(Close Window)
Topic: D' Cups And D'Balls
Tim,

I just wanted to thank you for the laugh. When I saw this, I just smiled.

Do you ever perform this for laymen?

Ron
Strangely enough.... no.

Personally, I don't think it came across on the DVD nearly as well as it did live, but from the feedback I've heard, people really seem to be getting a kick out of it!

I did it first at the Milwaukee SAM, just a gag to "set the mood" for 'Runaround Sue' and theme my routine for the Close-Up Show. It went over waaaaay better than I expected!

Eventually I did it a FFFF and who should be in the audience but ROCCO!

Thank goodness he had a sense of humour! He came back afterwards and said he loved it (I'm sure he sold a few extra D'Lites that day too ;) )

The last time I did it was when we were guests at the New Zealand Magic Convention, along with Michael Ammar. Again, Michael's got a great sense of humour too and he didn't make any serious attempt to kill me at all.

Aussies have a tradition of doing parodies, but it really is considered a sign of respect. For awhile we used to close every National Australian Convention with a parody show where various performers would come out and send up the acts of others or have make references to things that happened during the convention. Lots of fun!
Is that on the 24 years dvd?
It's on Runaround Sue.

And yes - it's MUCH better live!