(Close Window)
Topic: Stupid Game III - The Final Countdown
I don't know if we have enough time to play this one, but why not give it a try! The game is CARD STORY.

Together, we are going to tell a story.

We tell it one line at a time, and the card we're up to must be incorporated into the story just like in the classic routine 'Sam The Bellhop'.

Rather than a shuffled deck, we'll use a deck in Si Stebbins order so we're all working from the same pack.

But what GENRE will the story be? Detective story, action adventure, horror, romance, slapstick comedy, science fiction......???

What OCCUPATION will the main character have? Plumber, brain surgeon, pilot, organ player, chess champion, food critic......???

And what SETTING will the story be in? Tropical island, secret hideout, spaceship, deserted ghost town, medieval castle, underground mine.....????

Next person to post needs to choose a GENRE.
Person after that an OCCUPATION.
Next person a setting.
Next person writes the first line of the story incorporating the first card, choose a random card, and we'll continue in Si Stebbins order after that until we complete the deck!!! (If we can!)

BTW: Ideas for cards... Ace of Spades can be "He was an Ace", "He grabbed a spade", "He was detective Sam Spade", "He sat down on his fat ace"... use the card as inspiration and add your imagination!

GOOD LUCK!

TYPE FAST!

No stopping by the way - if someone messes up the order or two people use the same card, just get us back on track and keep going! WE HAVE A DEADLINE!
Message: Posted by: Michael J. Douglas (Mar 11, 2006 10:43PM)
A romatic comedy that may turn tragic. (yeah, 3 topics in one!)
Dentist
A lighthouse on a remote rocky island in the midle of 'the perfect storm'
After they reached the top of the lighthouse that night, Jack couldn't wait to show Jill his club.
Jill was thrilled with his invitation, as she had always secretly wanted to steal his heart.
(4S)

Jill was his dental hygenist and she thought it was really cool FOR Jack to dig her as much as she dug him.
(7D)

The thunderstruck in the stormy night sky and the waves crashed upon the rocks as Jack, with his eyes gleaming, presented Jill with his seven diamond encrusted golf club.
(10C)

He looked into her eyes, as he took the gift and placed it into his golf bag, which he always kept with him, and layed it along side his other ten clubs.
KH

At that very moment he raced to the top of the lighthouse and shouted I'm the King of Hearts, wind blowing his hair, arms outstretched, while Jill looked on rather a bit dissapointed as to his lack of amorous overtures.
3S, 6D, 9C
She was so angry she raced down all 369 steps.
(QH)

He turned around and noticed the Queen of his Heart was gone!
2S

She stopped suddenly after emerging from the lighthouse..as there was a fork in the middle of the road, a SPADE TWO! Which way to go? She realized she had to go back to the lighthouse.
5D

In the lighthouse, miffed at his love running away, Jack had pried 5 of the diamonds out of the golf club
(8C)

His trusty dental drill boke it's diamond 'bit' as a thunderbolt blew the lighthouse bulb, shattering glass around him, scattering eight clubs down the spiral staircase.
(JH)

Jack stopped, tossed the drill he'd been using to pry out the precious stones, and clutched at his heart as he felt it skip a beat.
AS

Jill ran back into the lighthouse just in time to see Jack with the drill, she grabbed her spade, wholloped him on the head and rACEd away again
AS

Jill became concerned when she heard the noise ."Perhaps there is a burgler whom has broken in", she thought. (Jill wasn't very smart as we know it's impossible to break into the top floor of a lighthouse during a perfect storm) but she grabbed a spade and r...ACE..d up the stairs
(4D)

As Jack lay reeling on the floor, he heard the engine of his FORd Mondeo turn over and he realised he'd understimated Jill very badly indeed.
(7C)

Meanwhile, in her nearby shanty, the beautiful Swedish cleaning woman Sven Clubowski picked up her bucket full of brushes and headed off towards the lighthouse to do her weekly cleaning duties for her employer Dr Jim "Toothy" McCavity.

(And let me tell you those lighthouses are a pain to clean! No corners to sweep all the dust into!!)
10H

Sven was passed by a speeding Ford on the way to the Lighthouse. Shrugging, she thought (in her Swedish accent), "where zat person go on an Island?" Continuing on her way she became alarmed..oh no vat if something happen to my Jack, vat TEN? I love him vit all my Heart!
KS

Arriving at the lighthouse sven found the bloodied spade and assumed the worst.
Reeling she raised her head as she screamed Jill's name

"JILLLLLLL, I gonna get you, a gun, a gun, my KINGdom for a gun"
3D

So overcome with grief, everything swirled around her and she appeared to be looking out of 3D glasses.
(6C)

"Look at this mess!!" she cried, picking up six of the clubs and tossing them aside, "How am I ever going to get this clean?!"
9H

Sven actually had a HEART of stone and recovered from these things quickly. She grabbed 3 more clubs and put the NINE clubs away
QS

She picked up the spade and started "queening" the blood off it.
Message: Posted by: Michael J. Douglas (Mar 12, 2006 11:45AM)
(My family thinks I'm nuts I'm laughing so hard!)

2D

Spotting Two of the Diamonds on the floor, she quickly pocketed them to add to her bling collection.
5C

Suddenly, Sven heard a creaking noise coming from the door. She was so surprised that she inadvertently made a step backwards and knocked over the only oil lamp that had lit the room. For FIVE seconds everything was quiet in the pitch-dark room but then Sven felt the door was moving. Frantically, she reached for the bag of CLUBS ...
8H

In the dark she mistakenly grabbed open the refridgerator door. Light streamed in the room from the light inside the fridge. She spied the contents inside..and to give her strength she quickly gulped down some T..HEARTS and EIGHT them.
JS

Jack started to move and used the spade as a crutch to get himself back up on his feet.
AD

Jack tried to heave himself up, A CEiling fan above him blew a cool breeze as he struggled, he had seen Sven pocket the DIAMONDS and he wanted them back.
4c

Four times, Jack struggled to his feet. Each time, the "ceiling fan" knocked him down to his knees.
That was when he finally discovered that the "ceiling fan" was in fact,a swinging door.
That was also when he discovered why he had not been accepted as a member into the local Mensa club.
7H

Jill, in her dazed state, clutched at her heart as she remembered Sven had lurked in a dark and dirty corner of a nightclub, that she and Jack had visited on their first date... and a thought occurred to her!
10s

The thought pierced her heart like a hot spade through butter.
"I wish that I had been older than 10 when we started dating."
KD

With eyes glittering like DIAMONDS, and strength like that of KING Kong, Jill attacked her nemesis Sven.
3C

Of course, this all took place in Jill's mind because she'd already driven 3 clicks (kilometres) away - she chucked a u-ee and raced back to the lighthouse.
6H

Jill drove the 3 kms back to the lighthouse, a pointless 6km drive? No! Now she had a plan to get back at Jack for breaking her heart.
9S

Jill frantically drove back in record time - in less than NINE mins. Spying a rusted spade leaning against lighthouse she picked it up and crept up the stairs.
QD

Strangely enough "God Save the Queen" by Neil Diamond was playing on an old grammaphone eerily in the distance, up the spiral staircase in the darkened lighthouse tower with the storm still raging and the waves still crashing against the rocks... she stepped ever so carefully over the dentist drill she had noticed at the last minute and made her way in the darkness, breath abated.
2C

She spied Sven and then, just as she had imagined so many times on her drive back, she raised her weapon and shouted "I'm going to club you to death, you ***!"
5 H

"Mind your language young Missy!" cried Sven and Jill stopped, dead in her tracks as she saw five human hearts beating inside Sven's cleaning bucket!
Jack burst out from the darkness and cried "Hit the deck girls - it's almost midnight - time to pack it in. We'll deal with it in the sequel".

They all shuffled off into the distance and lived happily ever after!

WELL DONE!!!