(Close Window)
Topic: water torture cell
Wow, I think this is really underrated! I happened to fall asleep in the shower last night for 3 hours and when I woke up my hands were stinging sooooooo bad, it felt like my skin was ripping apart. I always thought that the 24 hour underwater thing was kind of easy but now I don't...

What do you people think of it?
Cheers,
Max
The water torture cell does not have running water (probably the reason for your pain) Besides if you are underwater for longer than a couple of minutes in the cell, you've been there too long..

If you can convince your partner that a water torture cell would make a great additional piece of decor - then you are more persuasive than me :)

Regards,

Kris Sheglova
Max,
How does one fall asleep in a shower for 3 hours?
Don
Hi all

Kris

The "....24 hour underwater..." thing Max is talking about is the challenge that Criss Angel undertook a little while ago in New Yorks WWE wrestling nightspot, 'The World'.

He remained underwater for 24hrs (with scuba gear) in a copy of Houdini's cell.

Pretty lame stunt really!

By the way. I didn't just vanish from the chat the other night on purpose. NTL had their fun with me again, and I couldn't get back in :(

Have fun

Duncan
[quote]
On 2002-11-08 13:28, DonDriver wrote:
Max,
How does one fall asleep in a shower for 3 hours?
Don
[/quote]

hahaha, it was like 1:00 and I woke up at 4:00. Oh and BTW Criss Angel didn't just do it -- Houdini was the original (I think). I (pardon me) don't like big stage illusions. I like closeup stuff but I respect both. I think that if it was running water then it would be easier to handle. Plus, at the end of the 24 hours you take off the breathing tank and hold your breath and take off all of your chains and locks.
Just one small clarification on Criss Angels stunt, he didn't have Scuba gear really, he had a breathing aparatus, goggles, and shorts. Also on an average day my hands are submerged for about 4 hours or more and at the end of the day my skin is so saturated that when I open my hands up all the way my skin actually splits, so its not that easy really......plus the water sucks out the salt, and many of the oils in your skin, :stout:
What is your occupation? 4 hours a day?!?
I believe he is a goldfish....
Actually I am a dishwasher, and spend about 6 hours a day Mon-Fri in a dishroom, about 4 of those hours are hand scrubing pots and pans. So you see My hands get a lot of abuse.