(Close Window)
Topic: New $150 Animatronic Chimp @ Sharper Image
Check this out: http://www.sharperimage.com/us/en/catalog/productview/sku__WW258/hppos__4

Hit the VIDEO button (lower left) to see the animated chimp. Question: Where can I buy a good animatronic vent doll? Do they exist?
Wow, that is very cool indeed. I know of one very well known Ventriloquist who has an animated vent doll but he made it himself.
For $150 that's very sophisticated. A lot more than Tipper the Monkey for $200.
Check out this website for animatronic dummy kits:
http://www.bpesolutions.com/index.html

Oliver
Besides being a ventriloquist - I also work in the film and TV special Effects biz. I build all of my own puppets so I have the capability to add whatever remote control or programmed movemtns required for my characters.
Your best bet to get an animatronic puppet is to look around for amateur (or professional if you can afford it) Special Effects artists. There are a lot of hobbyists out there that could put something pretty sweet together.
Good Luck.
I got the flyer in the mail. Please note it's just a BUST of a monkey, not an entire puppet or even a puppet torso.
I see entertainment possibilites with this thing...so much that I actually purchased one. I'll give a review when it arrives.
Could be a good 'Lie Detector' routine...or, it just sits there and does nothing for most of the show...but when you turn your back...it goes off and you blame one of ther kids...fun kid show gag.
I think this is a great prop for Bartending Magicians.... Just sits at the end of the bar (maybe on a rotating lazy susan thing) until needed to "assist" with a card trick, mindreading, etc.

It would be better if it were Programmable using a PC. Stack the movements/noises as needed for your routine... any hackers out there that know how to interface to a PC?

ANY MORE IDEAS? KEEP EM COMIN'.
I just got back from playing with one - I was not as impressed with it in person as I was with the promo. The remote is hugh (radio control car size) - no way to hide the fact you are pressing the buttons to make it work. It says you can be up to 30 feet away. I don't believe that at all. Maybe 10 to 12 feet. Which would mean you are in sight. Second now that I have seen it in person - I would NOT use it for a kids show. Yes it looks real but it also would scare the kids when it comes alive as they say. I gave it a pretty good work over, because I wanted it to work really bad for my kids magic show. Without an assistant in the room or within eye sight I believe it is a bust. Now maybe if you took the time to program the responses as the instruction says you could make it work for you. I was also not impressed with how it failed to perform when sent a signal. I don't know if it was the setting / store/ or weak batteries but it did NOT always respond. This could be a big issue at the wrong time. Great idea / very expensive and I wanted it to be everything it said it was. Sorry