(Close Window)
Topic: Learning Coin Magic
Just a quick question. I'm currently reading Bobo, and I was wondering when learning coin slights is it a good idea to be able to do them with both hands? Currently I'm just using my right hand, but it occured to me that it might be good to learn with both hands. Is this true?

Thanks

Mike
If you have a look in the coin magic forum theres a simialr post up there right now called "amibidexterity", theres a lot of stuff there.
As with most things, having extra abilities, or more refined perhaps, will rarely hurt. However don't let it stunt your ability to do the sleight well. I.E. Doing the downs palm well with one hand beats doing it with both poorly. This is being (As has been stated)and has been discussed before. I would search this out for more opinions.
It is not necessary! I do some sleights better with my left hand (eventhough I am not a lefty)

it all depends on what makes you feel comfy....i would suggest to take a coin, try to do a sleight with ur right, then ur left, see the first impression, which ever feels good keep using it (as in hands)

and I agree to what the guys already said!
Good advice by all above.

You've likely noticed in Bobo's that most of the moves and routines use the dominant hand.
As time goes by you may want to train your non-dominant hand to do some concealments and switches. It's not necessary but it can't hurt.
Thanks for the advice guys. I'm having trouble enough getting them done with my right I may just leave the left for later.

Mike
Mike - take it one step at a time - do you have other tricks you perform with your other hand? If so - don't worry about it.

JCPENNY
Simply Magic
I'd learn the basic with both hands because many tricks require sleights with both the left and the right hand.