(Close Window)
Topic: SBL Cups from RNT2
Curious about the SBL Cups that RNT2 is coming out with.

What does "SBL" stand for?

I emailed RNT2 but have not received an answer. Part of me thinks once I learn the answer I will kick myself, but....
It's a puzzle, that's for sure. The cups look rather odd. The chop cups resemble the Mike Brazill design for the Don Alan Chop Cup, but the street cups look more like Keith Bennett cups.

"Saint Blouis Lose?" Rings and things started in Saint Louis or thereabouts.

"Steve Bender Line?" RNT 2 recently signed on with Ickle Pickle.

"Steve Bender Light?"

I'm sure we will all be enlighteneded one day soon.
[quote]
On 2005-12-15 04:31, John Cass wrote:
...the street cups look more like Keith Bennett cups.
[/quote]

Also similar in style to the Gazzo/Animal cups.
Mark,
sorry we did not recieve your emails, we're checking our email servers to see if there is a problem since you indicated you sent more than one email.

John, the gaff in the cups are not like the traditional chop cups and not of a Mike Brazill design. None of your guesses are correct, not even the street cups.

taliesin, not really when you hold these workhorses. They're bigger than the Gazzo cups, heavier and of a different design.

As to SBL, well that will be released sometime in 2006 and will have a full explanation of the initials. :)

Happy and healthy holidays to everyone!

Jake
[quote]
On 2005-12-15 11:31, Mad Jake wrote:
As to SBL, well that will be released sometime in 2006 and will have a full explanation of the initials. :)
[/quote]

Ah, good. I was afraid I was missing the obvious!
Chessman, as promised an explanation of the SBL mystery. Years ago when I had a shop in New Orleans I used to make contributions to local churches, tiding it's called. Different donations to charitable local organisations etc. Well, when you find out how much of your donations actually are used for what you are told, it's sickening.

We are giving back to our local community to those who may need it or are deserving of it and play an active part of helping the community. Once a year we will select an individual who will go unamed until the line is produced in full, the profits from all sales go into a Trust Account for that individual. When the individual reaches 18 the account is turned over to them. The accounts are handled by our attorneys and stict book keeping is kept as well. In addition, they will continue to recieve monies in royalty form if the line is in continued production after the chosen recipitants 18th birthday. The next line will be the M.L. line in 2007.

Despite the public scrutiny and bashing we have recieved recently on another forum. We are anything but selfserving or unethical. We are currently in the process of moving the showroom to my home of New Orleans and selling off much of the in-store demo equipment that was used in the showroom here. Despite what people feel, we sell off used demo equipment on ebay because it's easier that way and the money from the sale is donated to the Children of the Kings Daughters children hospital in Norfolk, VA and always has been from our other ebay sales. To date RNT II Magic and Quick Stop Engraving has donated over 5200.00 in sales to the hospital in the last year.

Best Wishes,
Jake
Very impressive, Jake....what a terrific idea. The generosity of people like you and others in magic who quietly go about for years doing good is amazing. Best of luck as you continue your excellent work.....

Flimnar
And so SBL represents the initials of the chosen person whose name will be revealed when the cup line is produced in full?
I tip my hat to you Jake! It's nice to see the business community giving back to those who are less fortunate.
Giving back to the community is a very important part of business. Unfortunately a lot of the "charitable" donations are thinned out by greedy little hands that feel they are entitled to part of the contribution. We all know it's a fact of life, but as a business do we have to put up with it? NO! There are numerous ways to give back to your community and still make sure the donations are used in a positive aspect.

My daughter scouted this particular recipitant. They are a very exceptional person whose interests are more that of the community and others. It is most refreshing to see the younger generation is still capable to determine that what they do in life will affect others and when they help others help will come to them when they need it. It's not an issue of less fortunate, but being rewarded for is right in life. This particular person has hopes and dreams of being able to go to college, we're certainly hoping this will help with some of their tuition.

As time progress' and we start the fill the line and make announcements more information will become available :)

Cheers
Jake
Great idea. Blessings Jake.