(Close Window)
Topic: Antinomy
The first Antinomy of 2006 -- another terrific issue. They just keep getting better and better with each release. Even a free gaffed deck with this issue that I will actually use! If you haven't yet checked out Antinomy, do yourself a big favor and do so. You will be very happy you did.
I totally second the motion. Antinomy is a really fine magazine. What a nice surprise to receive a gaffed deck with the latest issue. And, yes, the material is top notch too.

Mike
Funny thing.. just subscribed using the ad on the Café, and then saw this "thumbs up!"

Great to see this after the fact, instead of the other option.

RevJohn
I love the free Oops Deck that comes with it. This magazine just keeps getting better and better with each issue. There's a lot of real world usable magic in here. I'm definitely resubscribing for another four issues by next magazine.
Great issue and I love the color changing cover!

Jeff Pierce
Antinomy is one of the best thing that happened to Magic since last year !
I whole-heartedly agree! Antinomy is as close to a perfect magazine as I can imagine. The added bonus of the Oops deck was just one more scoop of icing on an already well decorated cake. Hey JP... your Double-Jointed Card is very cool, as well.

If you are not already a subscriber, what the heck are you waiting for?? Stop punishing yourself and hop on board!
I have yet, in 5 issues, to be in any shape or form even remotely disappointed in any of the contents thus far. This continues to completely exceed expectations.

I'd really like to see Antinomy create and sell a custom sized hard shell sleeve of some sort to house and protect my issues. The one I made works nicely but an officially endorsed protective shell with their logo would be the perfect way to preserve and display this tremendous publication.
Yes, Antimony exceeds my expectations too. I got issue 5 in the mail today.

I'll subscribe for however many years the run is... great magazine!
[quote]
On 2006-03-14 20:20, Charlie Justice wrote:

I'd really like to see Antinomy create and sell a custom sized hard shell sleeve of some sort to house and protect my issues.
[/quote]

That's a great idea!
Hello all,

I am the creator of the Oops! deck, and the few effects that use the Oops! cards in the latest issue of Antinomy. I can't think of a greater place to introduce the Oops! cards than Antinomy. Gene Taylor, the magazine, and staff, are first class all the way. Such a consistent, quality publication.

I hope the magazine exposure is a good "start" for Oops! I look forward to reading, and seeing, what new applications you pros and hobbyists, come up with, for the Oops! cards.......Think mismade color changes, really warped card warps, drunken card themes, etc., etc.

Please feel free to share any thoughts/ideas with me, or others here. If more appropriate, I can be contacted at msd921@aol.com

I know this issue is just starting to hit mailboxes (I haven't gotten mine yet!), but thanks for the nice initial comments.

Michael Daniels
Michael,

I would like to offer you thanks for offering the Oops deck for free to Antinomy subscribers. I am looking forward to learning the effects.

Thanks again.

Dave
Dave,

You are welcome. Have fun with the effects and have more fun inventing new ones!

Mike
Hey Mike... another big thumbs up for your (and Gene's) gift to the subscribers. I love the deck and haven't stopped playing with it since I received it. Oddly enough, as much as I love it, I keep tearing the cards into little pieces. At the rate I'm going I may need to purchase replacement decks in bulk. :)

Thanks again!
Evan
Best Magazine I have ever seen. Great layout, beautiful printed cover and well written. Mike Caveney gave it rave reviews and he is very particular when it come to quality.

Great job Gene,

Dean Dill
Here goes the debit card again! I'm subscribing now.
Welcome back Dean, I hope the recovery is going well for you and your family.

Jeff Pierce
Thanks for the nice comments and emails regarding the Oops! decks. Some of you have mentioned that you have some ideas as to how to use the cards. I look forward to reading/seeing what you come up with.

Michael Daniels
I have gotten some requests, from non Antinomy subscribers, to see an Oops! card. This is not a very good picture but it will give you the basic idea.....

http://innovamagic.com/_wsn/page3.html

The cards come in full decks of 52 plus jokers and two blank facers.

Thanks,
Mike
Thanks Jeff,
We are doing better. Thanks for asking. Slow but sure. God is good.
Dean
How can I get one?
Very easy : http://www.antinomymagic.com/

:bikes: :bluebikes: :bikes:
It's good to hear that you and your family are getting better Dean. I’m ashamed to say that I haven't read a single issue yet. Oh well, I guess my visa can withstand another little dent.
Just signed up after reading all the rave reviews in this thread. Looking very forward to digging in.
Will,

The magazine is "coffee table" quality. It is so well presented that you hate to put it in a bookcase.
[quote]
On 2006-03-14 15:11, Jeff wrote:

Jeff Pierce
[/quote]

Hey Jeff, I have been staring at the cover for over an hour now, and I have not seen the cover change color.

Just kidding of course, this is one of the greatest magazines available. I hope the format never changes.

And yes, I love the red covers. Will each year be a different color?

BTW Jeff, love your article in the mag.

Phil
[quote]
On 2006-03-28 20:41, Merlin wrote:
[quote]
On 2006-03-14 15:11, Jeff wrote:

Jeff Pierce
[/quote]

Hey Jeff, I have been staring at the cover for over an hour now, and I have not seen the cover change color.

Just kidding of course, this is one of the greatest magazines available. I hope the format never changes.

And yes, I love the red covers. Will each year be a different color?

BTW Jeff, love your article in the mag.

Phil
[/quote]
Phil,
I'm not sure if the cover will change next year, perhaps Gene will chime in.

Thank you for the kind words on my piece in the last issue. If you like that, stay tuned for the Card Warp Book coming soon! It will contain some incredible variations of Card Warp plus the original Roy Walton routine.

Jeff
Another great issue. Everet Chapman's routine was fantastic and was also my favorite. He solved several problems with his routine and I can't wait to see more of his magic.

Keep up the good work Gene.

All the best,

Nathan
Sorry that is Everett Chapman with two t's.

Kranzo
Just subscribed. It sounds great so I can't wait to get it.
You'll not be disapointed. You can also ask for the 2005 annual CD, to get the first 4 volumes.

:bikes: :bluebikes: :bikes:
I actually ordered the package that starts with issue 5 and you get the first year on cd-rom. I got a chance to thumb through an issue at mid-west magic and was told to definitely get it because unlike a lot of magic magazines out there are no advertisements which means pure magic from cover to cover. As I said before I can't wait for this package to arrive.
Just to clarify, you can get the first year on CD-ROM if you start your subscription with Issue 4. This also gets you Issue 5 (with the Oops! deck). If you start your subscription with Issue 5, you do not get the 2005 CD Annual but will get the 2006 one. Hope that makes sense. And thanks for all the kind words!
I just got my CD and issues 4 and 5. I must agree that the oops deck is excellent and, overall, I like the magazine a lot.

I have not looked yet at the other issue(s) or the CD. What other "workers" will I find? How many of you guys are using something regularly from the issues? What's you fav. so far?
I also just got my package with Issues 4+5 CD-Rom and Ooops deck. Gonna have to sit down with this stuff and see what comes out. Will keep you posted.
[quote]
On 2006-04-05 13:24, bsears wrote:
I just got my CD and issues 4 and 5. I must agree that the oops deck is excellent and, overall, I like the magazine a lot.

I have not looked yet at the other issue(s) or the CD. What other "workers" will I find? How many of you guys are using something regularly from the issues? What's you fav. so far?
[/quote]

I use "The Double-Jointed Card" from issue #5 all the time.

Jeff Pierce
Mike,

Hi - please can you tell me what the Oops deck is? Can you briefly describe a possible effect using it?

Thanks.
Steve,

The Oops! deck is a full deck of mismade cards. You can see one of the cards here.

http://innovamagic.com/_wsn/page3.html

(the one on the bottom!)

The cards were invented by me, with a patent pending on the design. They were printed by USPCC in red bicycle backs.

The decks include 52 mismade cards, 2 mismade jokers and 2 blank facers (mismade backs). They come in a standard bicycle design box. Two suggested routines are in the February issue of Antinomy. One is a T&R routine, and one a "fold and restore" routine. The cards lend themselves to unlimited possibilities....Card warps (see Jeff Pierce, above), mismade color changes, "drunken" card routines, bizarre T&R, etc.

Hope that answers your question.

By the way, I had earlier posted an offer to Café members. I was contacted by a moderator and told that it was "advertising", so my post/offer was deleted. Since I am not a dealer, I did not realize that I was breaking the rules. My apologies.

Thanks,
Mike
Mike,

You can probably put the Oops! deck in the "tricks for sale" in the "Let's make a magic deal" section below.
Gary,

Thanks for the suggestion. I'm looking into a banner ad here so I can "spread the word", and support the Café, at the same time. I appreciate the feedback though.

Mike
I am pleased to report that Visions has just posted their review of the Oops! cards. The review was a 10 out of 10! If you'd like to read the review, you can find it here.....

http://www.online-visions.com/reviews/0607oops.html

I have a VERY special deal on the cards for Café menmbers. If interested, please email me at msd921@aol.com.

Also, look for an Oops! Magic Café banner coming soon.

Thanks,
Mike
I have gotten some great feedback on the Ooops! cards, and routine ideas, from many of you. Thanks.

If you want a preview of the Café members special that is about to be featured on a Café banner ad, click here.....

http://innovamagic.com/_wsn/page5.html

Hard to beat this deal for TWO bicycle gaffed Ooops! decks.

Thanks again.

Mike
Antinomy, the best gosh darn magic magazine there is today.
Another year, another 4 incredible issues.
And the kick-of could not be better with the first 2006 issue, with the Oooos! cards included.

Keep up the exellent work Gene.

I recomend Antinomy HIGHLY.

Peo
Thanks, Peo!

I appreciate your support. Watch out for Issue 6 around the third week of May.

See you at FISM?

Gene
[quote]
On 2006-04-28 20:36, antinomy wrote:

See you at FISM?

Gene
[/quote]

You bet.

Peo