(Close Window)
Topic: Magic blood by Trevor Duffy
Magic blood by Trevor Duffy

I am looking at using this effect in a stage show. I didn't find any comments on it in the Café. Has anyone used it?

It is unclear in the discriptions if the blood flows at all. I am thinking that it wont depending on the method.

Pros? Cons? comments? smart remarks?
Mind giving a link for this?
Is this the blood that you touch two chem. together and it makes blood it is also called magic blood. I have it its great
Yes you have to rub these together. Does this work well?
Steve
Lots of fun. Try two drops of each.
Is it ab stage blood?
Put a drop on knife blade and a drop on arm touch blade to arm and the blood flows
Ok then thanks for the clarification, it is what is known in the theatre and movie scene as "AB BLOOD"
Are these chemicals toxic?
Message: Posted by: Christopher Williams (Apr 27, 2006 05:24AM)
The chemicals are not toxic, and completely harmless. It is an ok trick, but just a little quickie. Some people can be frightened at the sight of a knige that you bring out, and disagree with you 'cutting' them, and wont let you do the effect on them. I think it is clever, but not for me. Just doesn't suit anything I do, and would look out of place in my act, just bringing out a knife and aying 'Here, il numb your arm and cut you'. (Obviously not quite like that). You need to present this right, and a mentalist would love this, using patter about controlling the mind to stop the spectator feeling pain
Murphys has it:
http://murphysmagicsupplies.com/catalog/tricks/html/MAGICBLOO.html

Trevor Duffy's site:
http://www.trevorduffy.co.za/products.htm
Wow, I need this stuff for one of my tricks... how much exactly does a drop of each produce. and is the liquid more of a gel, I'm just wondering how easy it would be to put some on the pen tip... thanks for the heads up guys! this is why the Café is so great! -Jesse
The fact that Murphy's has it doesn't do us a lot of good unless we happen to have a dealer account with them and can buy in bulk. ;)

I bought some AB Blood at the NE Convention in PA last year, the bottles' labels have the classic red cross symbol on them, and everything's written in French.

Any leads on that ? I've never seen it anywhere else.
Ab blood liquids are runny water like LIQUIDS not gels
..I own a pownder - this is non visible on skin - when it gets in contact with water - you get a good "blood mess"! I bought this in an fx shop..very happy with it.
best,
T
Mystician, try here
http://www.atoztheatrical.com/product_info.php/products_id/1281?osCsid=18a07f4b0ab21576e8586ffc92932362
Thanks Judah, but that's a powder and liquid.
The stuff I bought is two separate liquids, one clear, the other a light brownish color- and everything's in french. I couldn't discern a manufacturer even, oddly enough. I wonder if it's stuff that's normally used by the Red Cross in France for training EMTs or something like that, and the guy I bought it from is reselling it .. ?
This is being a bloody good trick! Ha ha.
It's probably a dead & burried topic, but if just in case anyone is still searching for a link to this stuff (Like I was) the new working link is this one;

http://www.atoztheatrical.com/catalog/makeup-blood-effects-magic-blood-part-blood-p-1281.html
Such a sanguinary effect I have never even heard of, but sounds like perfect for Halloween shows!
Back a while ago for the SPFX community
Kyrolan was one of the first with a two part AB Blood (you had to be careful with then lighting thou as it sometimes had a tendency to be rusty colored)
Graftobian puts out a powdered magic blood that "appears" with water
there are a few new Haunter companies that are putting out blood that will dry (not remain sticky) but still appear wet
[quote]
On 2013-06-09 14:09, gothicmagic wrote:

there are a few new Haunter companies that are putting out blood that will dry (not remain sticky) but still appear wet
[/quote]

I wonder if this could be used in Ladybug to make the blood appear more like blood. Does anyone have a name for this product or a link?
Thanks in advance,
Steve