(Close Window)
Topic: Ice From Water by Andrew Gerard
Anyone have seen Ice From Water by Andrew Gerard , is it only good for TV show. Please help. I am so interested on this one.
I saw this trick at Cyril's season 2 and 3 DVD. Best used in bar situations. But I thought Cyril actually produce crushed ice instead of cube ice.
Andrew was kind enough to send me a copy of this for review, along with 'Key Accessory', which I reviewed elsewhere in the forum.

Down to the matter at hand, 'Ice from Water'. This is a very difficult effect to review, because it is so very simple, and the method is so close to the effect.

Basically, the ad reads true. You reach into a glass of water with empty hands, and produce an ice cube, then another, then several. So the effect is accurate, but what about the method, and the practicality of said method?

The principle at work here is not new, I have seen it before, just never in a magic effect. In fact was trying to accomplish the same effect via the same method, but I couldn't get it to work. Andrew did.

There is some preparation, and this preparation takes some time. Because of this, don't expect to be doing this 'street' style without some deep thought and preparation. However, for a more formal show this is great. I, in fact, have already determined how to do this at one of my favorite restaraunts for friends and clients that I entertain there.

The illusion is remarkable. You reach in to an obviously empty glass of water, with and obviously empty hand, and produce ice. It is stunning, and you WILL fool yourself with this one. In fact, I can see many of you doing this exclusively for your own amusement for the first few days you have it. I know I did.

Like all of Andrews other stuff, this one is a real worker. This is the real thing. No fluff filler or pipe dreams here. The routine has been fleshed out through 1000's of real life performances, and the polish shines throughout.

I can't reccommend this highly enough. Even if it won't suit your performing venue, it is worth owning to do when the oppurtunity arises. Entertaining guests at home, or meeting with an important client to really seal that gig.

I don't use the term 'reputation maker' often, but Ice from Water is surely worthy of that title.

Sean
Sean,

Can it be done close-up with a clear glass of water or does it have to be done with a bowl of water?

Without touching upon the methodology, can the preparation be done within a fairly short period of time before the actual presentation and is the necessary preparation within the reach of most, if not all, types of performers and levels of expertize?

Thank you very much.

Michael

Posted: Feb 23, 2006 5:40pm
------------------------------------------
Sean,

Again without disclosing the methodology, is the preparation practical for restaurant work and other informal venues?

Thank you again.

Best regards,

Michael
Michael,

The preparation will take some time; a couple of hours, but you are then set to perform indefinitely.

The preparation is brain dead simple. You really needn't do anything. There isn't much more I can say without tipping the method, but the preparation is easy.

The effect can certainly be done in a clear glass of water; that is the preferred approach.

With some forethought, the effect can be done in an informal venue, such as a restaraunt, but I must stress that it will require some advanced work, aside from the actual preparation for the effect.

Sean
Sean,

Thank you very much for your comments. They were very helpful.

Michael
I am wondering if audience can see the glass around or they have to watch only the front.M****r glass is what passed from my mind at first...Also what if a spectator reach his hand into the glass...can he find an ice cube as well?...and finally are these real ice cubes or gimmicked ones???
Are the ice cubes real ice cubes
or this is all just like snow powder?
http://www.penguinmagic.com/product.php?ID=501
Ice cubes are produced from the water, not snow.

Michael
I know snow and ice are different.
I am talking about the method and effect.
I can see how I can perform snow from water with the stuff from link I posted,
and that stuff costs small fraction of the ice cube effect.
I am not sure if ice cube production is more shocking than snow.

Wish we could see some cool demo.
For $99 it'd better be more than a glorified TT and/or snow powder. Obviously, it must be since it takes "hours of prep" and Sean mentioned it was a method that he had tried but failed with. This sounds more intensive than the snow powder bit.
Also, the ad copy states there is no special glass.

This effect is peaking my interest!
I just wonder if it would yield the right reactions. havent really put too much thought into this but it really seems like its a stand alone effect. I would like to see someone do it.

MIKE
Hello,
could I do this in an 45 minutes stage show as a "running gag"?
Thanks,
Fabius
I am wondering if this is the same trick that Mac King showed the audience how to do on one of the Worlds Greatest Magic specials? I believe it is. Mac showed how it was done using a coffee cup and that something extra. It would play well for a kids show but not sure if it is powerfull enough to play for a stage show. That is probably why Mac exposed it on TV.

Snidini
I HIGHLY doubt this is the same exposed effect that Mac King performed on WGM. I suspect a huge difference in reaching into a clear glass of water with obviously empty hands and producing ice cubes versus pouring water into an opaque coffee mug and dumping out some ice cubes.
What Mac King exposed was an effect by Larry White. No permission was given to King, in fact, he never bothered to ask.

This effect reads entirely different.

Tony
The ice cubes are real or fake?
A post mentioned "scientific principals". That still leaves it wide open for me. I haven't a clue but I am very interested.
Im just going to use Mac Kings version,
Can someone give me a contact address,
Im going to give him $99.00
Hi guys, I will try to answer a few questions if I can.... Ice from Water is not a glorified th&%*b tip, that is not used.
This is not snow powder.
This is not slush powder at all.
No special glass is required.
This is not the effect Mac King did either.
This effect is as close to the real thing as I think you can get...
If you read the above reviews from Sean Feilds, Greg Arce and others you will see that they Kinda think the effect is well.....INCREDIBLE!
You will most likely see this effect peformed on t.v. as well.
The ice cubes produced are not square chunks of ice, but ice like you would get in any drink at a bar ect..
Not much time to post here at the moment, but thanks to all of you that have sent me emails about this and other new releases,I am overwhelmed by all your kind comments,Thank you.
In Thoughts to all of you
Andrew-Gerard
Hi,

Thanks for posting but it doesn't answer (perhaps it is because of my bad english)
Is it real ice or not?
Can you use this ice on a drink (and drink it) or not?

Elie
Well, I took the icy plunge (whew, that's bad) and ordered one. Will let ya'll know....
I am intrigued (and almost sold)!

I am doing a series of restaurants shows next month, and I realize this maybe a bit difficult to do that venue (but possible). However, I was wondering if anyone knows if this is something that will "run out" and will have to be refilled.

If not I am sold!

Sean
I am doing restaurant too and would like to find out how good it fits into restaurant strolling condition?!

MagoStevo
...should have my copy early next week and will post a review (high level so I don't tip anything)
I should have "Ice from Water" by Saturday so I will post a review of Ice from Water and Exorcist Key over the weekend.
Message: Posted by: Hengky Ciptanegara (Mar 6, 2006 09:08AM)
Anyone has got yet? Any helpful review?
I got mine this morning and I LOVE IT. This is better than it sounds. Once you make the intial prep work you are good to go. This is going into my outdoor shows this summer. Imagine a large clear bowl of water on a HOT day and you reach in and turn the water to handfuls of crushed ice. You will fool yourself with this one. No refills to buy either. Well worth the $100 to me. This is a keeper. Wish I had thought of it. Recommended.
Ice from Water gets MY vote for Trick of the Year so far.....
How bout a review Slydini?
Is it real ice or not?
A review of Ice from Water is coming soon. Just been extremely busy at work so a review should be posted by later today
Just played with this tonight, and this effect is both literally and figuratively COOL! For those who have it, you'll appreciate how I just spent an hour pulling the ice out of the water and putting it back in...love it when an effect even fools the one who is doing it!

I'm not one to write long reviews, but will say that if you purchase this you'll have no regrets.

(won't respond to the detailed questions above for fear of tipping the approach, but will confirm that you can hand out real ice after pulling some from the water...)

I'll start the voting now...between this and his key bending effect (which I also picked up) I think Andrew is an early shoe in for "creator" of the year!
Wow, any other reviews out there?
Very good effect my friend, one of your best
All of Gerard's effects are just mind blowing!! Thaks Gerard for releasing these gems! I'm looking forward to more of them soon.
Ughh...i'm gonna have to save some money up now...and purchase this.
Mine arrived yesterday.I haven't had time to do the necessary prep work on this so I can't say much about it. I was a bit shocked at how small and lightweight my package was when it arrived. I believe the whole thing could have been sent out in a standard envelope instead of the box it arrived in! But, the photo in the instructions looks very cool indeed. IF it's as good as illustrated, I'll say it was a $100 well spent. The lack of refills issue is another big plus.

I think most people will, however, be a bit taken aback by the packaging. I realize this has nothing to do with the power of the effect if it all works as well as it apparently does. (Size apparently doesn't matter with this one!) But I believe a lot of people will be expecting more when it first arrives.

As soon as mine is ready I intend to spend some time "fooling myself" and post a "follow-up". I'll admit up front that I'm expecting it to be as perfect an illusion as promised...otherwise, I'd have to question the price tag.
Slydini 62,

Not all of his effects are mind blowing, just this one.
[quote]
On 2006-03-10 09:45, Joe Russell wrote:
Slydini 62,

Not all of his effects are mind blowing, just this one.
[/quote]

Joe,
Respectfully you are wrong. I just purchased Key accessory and it is excellent.
Absolutely worth the price. Start clean, finish clean with a very smooth almost calm pacing to the effect.

I am going to get Exorcist key and Ice from water after using Key accessory.

I have no affiliation with Andrew Gerard, I never even heard his name until this item came out.
James
Joe

If you asked any of my paying customers, they would say Exorcist Key would be the one that really freaked them out. Exorcist key is the one that got the most buzz. I would say Ice from Water was a close second but I perform it differently than in the instructions. My version makes the spectator "touch" all the props and then Ice is produced from water.

Sly
Just got this,ice from water,incredible, so cool ( pun intended).
I have always wanted to do this effect so clean like this, it really freaks me out every time I produce the ice.This is like a miricle type effect from the bible or something.best trick of the year so far for me.
Very unlikely. That one just used a holdout, a good angle and misdirection. No gimmick, no preparation. Cyril's truly was impromptu (after he loaded up some ice in a hip hold-out. Remember it happened in his hand, nowhere near a glass or bottle.

[quote]
On 2006-02-23 16:05, wise owl wrote:
I saw this trick at Cyril's season 2 and 3 DVD. Best used in bar situations. But I thought Cyril actually produce crushed ice instead of cube ice.
[/quote]
I have to admit the illusion is truly freaky. Yes...I can now say "I fooled myself". I had fun raising and lowering the ice in the water bowl, watching it vanish before my eyes.

But, I'm not sure if this is for me. I'm just not certain I can get a routine out of this. The effect is fine, it is exactly as it reads and the ice looks like..well..ice. Large chunks as you might put in a cocktail (not crushed!). It's better than I thhought it would be but I think I'm gonna sell mine. PM me if you want it. I'll sell mine for $60.

Very cool and exactly as described but simply not something I can see performing.
Selling "cheap".
PM'ed you!

Sean
Where'd my last post go?

johnny
Disappeared just like the Ice does....
Are there any specific clothing requirements necessary to achieve this effect?
Special clothing ....NONE! this is soooo coool (pun intended) I do this all the time just to freak myself out.so far this one is my fav.I made a couple of routines up to do it in,wanna keep em to myself though..
That's good to hear. The weather is warming up here so I was hoping this could be done in short sleeves.
Magic711,

you do this all the time?

didn't this JUST come out? what, have you been doing it night and day since you got it? man, ain't there any women in your life? if so you better pay more attention to them instead of this kool trick!

Will this post get deleted? if so I'm sorry, verily....

johnny

Posted: Mar 13, 2006 1:04pm
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This trick really does sound interesting, just wish it wasa tad bit cheaper. The concept of turning water to ice in a magical way is just so appealing man!

johnny
We all wish it was a tad cheaper...but all in all...an awesome buy!
[quote]
On 2006-03-13 13:04, johnnymystic wrote:
This trick really does sound interesting, just wish it wasa tad bit cheaper. The concept of turning water to ice in a magical way is just so appealing man! :)

johnny
[/quote]

Hmmmmmmmmmm ;)
[quote]
On 2006-03-13 16:42, Slydini62 wrote:
We all wish it was a tad cheaper...but all in all...an awesome buy!
[/quote]

Not all of us. Why should it be cheaper?
Joshua

Pretty obvious here..

Why would you pay $100.00 when you could buy it for $60.00 in the buy/sell forum? No brainer here...

Magically,
Sly
I wish I had access to the buy/sell forum. I'm guessing you need 50+ posts in order to gain access?
[quote]
On 2006-03-13 17:52, sabitu wrote:
I wish I had access to the buy/sell forum. I'm guessing you need 50+ posts in order to gain access?
[/quote]

Correct
I'm sold, this effect sounds great. If anyone has one they would like to sell let me know.
I got mine. and like the other stuff from Gerard It, is soooo good.
Everything people wrote here and describe is true. - It is like real miracle
I recommend this effect for everyone how wants to do a real magic

Haim
Haim

Yes, all of Gerard's effects are absolute miracles. Only a true professional would know the power these very effects can have on layman. Unfortunely, a hobbyist will just throw these gems in a drawer looking for that new gimmicky trick.

Well said Haim! I agree with you 100%!!

Sly
I got this effect yesterday...the setup is very easy...and a lot of people are saying this ain't a street magic effect...that's one reason why I wasn't sure it was for me...however when I recieved it I was quite pleased that it fit's street style quite nicely.

The money I spent on this was alot... so I have a little bit mixed feelings about this.
Can this be done in an intimate/close up setting? How much preparation is needed?

:question:
Tdowell

Read the posts above. All your questions have been discussed.

Sly
Can this be done in an intimate/close up setting? How much preparation is needed?

[quote]
On 2006-03-16 16:35, tdowell wrote:

[/quote]
this can be done in an intimate close-up setting...it's meant for just that.

the preparation takes a darn long time...but you only have to be involved in that preperation for around 3-7 seconds.
Gives me the "chills" just thinking about this!
[quote]
On 2006-03-16 19:35, thePyramidWithin wrote:
[quote]
On 2006-03-16 16:35, tdowell wrote:

[/quote]
this can be done in an intimate close-up setting...it's meant for just that.

the preparation takes a darn long time...but you only have to be involved in that preperation for around 3-7 seconds.
[/quote]

Thanks Pyramid, this does sound cool.
Very Kool!
On a scale of 1 to 10 with 1 being the easist, how hard is this effect to perform?

Thanks,
Mike
[quote]
On 2006-03-17 01:53, Mr Mike wrote:
On a scale of 1 to 10 with 1 being the easist, how hard is this effect to perform?

Thanks,
Mike
[/quote]

On a scale of 1-10 to perform this is a One being the easiest.
to prepare this effect is also a one being the easiest.

This can be a close-up effect,it's preferred that way.
When you pull your hand palm up out of the water the ice visually appears.
However for myself and the situations I perform in the clean-up is getting up there on that scale.way up there.
Difficult to clean up, you are saying?
[quote]
On 2006-03-17 04:44, daffydoug wrote:
[/quote]

The cleanup could be difficult,but only if you had to.
if you have a routine similiar to the one the effect comes with
you don't have to worry about the clean up.

If you perform this in any other way you need good control of your audience.
basically like a whole lot of tricks you don't want them touching your props.

A guy on this forum came up with a routine that alows them to "touch the props".
IS THE ICE THAT YOU PRODUCE EDIBLE?!

frankly, I am not gonna pay a 100$ if it is the same thing that has existed for over a decade and for 4$ and which looks like real "crushed ice"

is the ICE that I PRODUCE, with my BARE HANDS, REEEEEAAAL ICE that can be handed out immediately? (meaning no s*******)

there is a way to produce "crushed ice" for 4$ (or a bit more if you buy a certain gimmick but surely not 100$!!!)...not wanna risk and pay a 100$ for the same method unless it was REAL ice...so any STRAIGHT answer would be the most welcomed (without tipping off of course)
Message: Posted by: david_a_whitehead (Mar 21, 2006 06:08PM)
Not real ice.
Well I have played around with this for a while now and I have to admit that it is a very visual effect. I have fooled a couple friends with this and even fooled myself doing it in the mirror. Despite this, I can't see myself performing this enough to justify spending $100 on it. My style lies more in the impromptu/bar and clubs area, and I don't think I could fit this into a routine. I'll sell mine for $65, PM me if you are interested.
Used my first "Post" to PM you! Have really been a "lurker" up to now. My family owns a restaurant which I perform in and it sounds like I may be able to use this. Thanks to all who contribute to this forum.
[quote]
On 2006-03-17 18:25, thePyramidWithin wrote:
[quote]
On 2006-03-17 04:44, daffydoug wrote:
[/quote]

The cleanup could be difficult,but only if you had to.
if you have a routine similiar to the one the effect comes with
you don't have to worry about the clean up.

If you perform this in any other way you need good control of your audience.
basically like a whole lot of tricks you don't want them touching your props.

A guy on this forum came up with a routine that alows them to "touch the props".

[/quote]

honestly, I've did this a couple of times before, and when transforming the Ice, don't go for a big amount. There's a way to end up clean if you are willing to take a risk (not a risk acutally), you can eat the ice and they can hear you "grind" it...

will review the "method" when mine arrives.

Cheers
So whatr do you do with the ice after you produce it? Put it in your pocket? lol
Good question :)
[quote]
On 2006-04-25 16:37, niva wrote:
So whatr do you do with the ice after you produce it? Put it in your pocket? lol
[/quote]

Yeah,if you want to do this strolling,or street magic,i don't know what to do with the ice,
Even if it's just one ice cube,you can't really switch it for a real one to hand out,cuz it doesn't look exactly the same as the one you produced.
I also had a problem with the ice having bubbles in it as well as the ice looking like "Ghosts" if you know what I mean.
I got this for close-up/strolling magic and you are right, there is not a whole lot you can do with the ice once you produce it in this situation. The way I performed it was by having a wine glass which I produced the ice from and then I placed the ice into an opaque cup that was filled with water. For stage and some strolling magic this effect is great. I'm not a fan of it in the close-up venue though.
Make sure that you use distilled water to prevent the ice from looking like "Ghosts".
If there was something I could do with the ice, I would be all over this effect. Its too bad as this sounds very cool.
Eat the "ice"...but make sure you drink a whole lotta water after you do that!
I was hoping for someone to tell me that this problem is covered in the instructions, because for $100 I expect to have all the details given.

Perhaps the best way to perform this is behind a bar
[quote]
On 2006-04-25 21:36, Slydini62 wrote:
Make sure that you use distilled water to prevent the ice from looking like "Ghosts".
[/quote]

I have used distilled water,i no longer own this effect, but when I did the ice looked like ghosts,or they had bubbles in them.
Maybe I'm expecting too much from the ice.
But I guess what I was expecting was the ice to not be visible.But it was visible.
Perhaps I used the wrong distilled water?
[quote]
On 2006-04-26 14:48, pkg wrote:
Eat the "ice"...but make sure you drink a whole lotta water after you do that!
[/quote]

Are you sure about that?
it says right on the package "Do not Eat"
[quote]
On 2006-04-25 16:37, niva wrote:
[/quote]

Come on man. Be imaginative.

Here's one for after-dinner magic.

Toss your ice into a chick pan. Open up a little coffee creamer packet and pour it in. Cast a shadow over the pan, and produce a bowl of ice-cream. Produce a cherry out of thin air to garnish the top. Then produce spoons for them all to enjoy it if they want to. Then bend their spoons.

Sincerely,
Wayne Stevenson
The SpookClub
Lol that was a beter one.

A chick pan would destro the whole thing in my opinion. Does not make sense in this context. Nothing to relate to for the audience. And where are you going to carry it? In you refrigirator pocket.

This effect looks like a great one from the responses it is getting, but the issue I am talking about is a major one, because it could destroy the whole thing.

It's ideal behind a bar, because all you would is discard the ice in a bin or ice bucket. The other solutions I can think of are either you eat the ice, but apparently you cannot, or put the ice in thier drink. I would not do the latter, even if I could, since it is not very hygenic to place things you have been handling into someone else's drinks or food.

These things kind of limit where this can be performed. Any other feedback from those who have it? Any other solutions? Hope there are.
The behind the bar scenario is a good one,but is there enough magicians who work behind the bar to justify the practicality of this effect?
This problem wasn't a major one for me.
It was the fact that the ice was visible,even though I followed the instuctions to a T.
It seems I'm the only one who had this problem though.
I performed this effect for my brother,who is the toughest spectator.
The first thing he said is "why are the bubbles floating around like that?"
DO NOT EAT...it causes stomachaches, dries ur tummy out of water....

I was willing to take the risk, and just drank a WHOLE LOT OF WATER...do not smoke, do not drink...I am just a die hard (with a deathwish?) bizarrist...

and I did make Ice from Coke (COLORED as Coke)downed them...and had a cola bonbon cheek palmed...they could hear me "grinding" the ice...not that I made a big deal out of it...

if you wanna take the risk of EATING the ice...remember, DRINK LOTS AND LOTS OF WATER prior to that, and AFTERWARDS!!

anyways, PLEASE BE CAREFUL!
Pkg, you are NUTS!!!

See you at your funeral!
**In Homer Simpson voice**: Mmmmmm.....Ice
Hmmmm I wonder how Homer Simpson would react when he finds out that there is a data base for toxicity for almost anything there (did that air yet? must be the last episode or something...)

the Ice is made out of ******* (whoever owns it should KNOW what I am talking about)
it is a NON TOXIC material...only downside is that your stomach might get upset...make sure the ice is Saturated with water....

no offence guys, and don't take it personal...get some knowledge!
[quote]
On 2006-04-27 18:14, pkg wrote:
the Ice is made out of ******* (whoever owns it should KNOW what I am talking about)
it is a NON TOXIC material...
[/quote]

You're risking a lot more than a tummyache if you eat the ice. According to several whitepapers, the gimmick breaks down into a very toxic, carcinogenic substance. I can't say what it is, because that would be exposing the method of the trick. If you don't believe me, Google the chemical name of the gimmick and the word "neurotoxin".

This decomposition happens especially when it's allowed to sit for long periods, so it would probably be smart to make up a fresh batch of it every couple days instead of storing it premade. That way, you won't have to worry about the stuff decomposing into the toxic chemical over time.
Congratulations Mr Gerard this trick it's one of my favorites.Look likes a miracle,it's very good.
Thanks
I have searched google for Andrew Gerard and for ice from water and I can't find where you can order this. Someone please provide a link.

Thanks in advance

Marc
Hi,
This effect "Ice From Water" is currently only available from me at $99.00 shipping included
to order please contact me here andrewsmagic@telus.net

thanks again,
Andrew Gerard
[quote]
On 2006-12-01 20:49, gobrownstd54 wrote:
I have searched google for Andrew Gerard and for ice from water and I can't find where you can order this. Someone please provide a link.

Thanks in advance

Marc
[/quote]

Hocus Pocus sell it. It's HP exclusive, [url=http://www.hocus-pocus.com/magicshop/products_detail.cfm?item=6822] Ice From Water by Andrew Gerard [/url]
[quote]
On 2006-12-01 21:57, G.t.H. wrote:
Hi,
This effect "Ice From Water" is currently only available from me at $99.00 shipping included
to order please contact me here andrewsmagic@telus.net

thanks again,
Andrew Gerard
[/quote]

Ops... and you can buy from the autor Andrew Gerard :)
I have a slight variation, where you dip you fingers in pepsi/cola/miranda/ice tea... and you can pull out ICE colored like that! shared it with AG and Sean fields....proof of purchase or something for the method!
Does this really look like ice and close can the spects get to this? Will they be able to hold the "ice"?
Yes it really does look like ice. Also from close. They won't be able to hold the ice.
This sounds CHILLING !!!
WOW...I just rec'd my Ice from Water yesterday. What an awesome effect! I can wait to perform it. I put the water in a little sandwhich bag and I am going to take it to work and perform it there. I can't wait! If you don't have this and you have $99, just quit thinking about it and buy it!

Marc
This is a great effect. Interesting however that the gimmick can be bought at many places for less than ten dollars.
Well, as always, you are buying the secret, the method, and the time that the inventor put to come up with the idea/pattern...
Giochi, can you PM with where you can get it for $10?

Also, does anyone know how to make your "ice" bigger? Mine is only about 3/4" x 3/4"

I also made it over a 24 hour period.

Please PM me with any answers.

Thanks!
Problem solved. I now have made bigger pieces of "ice"

Thanks!
Sorry if this has been mentioned already. This demonstration has been around the physics/chemistry teaching world for at least ten or fifteen years; either as a demonstration of polymeric properties in chemistry or the concept of refractive index when optics is studied in physics. So don’t be too surprised if you perform it for a spectator someday that says…”Hey magic boy… that’s not ice, my physics teacher did that for us in 11th grade.”
It is a neat demo none the less so here are a couple of things that help keep the index of refraction for the “ice chunks” as close as possible to the index of refraction of the water, therefore making them invisible before revealing them…
1. Use distilled water when preparing the “ice” and doing the demonstration.
2. Keep everything as clean as possible during the entire process. Oil from your hands or other grime in the glass or whatever will make the ice look milky and less invisible.

A variation that I’ve done is to prepare the “ice” and then select a particularly large chunk and skewer it with a paperclip. If you put it back into a glass filled with water and “ice” it appears as though the paperclip has neutral buoyancy…that is to say it is not sinking or floating. It is just hovering there submerged in the glass of water.
Yet another variation is to use string to tie a small noose around a large crystal and then lower it into a glass of just water. So it appears as though it is an empty noose until you pull it out and show that it is wrapped around a crystal of “ice”.

Hmmmm I wonder what other physics demos I could get people to pay $100 for?
Nice ideas Mr Toast...I am going to try them both!

You know, I have one of those brita filters on my faucet and that is the water I used to make my ice. It came out perfect. Maybe a little more bubbles that I'd like but you can't see them at all in the water...amazing.

Marc
Would those of you in the know recommend this for a hobbyist to do after a dinner party? Also, I understand that there is a lot of advance prep time needed but is there a lot of prep immediately prior to perfoming this miracle? Thanks for your help.
Samdan,

Ice in Water is perfect for a dinner party, especially if it's at your house, because you will have everything right there at your disposal. You could have the glasses all ready to go. If its at someone else's house or a resturaunt, you can still do it, you would just need to plan it out a little. I performed mine at my day job and the hardest thing for me was getting a friggin glass in to work intact! I kept dropping the dang thing! The prep work does take a day but then right before performing it there is not really much prep except getting 2 glasses, on with water and the other with ice. You could pretty much do the setup in front of people but one part you would need some alone time, like a minute or less.

Hope this helps,

Marc

if you decide to buy this PM me when you get it and I will give you an idea for doing it somewhere else.
Does anyone know why Hocus Pocus doesn't carry this anymore? And where can it be purchased?

Thanks,

Marc

PS. I already have it just wondering why its gone. I googled it and got nothing as well.
Hi This effect, Ice From Water, is ONLY avialable through the Creator,ME, Andrew Gerard.
email me @ Gerard@Gerardthehypnotist.com

I am currently in Las Vegas working on a tv series,so please allow 24 hours for email response.

All The Best,
Gerard
I asked a question about this a long time ago. What do you do with the ice after being produced.

Eat it, no!
Keep it there, No way!!
Put it in pocket, nope!

Help me out because I cant see the practicality of it.
As stated in the instructions you place the ice into a glass of ice water.This effect is very practical and so easy to perform.

cheers,
Andrew-Gerard
Message: Posted by: Lord Of The Horses (Mar 2, 2007 06:18PM)
Yes, I can't get all the fuss about it...

It's an easy to perform effect. The thing plays great! I would think that people buying this would come up with little nuances for their own presentations themselves instead of asking to Andrew!
Thank you Paolo, now whats all this bout a book? lol
hope you r well my friend!

contact me
???
Message: Posted by: Lord Of The Horses (Mar 3, 2007 09:44PM)
[quote]
On 2006-02-28 21:03, G.t.H. wrote:
Hi guys, I will try to answer a few questions if I can.... Ice from Water is not a glorified th&%*b tip, that is not used.
This is not snow powder.
This is not slush powder at all.
No special glass is required.
This is not the effect Mac King did either.
This effect is as close to the real thing as I think you can get...
If you read the above reviews from Sean Feilds, Greg Arce and others you will see that they Kinda think the effect is well.....INCREDIBLE!
You will most likely see this effect peformed on t.v. as well.
The ice cubes produced are not square chunks of ice, but ice like you would get in any drink at a bar ect..
Not much time to post here at the moment, but thanks to all of you that have sent me emails about this and other new releases,I am overwhelmed by all your kind comments,Thank you.
In Thoughts to all of you
Andrew-Gerard
[/quote]

ALL TRUE!

Andrew Gerard was kind enough to send me his stuff, last year.I performed Ice From Water on two of my shows in Cote D'Azur in the past summer (with some of my own twists) and the people around me was stunned!

Guys, this is a winner! FIVE STARS out of five!
Glad you like it Paolo !

I have been getting allot of questions regarding this and... at the moment I am the only person selling this effect, if you are intested, pls contact me here.

There are a few fakes as well being sold, everything I sell I sign, so If it doesn,t have my signature on it..you been ripped.

again Thanks for the kind words guys,

Gerard
Salut Gerard,

Thanks for your quick email answer! ^^

I'm sorry about the part you didn't understand in my email, my english is somewhat scholar... :O(
The idea was, and this is related to this thread, that I plan to go from water to ice (your product seems good for this!), and THEN change the ice into something else, like a diamant, for example.

I'll order Ice from Water from you by email during july...is that ok?

Regards,
This is a very visual effect, the audience can fully look and examine the water and they will be stunned to see that you make ice appear out of pure water at room temperature that can be handed out for examination. I would really recommend buying this effect.
Has anyone who has tried this effect ever had an issue with a spectator try to eat the ice?

Cyril used a different method to produce ice on an Asian TV show, and the immediate reaction of one of the spectators was to pop some of the ice in his mouth: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0GxEV7SVekI (see around 0:35)

Those who know how the effect of Andrew Gerard's "Ice From Water" works will realize that having a spectator actually eat the ice from this effect would be a very bad idea. How would you handle a situation like the one shown on the Cyril video clip, or prevent it from happening in the first place?