magic of Michael Ammar[/i]. Also, Mark Wilson's [i]Complete Course in Magic[/i] has cups and balls information, sponge balls, multiplying billiard balls, and oh so very much more. A [b]must[/b] have if you do not already own it!
Harry Loraine's Magic Book is a good intro too.
Mark Wilson's Complete Course in Magic book is currently being sold as "Mark Wilson's Cyclopedia of Magic" in paperback.

It only costs about 8
Go with Harry Loraine's magic books.

Greetings,

Niels
Johnstu, where??? That one's sounding good so far (I've been looking through other posts on books!!)
Paul
:clownjuggling:
I've been scouring the used book stores for the Tarbell books (just 3 more to go). Nearly every used book store around here (and yes, Dallas is a loooong way from the UK) has a copy of the Mark Wilson Complete course in magic, and/or Now You See It Now You Don't, both excellent beginning books in magic. Check your used book stores would be my advice.
The 'Magic Book' by Harry Lorayne is a must even though it does not contain the cups and balls or CMH.

And if it's presentation that you're interested in then 'Magic & Showmanship' by Henning Nelms is the book you want. It's extremely cheap and easily available from Amazon.

Take it easy.

Socrates

'Much learning does not teach a man to have intelligence' - Heraclitus :die:
Stars Of Magic
If you are looking for a course in magic, consider Mark Wilson's Complete Course in Magic on video. It's like having Mark Wilson's book in motion.
Darwin Ortiz' book Strong Magic iss meant to be really good for presentation. I am saving to get it myself at the moment.
Mark Wilson Cyclopedia of Magic, you'll always be able to refer back on it.

regards,

dsnowmon