(Close Window)
Topic: NFL playoffs
Well just wondering who everyone likes in the playoffs/Superbowl? I'm from Chicago originally, so GO BEARS!!!

:smoke:
Well, sorry to say that the Bears are not going to the Superbowl because the Raiders have won it already =)

:goof: :bg:
I'm a Philadelphia fan through and though!

:cool: :approve:
I am from Oakland and, sad to say but, the Raiders have proven for years unable to win three big games in a row. :cry:
The Lions!!
my radio station said that the superbowl won't let anyone mention their name since it was copywrighted is that a load of crock or what? :verysad:
This year . . . Packers/Bears. The Big G dominates again!! :approve:
Well...

...who won?

Jeff
Last year the Colts won over the Bears. Rex Grossman choked and it was a beautiful thing to watch. Bum.
Right on VANDY. GO PACKERS!!!!!

How about that game saturday night, 2 DEFENSIVE TDS and 6 SACKS.

THE PACK IS BACK!!!!!!!!!!
They looked great. But it's preseason so it's hard to tell anything. But I'm pretty excited about the defense this year. I think AJ Hawk could break out and become a star this year.
We'll see Thursday when the starters should play a half.

With the offensive line protecting Favre better and blocking better for the run, an improved return game and more aggressive D, the Packers could win the division and go deep in the playoffs.

The Super Bowl is in AZ this year and if the Packers go I will be there.

The real key is NO INJURIES!
The Packers will go to the super bowl when donkeys fly.
The Packers have more NFL Championships than any team in the history of the league, that includes three Superbowls. They aren't going this year, but to say they will win a Superbowl when donkeys fly is crazy. It's one of the best orginazations in the league. It's not like they are the Arizona Cardnials or something. They'll be back.
Vandy
It is good to know that you understand half the league is better than the Packers, and if they win 8 games it will be a great season.
I do agree. The Pack will likely be no better than they were last year (8-8). They have a tough non-conference schedule this year. If they won it this year, I'd be looking for those flying donkeys. I'm just glad I'll be sitting in the stands watching Favre play. Re-writing the record books.

I wouldn't call 8 games a "great" season. I think 10 would be "great". 8 wins would be "acceptable" depending on how the games played out.
I'm an Eagles fan, and we look at football differently in Philadelphia. If the Eagles beat Dallas twice there will be dancing in the street in eastern Pennsylvania.
[quote]
On 2007-08-22 14:47, Al Angello wrote:
we look at football differently in Philadelphia.
[/quote]

LOL! We have a little rivalry around here too, it's been going on about 80 years, perhaps you've heard of it. Packers/Bears?

Believe me, between the Packers beating the Bears on New Years eve this year and then the Bears choking in the Superbowl. It was almost like the Packers won the Superbowl. It made a very nice end to the NFL season for me.
Al,

The Packers lost to the cowgirls 7 times in a row ALL IN dallas. In 1997 I went to Packers training camp and took the stadium tour, ALL the guide could talk about was the cowgirls FINALLY coming to Green Bay. When he pointed out the visting owners box he said he had been asked if the glass was bullet proof. Of course the Packers beat the cowgirls 45-17 and have WHIPPED them EVERY TIME they have come there. The cowboys HAVE NEVER won a game in Green Bay.

The Packers may not be in the Super Bowl but they will be better than 8-8, IF
there are no serious injuries.

Vandy,

The bears losing the Super Bowl was GREAT, it was better than them losing in the NFC Championship game.
[quote]
On 2007-08-22 15:20, Big Jeff wrote:
The cowboys HAVE NEVER won a game in Green Bay.
[/quote]

But they have won in Milwaukee, I know, I was there. I'm so glad they don't play in Milwaukee anymore. They have the best Stadium in the world, I'm glad they decided to play all their games there finally.

[quote]
Vandy,

The bears losing the Super Bowl was GREAT, it was better than them losing in the NFC Championship game.

[/quote]

Definately! And they way the lost, with Grossman just stinking up the joint and the arrogant Bears coaches continuing to put the game in his hands. Best Superbowl I've seen since 1996.
We don't have a rivalry with Dallas, we hate the whole city. They refer to the rest of the leagus as being outside of Texas, they think that Texas is the center of the **** universe, I HATE DALLAS
Al,

That's how most Packer Fans feel about the bears. In fact there is a polka called 'The bears Still Suck" and one for the cowboys called 'c is for cowboy' and one for the vikings called 'we're the minnisota vikings'. The band is The Happy Schnapps Combo.

There are lots of pro Packer songs to.
Well, as the resident Cowboy fan - grew up in Dallas - I'm hoping they can win a playoff game or 2 this year. It has been a long dry spell. Certainly don't think they have the strength at this time to go to the Super Bowl. They have played well in pre-season, but we all know that doesn't mean much.
As a fan, is it better if your team loses in the playoffs or if they make it to the super bowl and lose?

Personnally I would rather lose in the playoffs.

It was hard watching the Packers lose to the broncos, but at least it wasn't a blowout.
[quote]
On 2007-08-22 23:46, Big Jeff wrote:
As a fan, is it better if your team loses in the playoffs or if they make it to the super bowl and lose?

Personnally I would rather lose in the playoffs.

[/quote]

I agree. I would have rather had the Packers lose in the playoffs then have gone on to lose that Superbowl.
Vandy (and L-Moon);

As a Browns fan, I would take two weeks off work if the Browns ever made it to the Super Bowl. The three years they could have, Denver got absolutely drilled by the Giants, San Fran, and I believe Washington. It's been so long ago, I forget!

Although we did win the NFL Championship (the Super Bowl before it was called the Super Bowl) in 1964! Go Gary Collins! and Jim Brown, and Frank Ryan and Blanton Collier!
Okay...I just checked....

Super Bowl XXI- NY Giants 39 Denver 20
Super Bowl XXII- Washington 42 Denver 10
Super Bowl XXIV- San Francisco 55 Denver 10

Woo Hoo! I was right! Denver SUCKS!

Gee, I'm sitting here researching Super Bowls from the 1980's on a Friday evening? Where did it all go wrong for me?
Hey Mstick! I was wondering where you've been. What are the Browns gonna do this year? How is Joe Thomas looking? The guy was a total stud at UW, I think you got a good one there.
[quote]
On 2007-08-22 14:39, Al Angello wrote:
Vandy
It is good to know that you understand half the league is better than the Packers, and if they win 8 games it will be a great season.
[/quote]

Halfway point of the season is always a good time to go back and review the comments people make going into the season.

So where are we? Packers seven wins, one loss. Well on their way to a "great" season by Al's standards. Is half the league really better than the Packers? No, of course not. It was a silly comment in August. But now, in Nov, it looks absurd.

[quote]I'm an Eagles fan, and we look at football differently in Philadelphia. If the Eagles beat Dallas twice there will be dancing in the street in eastern Pennsylvania.[/quote]

Dallas and Philly finally had their first meeting yesterday. Result; Dallas DESTROYED Philly. Absolute blow out. I know Al wasn't expecting or even had a hope that the Eagles were going to beat Dallas. Heck, the Packers beat Philly. It's no big deal. It will be interesting now to see if the [i]Eagles[/i] (three wins, dead last in their division) will win eight games.
Dallas beats Philly, match up with G.B. looking more and more interesting.
All is well.
Dallas scares me. But for now I'm enjoying the ride. Favre made another spectacular TD throw late in the game yesterday. I'll be at the Packer game Sunday against Minnesota. I'll admit I'm a bit nervous, that kid Peterson is on fire.
My girlfriend tells me I'm supposed to root for the Packers, and since they beat the Chiefs yesterday I guess KC is out.
Welcome to the winning team Josh.

Vandy, I wish I lived back there, my cousins are going to the panthers game. I saw that ticket prices have really gone up in the last few weeks. I will be watching every Sunday and wishing I was there.

Go Packers.
I'll always be a Buffalo fan at heart, though. It's just not the same without Jim Kelly or Marv Levy.
Ive been a Dallas fan since I was kid, I originally grew up just ouside of Dallas before moving to Canada. In Al's Defense not many teams like Dallas. People either love em or hate em, there is generally no in between with them. But Philly is probably the most hated team by Cowboys' fans. I remember one year during a playoff game, the city of Dallas took off philly cream cheese off the shelves of every store in the city until the game was over. That was pretty funny. And even though you may hate Dallas, you cannot deny they have some pretty kick'n Cheerleaders!

Josh I was at the Cowboys/Bills Game in Buffalo last month, and boy was that a rough ride. I almost didn't make it out of the stadium alive. Ive been to see Dallas play in a lot of cities, including Dallas, Indy, NY, Detroit, etc., and the fans at buffalo nearly killed me an my wife...seriously. Everytime Dallas scored the bills fans would throw beer on us, and there was a lot of fights in the stands, and pushing and shoving. My brother was ejected after getting in fight with a bills fan who shoved him and squirted mustard on us for no reason except the Boys made a good play(its a game for crying out loud). And then me and Lyndsy had to leave early as we were receiving death threats, and I was also on crutches, that was a little low. She was called some pretty nasty names by grown men as she passed through the halls to go get a dog, or go to the washroom, names I cannot bear to repeat. But not all of the fans were like that, we met some awesome bills fans tailgaiting, so it was only a few of them, and it was mostly because they were drunk I think and the fact the game was so hyped up being the first Monday Night game in Buffalo in 13 years. Anyway It was great game, but I think next time, I'll watch the bills/dallas play while sitting on my couch...lol.

Here some pics of the day at the game, Lyndsy is the one wearing the #9 ROMO jersey, and well you will be able to spot me with #21 and my crutches(lol), and the rest were friends we went with to the game.

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=24714&l=bf822&id=536860066

P.
Football games are just one of the times/places where grown men and women suddenly transform into fools and idiots.
I guess that's why the cut off selling the booze after the first 2 quaters of the game...lol, I couldn't imagine what would have happened if they kept serving during that game. Perhaps they should sell pot instead to mellow everyone out...lol. Either way I had a blast, and the foul experience late in the game won't stop me from travelling often to see the boys play in different cities. I'll just make sure next time my knee is healed and Im off the crutches...so I can defend myself or run if needed...lol. I did donate one of the crutches to a bills fan I figured his team would need it more than I...lol, just kidding...:)

P.
That's too bad. Come to Lambeau. I've seen a few scattered incidents over the last dozen or so years. But very few. The fans in GB are generally pretty good for a couple of reasons.

First, most people realize Lambeau is a mecca for football fans, like this guy who quit his job, sold his house in Australia, and moved his family to GB in order to watch every Packer game this year.
http://www.theonceinalifetimefan.com/index.php/siteNew/thestory/

So they are mindful of that and don't want to ruin other peoples experiences. If they are obnoxious fans of the opposing team they may get some grief. But they have to be real jerks. Or Bears fans.

More importantly, if you get in trouble for excessive drunkeness, being abusive or fighting, you can lose your seasons tickets. Every seat in Lambeau is a season ticket and they don't turn over very much. Last year 47 people got season tickets. And they had all been on the list since the 1970's. People aren't willing to risk their ticket by acting a fool, for the most part. Even if you give away or sell your tickets, and the person who uses them gets out of hand, they may well take your tickets from you.

I really haven't seen a beer dumping, or a serious fight, or over the top rude remarks in quite a while.
Yeah, like I said, I had been to a lot of different stadiums in hostile enviroments, but nothing was even remotely close to the Bills game. Im sure it was just isolated, and like I said most of the Bills fans were nice and lots of fun to party with and joke around with.

P.
I hear Eagles and Jets games are the worst for opposing fans.
Eagles for sure, hey they even boo-ed Santa and threw garbage and snow balls at him, now that's a rough crowd. Im smart enough not to attend a philly/boys game.

Greenbay sounds great for seeing a game even if you are cheering for an oposing team, I'll have to mark that stadium as must go to the next time I can when the boys are playing there.

P.
On a crisp, sunny, autumn Sunday afternoon. It's pretty close to heaven on earth.
The cowgirls play in Green Bay next season, no date yet.
Thanks for that Jeff, yeah the scheduels don't usually come out until summer. You spelt cowboys wrong though...:)

On a side note, as nice as it is to watch a game in nice weather, I also enjoy watching some ball in an open stadium when is pouring rain or snowing etc., that's football!

P.
Peter,

I was wrong the Packers host the NFC east division WINNER, no dates for the games yet just who they play and where. I hope it is the cowboys(girls) and I hope FARVE is still the QB.

What a game today 34-0!!!! THE PACKERS ARE BACK(8-1) AND WE BROUGHT A RUNNING GAME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Vandy and X-treme I want to go to a game with you guys because you ALWAYS pick games the PACKERS WIN.

GO PACKERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
[quote]
Vandy
[/quote]

This is a great thread. Go back and re-read it. Check out how Al jumped in talking smack. That's what makes it such a great thread.

"Great season" so far. Not sure what teams constitute the upper half of the league that is better than the Pack. I know one team for sure that wouldn't be in that upper half, by any standard. Since their record stinks and they lost to the Pack.
Im Irish and play Gaelic Football our national Sport here(actually I broke my leg two months ago playing a game and still in plaster...I feel your pain Peter!I like watching American Football.I love to go to a game sometime.For some reason I like the Eagles :) I just thought I'd post.

I have a question after College football and for the players who don't make it to the NFL is there a palce where they can play ball?Like for example can they play for a local team where players of all standard compete against each other and have a few beers after.Is there such a thing?

Peter
Yes, There are semi-pro teams. As well as arena football and other pro leagues in Canada and, I believe, in Europe. My boss played pro football in Europe years ago for the Birmingham Barons or some such. I think it was in that World League of American Football. But there are local/regional semi pro leagues that guys play in.
Thanks very much Randy!I always wondered if there were local teams and know I know :) Always thought that it be a shame if after college that would be it unless you made it big.Thanks for the info!

Peter
Pete,

I was looking for your website, one time, and typed in something like "Pete Carroll, Ireland" and found that. I had wondered if you were one and the same person.

multi-talented... nice!

Sean
[quote]
Vandy
[/quote]
What kind of season are the Packers having?
[quote]
On 2007-11-24 12:59, Big Jeff wrote:
What kind of season are the Packers having?
[/quote]

They are having an incredible season. They, like Dallas, are 10-1. If you like football, they are very fun to watch. Favre is playing out his mind. A classic season for a legend.

That being said, there is no way they can beat Dallas.
[quote]
On 2007-11-12 11:09, Peter Carroll wrote:

I have a question after College football and for the players who don't make it to the NFL is there a palce where they can play ball?Like for example can they play for a local team where players of all standard compete against each other and have a few beers after.Is there such a thing?

Peter
[/quote]

Some of them come over to the good old United Kingdom and play in the BAFL (British American Footbal League) - [url]www.bafl.org.uk [/url]

I play Defensive Line for the Chester Romans. Sadly, I support the Raiders and have done for 20 years.
[quote]
On 2007-11-12 11:09, Peter Carroll wrote:

Peter
[/quote]

Yeah there are other options in addition to what Salsa Dancer listed. The Arena Football league is a viable option for a lot of people. It's kind of like the minor leagues of the NFL. Kurt Warner, who won two super bowls, started his post-college career in the Arena Leagues.

Also, the Canadian Football League (CFL) is an option.

The problem with these options is they pay very little in comparison to the NFL.

Salsa, are you really on a team?
[quote]
On 2007-11-26 02:31, brainchild wrote:

Yeah there are other options in addition to what Salsa Dancer listed. The Arena Football league is a viable option for a lot of people. It's kind of like the minor leagues of the NFL. Kurt Warner, who won two super bowls, started his post-college career in the Arena Leagues.

Also, the Canadian Football League (CFL) is an option.

The problem with these options is they pay very little in comparison to the NFL.

Salsa, are you really on a team?
[/quote]

Yes I am. I started out as an Outside Linebacker and moved to the line as I got a little heavier. Had a poor season last year but the season before I won the 'Lineman of the Year' award. Sadly, the standard isn't the highest, probably lower college standard over there. I have played against an Ex-NFLe Tight End though and held my own.