(Close Window)
Topic: Banner Advertisements
Hello

Untill today I was using Norton Anti Virus and Firewall (Symantec) software. I have seen the 'please visit our advertisers' but I have never seen any advertising on the site!

However having ditched Norton and changed my AV software, now I have logged into the site and there are the advertising banners. Norton was obviously stopping me see them.

I felt that you should know that I was having this problem as it may be that many other users with Norton AV software are missing out on the ads.

Keith Hart
Keith, all you have to do is reset your security settings on Norton, and allow cookies from the Café. It's a trial and error process until you get the correct combination. I have the same Norton and AV sorftware and don't have any problems with it. At least not in this situation.
Yeah, we knew about that. Norton was simply doing exactly what it was designed to do. It wasn't their firewall or AV, but rather another program included in their "internet security" suite that was blocking the banners. I can't remember off-hand what it was called, but it was discussed before in the Tech Help forum.
Hello

I had reset Norton after reading the discussion on the technical forum so that I could see the little coffee cups etc., but it still did not show the banners.

I do a lot of graphics work on my computer and Norton kept poping up and scanning things and slowing the system down so today (just before I was due to resubscribe) I dumped Norton and went with a different AV. Since then my computer has speeded up and the graphics work is so much easier.

My concern over this has been that I have been considering advertising on 'The Magic Café', but did not want to do so if the banner may not be visible to a large percentage of the users.

Keith Hart
Keith, I believe most users can view the banners. We haven't had complaints in this regard so I would say you would be safe in advertising.