(Close Window)
Topic: Zombie ball light
I have two zombie balls, but one is broken and the other is heavy and the two gimmicks don't work well...
I want buy a new zombie ball; which is lighter?
And if I want to build a zombie ball or the gimmick does someone have any ideas?
Thanks...
What are the brands you have?
Morissey and the other is a cheap brand...
Go with the quality. Stay with Morissey.
You can do what Timothy Drake did and modify a Don Wayne floating Ball as a Zombie. The ball is huge but extremely light. The only problem is the new DW balls are about $90.

Kent
What is the environment required to perform with DW's ball (in the one person routine)?
[quote]
On 2006-02-05 22:55, STANGMMX wrote:
What is the environment required to perform with DW's ball (in the one person routine)?
[/quote]

Stage with wings. You also can use the Floating Light Bulb hook up by Burling Hull. It is still a platform trick.
[quote]
On 2006-01-24 19:29, RobertoM wrote:
I want buy a new zombie ball; which is lighter?
And if I want to build a zombie ball or the gimmick does someone have any ideas?
Thanks...
[/quote]

You can make your own Zombie ball. I always look for those big Christmas balls made of plastic. They are quite light and tough. Unfortunately, I only see them available during the Christmas season. They are avialable in different sizes. The gimmick can be made using a good steel spring hanger.
Finn Jon's booklet suggests using a silver balloon. That should be light enough.
I would hold out for a newer version of this effect that has yet to be sold. But if you have to do it, Morrisey makes 2 nice balls, Vernet has a nice ball.

Lou Hilario, has a good idea. You can try balloons, styrofoam balls, but my personal opinion dictates that you find a ball that fits your persona, color scheme, and all of the other things that make you different from everyone else. Pick a ball!

Let's not forget Astro Sphere. It is pretty sweet under the correct circumstances.
I tried combining with the following and was surprised at the response from the audiences.

Regular Zombie + Perpetual Zombie Ball + Astro Sphere + Multiplying Zombie Ball + Fountain of Silks (36 inches) with a Giant Ball Production Finale.

Food for thought.
I have a new Zombie that's due to be released soon. It looks like other Zombies but it combines a the regular-style Zombie (with new modifications), along with Astro Sphere, and a touch of dancing cane.
Sounds cool! What's its pricing and when's it going to be released and what's it going to be called??
Kinetic Sphere is the name of this new zombie-style ball. It does not have a hole in it as it is magnetic. There is a reel built inside of the ball and the gimmick is approximately 7 inches long (retractable). Pricing, not real sure yet. I'm still waiting on quotes on the ball itself.
Update! I finally have the ball problem all worked out and will release this effect very soon. I have to tell you that Kinetic Sphere combines the best of all worlds... Zombie... Astrosphere... Dancing Cane. I can't wait for all of my friends here at the Café and elsewhere to see this little beauty!
I found a really cheap one! I just bought the gimmick as I knew it would take me awhile (I have a defect in my fingers) and then just used a styrophom ball! I am still practicing and awaiting the day when my fingers get bigger and stronger THEN I'm going to buy the actual thing.
Magical Odyssey,
Are you having any problems with the styrofoam ball? Maybe, you might think of using the thumb instead of your finger! I hope that helps, because there is no need for you to wait. Maybe even use the gimmick on the opposite hand.
James,
I have to compliment you on your routining style that you display in just about every quote I have come upon by you! I wish more magicians thought like you do!
[quote]
On 2006-02-09 10:14, JamesTong wrote:
I tried combining with the following and was surprised at the response from the audiences.

Regular Zombie + Perpetual Zombie Ball + Astro Sphere + Multiplying Zombie Ball + Fountain Silks (36 inches) with a Giant Ball Production Finale.

Food for thought.
[/quote]
Hey Dave, let me know when it's out.

Later, Anton
Check my site. You can find out more about it now!
I have been working on the Kinetic Sphere for some time now and have had several emails asking me to explain in more detail the working of Kinetic Sphere. The Kinetic Sphere has a reel built inside it in such a way that the string is constantly available on the outside of the ball. Not only is it available, but the thread has the right tension on the reel so the string goes in and out of the ball. Kind of like a yo-yo. This allows for many hand movements, floating in mid-air, the ball can visibly float anywhere that can be imagined either with or with out the cloth. It may also be handled like a Dancing Cane for moves around the body/head and not to mention, stopping in full motion with the ball hung in space.

Now for the other part of the ball, it has a magnet inside so that you can use a retractable Zombie gimmick with a magnet on the end! This will allow you to do the traditional Zombie moves, but with a twist. You will be able to detach the ball and use the dancing or kinetic part of the ball, and then later reattach the Zombie Gimmick! There has never been a more desirable effect in all of magic. I think with a little thought most will see how this little baby just might be one of the most powerful floating ball tricks to date. Let me know what you think! Not to worry! I have counsel!
Hi Dave.

That does sound good. I hope I can get up there and check it out someday. How long before it is available and can you give us an estimate on the pricing yet?

Regan
Regan,
I will probably offer the Zombie Gimmick Separately...The Kinetic/Dancing Sphere is solid enough to stand on it's own... As to pricing, it probably isn't appropriate for me to talk about that on this forum...visit my site! Remember, this is just introductory, as I will be lowering the price on the Kinetic Sphere (without Zombie Gimmick).

If you like my cane then you will love my new Kinetic Sphere!
Dmann- what's the link to your site? I might be interested in a new gimmick- my old zombie ball is heavy enough to sprain my finger when I use it.
The Link to my site is: http://www.precisionmagic.com
I had heard via Jeff McBride's Magic on Stage videos that a newer gimmick was produced to stop it from flashing over the silk...if anyone knows what I am talking about and where I could find that one...I would appreciate it.
[quote]
On 2006-03-08 21:45, Dmann wrote:
Regan,
I will probably offer the Zombie Gimmick Separately...The Kinetic/Dancing Sphere is solid enough to stand on it's own... As to pricing, it probably isn't appropriate for me to talk about that on this forum...visit my site! Remember, this is just introductory, as I will be lowering the price on the Kinetic Sphere (without Zombie Gimmick).

If you like my cane then you will love my new Kinetic Sphere!
[/quote]

Thanks Dave.

I'll check it out. Hope to see you at your shop this summer.

Regan
I will be there a lot this year. You will love Kinetic Sphere!
[quote]
On 2006-03-09 00:20, Paulie wrote:
I had heard via Jeff McBride's Magic on Stage videos that a newer gimmick was produced to stop it from flashing over the silk...if anyone knows what I am talking about and where I could find that one...I would appreciate it.
[/quote]

Get Al Schneider's DVD.
I was wondering if magicians would accept a different color ball than the standard silver and gold? By the way, Al's book is great... I haven't seen the DVD.
I sent Al a Kinetic Sphere!
Will the Kinetic Sphere work as a close-up magic effect?

Benjamin Corey
How visible is the thread on the Kinetic Sphere? Does it need backlights or a backdrop to hide it?
Rob Pond
I saw the video. It looks very nice. However, my question also is, since all the magicians demo-ing the Kinetic Sphere are in black, the background is black....what happens when I'm under the flourescent lights of a school gym or library? Don't get me wrong, it looks BEAUTIFUL, and as a Zombie lover myself I'm very excited about this new effect. So does it need blacklights or a backdrop?
Chris
There is an entire 8 page thread dedicated to this effect on the Café: Follow this link! http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?topic=152539&forum=37&231