(Close Window)
Topic: Bazar de Magia or Morrissey Cups and balls
I have been looking at both sets of cups. I need a starter set of cups and I can afford both the Bazar de Magia cups and the Morrissey cups. I was wondering which cups are the better cups and how they satck up in quality, weight, etc. Also what type of cup should I get Brass, Copper, or Aluminum. As you can probably tell I am new to cups and balls and this will be my first real set of cups.
I have a set of each, I don't claim to be a expert but from my experiance and advice I got from others on the Café the Bazars win. The Morrisey cups don't have a big enough dimple to hold the balls a short coming pointed out by others on the forum. If you get the Combo Morrisey the gimmick cup stands out. At least the version I have which were the tall copper cups. The Morrisey cups have a slightly nicer finish. The Bazar set I have is the brass standard (not chop) set. While the finish isn't as nice as the Morrisey I consider it a advantage since they beg to be used and could be polished if wanted. For my money the copper or brass look much better. I have a aluminum set from another maker and its not a fair comparison but they aren't as heavy and lack the feel of the heavier cups. You will probably get more qualified opinions from others but perhaps my 2 cents is of some value.
Have to agree with Doublelift, DeMagia in the way to go. Morrissey used to manufacture some nice cups, but their design change has definately failed them in their recent changes, this even affected the gaff in thier combo sets. Ickle Pickle also has some good cups, both straight and combo, despite them being only in aluminum, they do use 050 gauge for their cups.

Jake
[url=http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?topic=149229&forum=115&9]Here's[/url] a thread of a similar topic.
Once again I vote for the Bazar cups because of the better design. If you stick with a straight (non-combo) set you won't be disappointed. See http://themagicwarehouse.com/closeup4.html#MB1215.

Depending on your budget, even the aluminum cups are OK, but for about $10-15 more, you can get copper or brass (my personal choice). You might also consider ordering a spare set of 1" crocheted balls at the same time (ironically, here the Morrissey brand is better than the Bazar/Uday/Indian stuff). And if you have small hands, you could also get a 3/4" set of balls -- the 1" ones that come with the Bazar cups may be a little too big for you. SETHB
I was thinking about maybe getting a combo set just in case I wanted to incorporate a chop cup into my routine or maybe even do a separate chop cup routine at another time. What do you guys think, Regular cups or Combo set
I was thinking about maybe getting a combo set just in case I wanted to incorporate a chop cup into my routine or maybe even do a separate chop cup routine at another time. What do you guys think, Regular cups or Combo set
I love a Chop Cup! I guess the real question may be do you want it to look like another effect (Cups and balls) or stand alone and be a different cup. I have several including the Morrissey Combo set in copper. The one I use is a Morrissey Mini Chop Cup. Why? It fits in my pocket, it travels light and plays big as the over used saying goes. Its flat on top but on a Chop Cup that's a plus since it looks "normal". No need to set a ball on top anyway. My best answer would be if you get a set that looks the same (gaff doesn't show) why not. Even if you don't use it as a Chop Cup there isn't any harm in having it. The purists don't see the need and perhaps that is true but if there is no harm to performance or inspection you have the option. Do you want a different Cup for Chop Cup?
I was thinking about getting the combo set so the Chop Cup would llok like the cups, but if you could reccomend a chop cup then great!
I was thinking about getting the combo set so the Chop Cup would llok like the cups, but if you could reccomend a chop cup then great!
The chop feature on The Bazar cup is not spun in. It is added, and shows badly. Stick with the regular set. The Bazars have a better weight than Morrissey, and actually have a depression in the top to keep a ball from rolling off.
Would you reccommend the cups in Copper or Brass
Personally, the only time I don't buy copper is when they do not come that way. Brass rings better, but I love the look of a well used cup.