(Close Window)
Topic: Larry Jennings' Close-Up Magic DVD, Part 1 & 2
Guess it was filmed when he was in France. Bet it rocks the house!!!
As far as I know this is two old videos that L&L now have put out together on one DVD.
I think you're right. If you love Larry, then these will be great!
I think Diffrently. I read what HP had for it and it seems like Tupac's 200th song. I hope I'm wrong and I'm going to buy it to see.
But I love Larry's stuff I have his Books and his "Thoughts on Cards" I loved those to death.
I hope that I will be wrong and they did this DVD justice.
I don't know it 4 in the morning here maybe I need a wallet.(for you Chris)
Paisa23, good comparison. Tupac is still releasing material!!

These were on PAL video years ago. It will be just great to see Larry healthy and enjoying life!!
Isn't the dvd's stuff only on the tricks in The Classic Magic of Larry Jennings?
Im not sure . I believe they already have a DVD with that title. I have the book though.
Hi gang,

Peo, you were close, but it is not put out by L & L. Stevens Magic originally imported the videos from Pierre Mayer in France several years ago. They had to stop importing one of them, because Jeff Busby, being his usual self was making litigenous noises. Stevens, along with Pierre have released the two original videos on one DVD. They are available at the link listed below.

Have a good one,

Bob Phillips

http://www.stevensmagic.com/shopping/shopexd.asp?id=7231
Is Jeff Busby even around anymore? He used to belong to the Café ( under a secret name ) and monitor things.
Hi MagicChris,

I don't know. A little over a year Busby sent out a couple lengthy, convoluted emails to several people (including a picture of himself on his "Hoverround"). For some odd reason, I seemed to be on his mailing list, because he sent me both of them. The "purpose" of the emails seemed to be to blast others.

Bob
These are not the Paris Super Sessions..right? I wish those would come out on DVD.
Mark
[quote]
On 2005-11-18 00:44, bobn3 wrote:
Hi MagicChris,

I don't know. A little over a year Busby sent out a couple lengthy, convoluted emails to several people (including a picture of himself on his "Hoverround"). For some odd reason, I seemed to be on his mailing list, because he sent me both of them. The "purpose" of the emails seemed to be to blast others.

Bob
[/quote]

I was on them also for some reason. They were weird e-mails.
Are you sure that this dvds is the exact copy of the 2 tapes by Mayer. here is the exact contents of the^previous tapes:
Larry Jennings Close Up Part 1 (video) (Mayer, early 1980s)
EZ Coins Across
Synchronicity
Maestro’s Poker Demonstration
Single Cup And Ball

Larry Jennings Close Up Part 2 (video) (Mayer, early 1980s)
Coin Cut
Prefiguration
3 Coins Thru Table
Impossible
The Chop Cup
Reverse Card In The Deck
Turn And Take Bottom
One Hand Bottom Palm

can you let me know if all the materials are on the new dvds ? (the chop cup,....)
No response
nobody bought it ?
No response
nobody bought it ?
Yes, Delta, you're right, but there's not the cho-cup routine, it's the single cup and balls routine. The tapes are originally filmed by Pierre Mayer, and is produced by Stevens Magic and the Academie de Magie of Georges Proust. This year with this tape and the book Up in smoke, the admirers of Mr. jennings we are very happy¡¡¡
Regards.
Thanks Abiloko
if I understand correctly these are not the exact tapes from Pierre Mayer.
regards
Delta, the only trick that seems to be missing is The Chop Cup but there may be confusion on the title of the trick as Stevens Emp. list Single Cup and Balls in its place. Perhaps Stevens has made a mistake on the title of the trick. Perhaps!!!!!!
For my part I really would prefer to see LJ's Chop Cup.

Yves
Yves I don't think so, it seems that the chop cup routine is missing where as it seems to be on Mayer tapes as you can check it on http://www.larryjennings.com/
Regards
For info, Larry's Chop Cup routine is on the "Private Lesson" DVD.
Message: Posted by: Andy the cardician (May 29, 2007 11:01PM)
Anyone with a review regarding the quality of the DVD? Thanks
Larry Jennings' Close Up is recorded on a DVD-R, I was not happy with the quality of the disc. The picture quality is not good but not bad either as it is actually a reproduction of video tapes version. I am really happy with the content material, it is a classic. It is a shame that it is not being reproduced with a better disc quality. Btw I got to send the DVD back to the store twice because of it.

Jeff
Message: Posted by: Andy the cardician (May 30, 2007 02:51AM)
Thanks Jeff,

guess I have to stay away from for the time being . . .

Andy
A-1 is the company that orignally put out The Classic Magic Of Larry Jennings video.