(Close Window)
Topic: Multiplying Billiard Balls + Cups and Balls?
Has anyone ever seen or performed a routine that combines multiplying billiard ball gimmick(s) with a cups and balls routine? It would not be angle proof, and would require a few feet of distance from spectators, but it seems like you could do an amazing routine, once the details were worked out. One possible effect: Hold a ball to the side of a cup, and appear to extract the ball through the sidewall of the cup using the sh***. You could also attempt to push a ball through the top of a cup, and have it appear that it only made it 1/2 way (using the sh***) through the cup.
I'm guessing you would need 1 or 2 sh***s and maybe 1" diameter balls (sponge balls?). The gimmicks would have to fit well since audience is only a few feet away.

Anyone ever tried this? Is it even possible to pull this off?
It sounds possible. If you have all the necessary props, try it and let us know!
My routine uses Fakini balls. I don't do a shell routine with the cup and ball routine, but merely have a set of 2inch for final loads; and use the small half inch ones as the regular balls. Works out nicely with the Johnson Cups and all.

best regards,
Matt Tomasko
Sd:
Check out the Finn Jon chop cup routine in Minch's book, Spectacle.
David
Thanks Dave, Matt and David... Good suggestions. Much appreciated. I'll get busy creating a routine!

SD
Also, Morrissey Magic manufactures crocheted multiplying balls that are just a hair under 1 3/4". They have an excellent matching shell and look nice. They will work for final loads also for a cups & balls routine.

FC