(Close Window)
Topic: Found a "Jam Auction" movie
Just clicked on the tube to drown out the morning babble, and there was a jam auction going on right in front of me - I figured it would be just an isolated moment in an unrelated film, but - no! - it went on and on, and then there were more scenes like it, and I thought I'd better alert you in case it comes back.

"I Sell Anything" (1934) on TCM (Turner Classic Movies) - Pat O'Brien is the 'good bad guy': "Spot Cash Cutler runs a fake auction racket. Luring unsuspecting customers inside the store with a phony good deal, he then sells them as much as he can, running the prices up through the use of shills."

My tv-guide gave it just one star, but it had me smiling and my son laughing a lot.

No further screenings are scheduled as of now, but you can go to http://tcmdb.com/title/title.jsp?scarlettTitleId=2354 and click to have them email you in advance of the next time it's on.
And no-one seems to be selling it, either. No joy on Amazon.com or even after ten pages of Google. Sigh. Something else to add to the 'eBay' search feature.