(Close Window)
Topic: 2 bits of bad news
1.I was in Beverly MA this week. "Marco the magi" has had a stroke. For the first time in 21 years he was unable to perform in the opening of the Larcom show.

2. Our own Steve Baker needs a shunt put into his heart. This bothers him as he will now be unable to perform for ware.

Please remember both men in your prayers.....
That's so unfortunate...
I hope all goes well with them.

Wishing for the best,

Daniel
I'm sure I speak for many many Café members when I say that our thoughts, prayers, and expectations for full and speedy recovery are with them both!
Terrible news; wishing all the best for both of them. Steve, much as it sucks that you have to miss WEAR, you'll definitely be there in spirit and inspiration. Wishing you a quick recovery, look forward to having you back in action!
Both of these men are very good friends of mine. In truth I refer to both of them as mentors, one in escapes and the other in magic. They are very unique people who have contributed greatly to the world of show business.

Both are in my prayers, as they always are, but especially now.
Message: Posted by: Steve Baker - Mr.Escape (Oct 22, 2005 05:28PM)
Daniel,Ed,Helen,Mr.Wizard,Dean,

Thank you for your kind thoughts!

I go in on Monday am for an MRI,they put dye in a
artery,then trace it during the angiogram,to find area of
the blockage.
Then based on the severity of the blockage,Angioplasty or bypass surgery!

I don't want eather,but Angioplasty is less invasive than bypass surgery.
I hope I don't need eather!

Thanks for concern,and good wishes,

Steve
Steve,

Just so you know, my wife's family is full of Uncles that have had the same proceedure you are headed for. 1 angioplasty, 1 double bypass and one (believe it or not) quintiple bypass. all were 100 percent successful. They all made incredible recoverys, and fast too. Today's medical science has these proceedures down to an art.

I have faith that you will be fine, and you will escape again!

My prayers are with you.

godspeed my friend.

Cliff
Steve and Marco, I too hope for the speediest recovery and hope that you suffer the least amount of discomfort.
Steve-I asked my dad who just had the stint installed and it was through an incision on his thigh....not the other nasty place you mentioned. He said it was not too hard on him and he left the hospital the next day. He is looking forward to seeing you perform soon and offers his best wishes too.
Marco- I never met you but when I did magic shows for kids birthday parties, I shared almost the same name as you. So from one Marko to the other Marco, best wishes to you and get well soon!

mark
O--O
Best of luck to both Steve Baker and Marco!

Yours,

Paul
Well, the G R E A T news is marco (actually Cesareo Palaez) is speaking (not well but speaking), and he moved his left arm today.

Keep doing what you are doing, its working!

Do a web search for Le Grand David, if you don't know about him and his show.
Steve,

Best of luck with the MRI on Monday. I hope all goes well and you will be in my thoughts.

Marco,

I too have never met you, either here or in real life, but my thoughts are with you too. Get well soon.

Take care,

Ros
What sad and startling news! Steve my prayers are with you! I know that this will be almost nothing for you given everything you have suffered through over the past few years! Heck, I suspect that it will be less discomfort for you than one of the escapes you have performed! Good luck my friend! WEAR will miss your performance but your health and well being is much more important! Every participant of WEAR and the participants of this section of the Café' has enjoyed your continued support and encouragement. Now it is time for us to give you our support and encouragement! Stay well my friend.

I am very saddened by the news of Cesareo Pelaez aka Marco the Magi's stroke! I hope him a speedy and full recovery! I remember the joy and wonder I felt watching him on stage at the Cabot Street Cinema Theatre that first season of Marco the Magi's Production of Le Grand and his own Spectacular Magic Company! I heard about the show from a review in MUM and drove from Annapolis, MD to Beverly, MA just to see it. It was more than worth it. Talking to Cesareo after the show convinced me of his total commitment to and love of magic!
As always Steve I wish you the best,

Perry
My thoughts and prayers to them both! Steve, I know you will make a full recovery whatever the outcome! I know about heart disease. It runs on both sides of my family (both grandfathers died from heart problems), and at my pre-employment physical, I was diagnosed with a heart murmur. Doctor doesn't think anything will develop from it, but it bears watching. Take care of yourself, Steve! Remember, I haven't had the pleasure of conversing with you in person, yet!

Margarette
Steve...
Please know that Kristen and I are praying for you. You're in our thoughts, keep us posted.

Kevin & Kristen
Update on Steve Baker. He went to have his MRI done today and the doctors decided that he will need to have the angioplasty procedure. So tomorrow he heads into the hospital and may be there for several days. Steve told me to thank everyone for their prayers and good thoughts and to keep them coming.
Thanks for the update. He is definetly in my prayers.

Perry
Steve,

My prayers too are with you and with the other gentleman. The One who was faithful through years past will be faithful yet again. Be well.

Clyde
Thanks for the update.

Stay strong Steve and take care,

Ros
Steve,
My thoughts are with you today as you are having the procedure done.
I have only known you a very short time but I know you have enough heart to go through this with no problems.
I know you are upset by not being able to perform for WEAR this time, but I hope you will participate in another version: [b]W[/b]ishing an [b]E[/b]asy and [b]A[/b]mazing [b]R[/b]ecovery.
Take care,

mark
O--O
Just spoke to Steve Baker who can be quoted as saying "he is feelin no pain!". His procedure went fine and they are moving him to the recovery room. If all goes well, he may be able to return home tonight!
That's great!!!

Stay strong,

Ros
Great news - thanks for the update! :)
That is wonderful news! Whew! I was holding my breath there for a while. I wish my good friend Steve Baker, a quick and complete recovery!

Hey! This was probably not as bad as being blown up by dynamite!!! Right Steve?
Steve, I just missed you online now, I hope you are taking it easy and not trying to do too much too soon.

all the best

Ian
I'm sure Steve will post shortly, but in case he doesn't, he is home now. Everything went fine and he is resting.
Message: Posted by: Steve Baker - Mr.Escape (Oct 25, 2005 11:20PM)
Hi Gang,

Well I'm home,and thank you Carnegie for posting the up dates!

And thank you all for your prayers,well wishes,and support!

A little more rest and I'll be as good as new in no time!

Steve
Sweet! Glad you are home and all is going well. Get some rest and take care!

mark
O--O
This is good news! Welcome back! I am glad that everything went well and that you are healthy and sound!
Yay! Good to have you back! :)
Good to see you on the other side, you'll be amazed how fast you'll get your sea legs back. You'll be tied and free before you can say, "Peter Piper Picked a peck of pickled peppers!"
Glad to hear all went well!