(Close Window)
Topic: Audio-technica sub miniature cardioid lavilier mic
Anybody know anything about these mics?
I have the omni ear mic and it's nice but has some feedback once in a while
and low output.

how about this one?

http://www.audio-technica.com/cms/accessories/ad85955d83238b44/index.html
That was a mouth full!
Message: Posted by: Dan McLean Jr aka, Magic Roadie (Mar 11, 2006 03:16PM)
Hi, Frank!
I haven't tried the AT898cW, but being an audio-technica, I'm sure it is good.

Bear in mind though, that uni's (card's) are not inherently better for feedback rejection. This doesn't, however, mean that they won't be better in a given context.

An earset placed 1/2"-1" from the mouth will yield better gain-before-feedback than a comparable-quality lav placed 6"-15" (depending upon whether you're looking at the ceiling or the floor) from the mouth. Ain't no way around this. If you need better gain-before-feedback than you're getting with a good earset, then you probably need to consider mic placement, speaker placement, PA loudness, frequency equalization, and mic selection. Going from a close earset to a distent lav is movement in the wrong direction when the desired destination is better gain-before-feedback.

If mic selection is the only remaining choice, then you will need to consider a larger headset, designed for better gain-before-feedback.

I know that's not much of an answer to your question, Frank, but I think it's helpful.
Dan.
Thanks. now I'm thinking about a different mic. I will make new thread :)
Hey Frank,

Which omni ear mic do you have now?

Michael
I have the audio-technica AT892cW-TH

http://www.audio-technica.com/cms/accessories/4e9adc9cc25abb36/index.html

I really love it but the gain-before-feedback seems quite low.

I got a tip from someone to adjust the gain inside the transmitter pack.
Right now it's set to HIGH and I can adjust it down. Perhaps that will make a difference.

I also know that speaker placement is a huge factor so I'll keep playing with it.

The countryman e6 cardioid seems like a natural next step to help prevent feedback but I'm not 100% sure. I would love to be able to stay wireless without a handheld mic.