(Close Window)
Topic: Close-up Mat with secret compartments
I'm looking for a Close-up Mat with secret compartments on the bottom that will allow me to steal half dollars and a jumbo coin. Can anyone recommend a source?

Terry
The Dean Dill mat is the one. Pretty spendy, but the folks that have 'em say it can make the average guy look like a top pro.
Don't know if you are familiar with Ed Marlo's Card Shelf. It was featured in an Old "New Tops" from the 70's.
It shows it made of card stock, but is great also made of black muslin.
It can be attached to the underside of your close-up mat. When the mat is spread it hangs beautifully over your edge of the table. It is great for switching cards, coins, etc. You can also use it for "lapping" without the worry of dropping.
Sorry I can't remember the issue, but if you can find any of the New Tops on e-bay or wherever, Marlo ran a monthly column, as did Nick Trost, and it was loaded with great stuff. :bikes:
Keith Lack puts out a close up table that might be exactly what you are looking for. Check out the site: http://www.arlenstudio.com/.

The quality of his merchandise is impeccable and comes with a money-back guarantee!
:nose:
I agree with John; the quality of Keith Lack's items is just superb. While I am not lucky enough to own his table yet, I have seen one over my friend's house and it is excellent.
You might like a table better because the mat is a bit thin to be hiding stuff in with out a big hump in the middle.
Just wondering, I saw a close-up mat (was more like a board, was thick) that had a magnet that moved from left to right, so you could move items under a cloth or steal coins ect....

I was thinking about using this with shimmed cards, does anyone know where to find it?

It was normal card mat top, with metal corners and seemed about 1 in thick, also had spots for hiding things

Sorry, I posted that before I saw that Keith Lacks table was in fact the one that I saw before and wanted. :)

Sorry!!! :dancing: :clownonball:
I second the suggestion to check out Dean Dills close up mats. I saw him demonstrate them A Day Of Magic a couple of years ago and they are first rate. Go for the best and you wont be disappointed.
I second the Dean Dill mat. Very useful and well made.