(Close Window)
Topic: V Shaped finger ring
Hey,

Anybody here know where I can find one of those V shaped finger rings?

Sha
Search for magicians rings on this site. I've seen it discussed before. I think a few of the magic dealers have them. Some folks have had them made up by jewelers.
JFYI..they are called *wishbone* rings.
Don Alan, Fred Kaps, just to name 2, did wear a such one.
There used to be a tradition that you didn't buy a Magician's Ring for yourself. The only "honorable" way to obtain one was for it to be gifted by another Magician as a sign and acknowledgement of your skill and maturity as a Magical entertainer.
Bob James has them made for his magic shop in Elmhurst IL
http://www.bobjamesmagic.com/
They are good quality.
[quote]
On 2005-10-20 23:15, Julie wrote:
There used to be a tradition that you didn't buy a Magician's Ring for yourself. The only "honorable" way to obtain one was for it to be gifted by another Magician as a sign and acknowledgement of your skill and maturity as a Magical entertainer.
[/quote]

I've never heard of this tradition. Is this a tradition that you heard about, and if so from whom, or is there any documentation concerning this ceremonial exchange? Any of the past legendary masters involved in it?

I see that Ortiz wears one in At The Card Table. It makes for a rather clever gimmick for use with cards, coins and IT as well.
Isn't it supposed to be an "m" shaped fingerring?
Yes Dan, *M* for *Magician*, but when one is wearing it all ppl notice is a V-shape.
Mine isn't an M, it's a W I must be wearing it upside down. Of course since I am a member of the Wizards Club the W could also stand for Wizard.
I wannted to get one of these for years. I wonder if I can get it done in Titanium, To match my wedding band. And WOW 350 for a ring?
Check with a jeweler. I have seen non-magicians wearing a wishbone ring.
AARRGGHH!!! Back in the states that would be easiy but the kroner here is ridiculous. I thought I saw somewhere online where they were about 60 or so. Any one on the Café do these? I would really like to get a titanium one.
Or if your a big batman fan - http://www.noblecollection.com/catalog/product.cfm?id=NN4431&catid=45

Get's you a COOL batman version of this type of ring for 95 bucks.
AAHH I don't know then I would have to get the whole outfit and car. Not to mention the big red phone. To pricey.. But I would love to here from anyone that could do the titanium one.
Dunninger's "encyclopedia" had ring in the shape of a devil's head.
What happened to the toothpicks and stuff you wrote Conus? That had confused me.
It is said that if you would cut the ring at one of the points, and open it up. It would be an 'M' for magician.
Yeah I knew that. Who has these? Can I get a list to see if I can get one made?
Any Luck?
I think Daniel Garcia also wears a V shaped finger ring on his index or second finger. It's very cool. Like the previous post, I've not heard of the v shaped ring assoication with magicians until now.
I remember seeing these at Toledo's Conjurors Convention last year. Daytona magic was the dealer. You can buy them here http://www.daytonamagic.com/Accessories/AC044.htm#MAGICIAN'S%20RINGS
The ring has been associated with magic for a long time. The ring is purposely designed so that if it's cut at any of its vertices the ring will form an "M" for magician or a "W" for wizard.
The thing about Daytona is that I don't see a slot for ring sizes. And I don't know if he would ship to APO.
Paisa:

Don't you want a toe ring? I thought you ran out of fingers with the Wizard PK ring.

Tony
LOL not yet. I have 8 left to fill but if I get this, all I will need is ONE thumb ring and I will be good. wedding ring on left, Wizard on right third finger and the V ring on either pointer or middle. PLease help guys who is the most reliable?
What happened to Subterfuge?
This is quite an interesting thread. While not the rings you all speak of...

Check this out.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ANCIENT-ROMAN-MAGICIANS-RING-C-0-300AD_W0QQitemZ7401075358QQcategoryZ37907QQcmdZViewItem#ebayphotohosting
I switch between the two Tony. OK well I am going to make a purchase today from somewhere I don't know. So these are the two site to go from? Does anyone know of any others?
Maybe this one http://cgi.ebay.com/Vint-Modernist-Sterling-Johansen-Denmark-Wishbone-Ring_W0QQitemZ8929429625QQcategoryZ52610QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
Gorgeous unfortunately to small for me. I e-mailed Daytona about3 days ago and still have not received any info from them.
I received one from my father as a graduation present from high school. Being that he was a magician, I assume that he was following the above mentioned tradition which, ironically, I had never heard until I read this thread.

The only other info I have is that I've always heard of them referred to as "m" rings and that mine was designed by a jewler in Cincinnati for Haines House of Cards. Someone gave me a little history on the ring at a convention (I want to say it was abb dickson) telling me that the ring design originated hundreds of years ago in England as a way for magicians to identify one another secretly.

I've also heard rumors that the best "m" rings are made of pure elvish gold.
The Ring you are looking for can be found a BJW Magical Jewelers. If you want more info PM me and I will send it to you. I just received mine on 5/09/06 and it is very nice and inexpensive ($70.00 with shipping) this is for silver.