(Close Window)
Topic: Pignose Lil PA
Does anybody use this? I'm looking for something that will cover crowds of 75 people and under. Thanks.
I tend to limit my Pignose to about 30-40, as much more coverage than that and I find it starts to drift and distort a little. The venue will also have something to do wtih how the sound handles, closed, indoors or outside and open. Lots of extra noise, or just a small theater/coffee house size.
k
I bought this just after Christmas and have been lukewarm about it's ability. I had to return the first one I received because of a manufacturing problem. When I received a replacement, I plugged my Vitual Soundman into the 1/4 input because I didn't really need a microphone for the size of the crowd I was working. Last weekend, I plugged the VSM into the 1/8 input so I could plug a mic into the 1/4 input and the volume of the VSM was significantly reduced. I expected a slight decrease in volume from the 1/8 input, but I'm now thinking I'll only be able to use this when I need music amplified, not both music and my voice. The volume control affects both inputs, so in order to hear the music, the mic would be way too hot.

Ken
I recently purchased the Pyle Pro PWMA 120. Up to 150 watts(has treble and bass controls and sounds great).Has a built in removable and rechargeable battery. Also a built in cassette player. It came with 3 wireless mics(handheld, headset, lapel).Has jacks for other audio, wired mic, extra speaker, and earphone. Comes with a die-cut carry case with shoulder strap. Unit weighs only 12 lbs and is fully operational while in the case. I am totally pleased with this system for my needs. It also fits into my Lefler Suitcase Table! And the price is right!Best.

Under $200.00. I did a lot of research before I bought this. In order to get all that this unit has, I would have to spend $400.- $600.
Check out my review of the Fender Passport P-10W at The LIVE! Wire.

http://robert.thedean.net/posts/sound-for-the-street

That's a great little system that should easily cover the number of people you're talking about. It's WAY easy to transport.

If that's too small, you might also want to look at the Passport P80.

Good luck!

Robert Bloor
I'm with Paleomagi, I purchased the Pyle Pro PWMA 120. I am very impressed with it. I just have not had a large enough show to really try mine out.
Hi Dan:I have used my Pyle Pro PWMA 120 For groups of 20 to over 100 so far.It has just been a dream.

Not that I will do a show for several hundred soon,I do think that this baby will be able to handle that and more.

This week I am going to work on creating a Music/Tim Hannig announcement tape.It is just so convenient having a built in cassette player.BIG FUN.

The sound is so good on this system,it gives a professional result no matter the size of the audience.I also think it will be GREAT outdoor's this coming season.

Please keep us posted on your results.All the best.

Rich
Crate makes a "Taxi" line of portable, battery powered amplifiers that may work for you. Several street performers here in Minneapolis use them on the streets downtown. If they can be heard over buses, trains, etc...