(Close Window)
Topic: Hello folks
My name's matt. I'm not a magician but I'm very interested in magic. My problem is that I don't know where to start. I had a buddy who could do some tricks that were pretty neat but he wouldn't tell me how unless I figured one out. I did but then he left to go work at disney world so now I'm stuck again.

Then again, I could just search google for magic tricks but that's no fun at all.

hello to everyone,

matt
Hi: welcome to magic Café.What do you want to learn,card trick or coins?
Welcome Matt! What kind of tricks do you like to watch?
HI Matt,

Welcome to the Café. I think you came to the right place, plenty of good advice here! The biggest problem is figuring out what to read.

Dave
Hi Matt,

The best place to start off is the New to Magic forum. There you'll find invaluable advice on what books to purchase depending on where your interest in magic lies. Don't hesitate to ask a question or join in the conversations as it's a friendly place. Welcome!
Welcome to the Café!
Wow, got busy for a bit. What I want to learn is any tricks that make use of my fingers. Nothing big, just small things. More on the lines of hobby than going professional.

I've been reading around in here and there are quite a few good suggestions as to dvd's, etc which I might just go ahead and grab some of but I'll have to wait until next semester as I'll be in COOP and actually have some money to spend.

Anyone know of a good store in the Ottawa, Ontario, Canada area?
Hi Matt,
No matter what your skill level or your interest in magic, there is something for everyone here at the Café. Welcome to the best place about magic ever.You will find this as a invaluable source that you can not buy even with money. The people are so friendly as well as being helpful.The Café is such a the unique place for Magic. It is ever expanding and has over 22.000 members throughout the world. It will make a great contribution to your magic perspective. Do not forget to post often. You will find many new friends and many new ideas here. I predict you will like the Café.Please grab a chair and begin to type your next post while you have a cup of strong Turkish coffee on my bill.
[img]http://themagiccafe.com/forums/images/smiles/turkishcoffee.gif[/img]