(Close Window)
Topic: Stigmata...Can someone help
Hey guys whats up.....can someone please explain to me the effect of Stigmata.....also is there any place I can see a demo of it?.....also just ordered my Sinful I hope I have fun with it.....
The only one I've seen is on the Psi series by Banacheck..an imprint comes up on your body,a number or something of the like.
“Stigmata” is one of a series of “danger” effects In a general sense, there are a number of paper bags or Styrofoam cups set up on a board or table. The performer slams his hand down on each bag in turn until only one is left. He then lifts that bag/cup to find an up turned knife, spike, broken bottle, or whatever (depending on the version purchased). It is sort of a Russian roulette without a firearm (also see “Shattered”, “Real Danger”, etc.).

Some versions are foolproof (no possibility of danger) others are not (can get hurt!). You can find the knife version being sold regularly on Magicauction.com.
My bad Harry...thanks for the clarification..
Ist that the same as WAYNE HOUCHIN version of stigmata? are they both the same...
No Wayne's is totally different.

Justin MIller
Okay....then whats the difference.....
Houchin's is I believe the version from the Psi volume 2.
Okay....then what is the effect from the PSI volume 2....why does nobody want to explain the effect to me?....Im getting depressed
Calm down there Mudd... no reason to get depressed, you opnly posted like 4 hours ago!

No one yet knows exactly what Houchins version is but it appears to be the same as banacheks version from PSI #2.... it is a simple effect where a person chooses a card, then the magician reveals that the card (number and letter to represent suit) slowly appears on his arm as a red mark on his skin. it sort of looks like a faint burn, scar or sratch.

OK, less depressed now... geeesh.
The ash on arm revalation but without the ashes and the soap. Sort of an any time any where version. I didn't like it on PSI Volume 2. Just doesn't have that big of an impact. Guess you can dress it up real thick with a lot of drama but you might as well get Pyro Perception.
Wait till you see wayne's KIIILLEEERRR street performances of this in Las vegas.

Justin Miller
Like anythingit is all in the performance and I am sure Wayne does a killer job. I will however be dissapointed if hiw new Stigmata DVD is simply a rehash of the Banachek version of this trick. I mean it is an EXTREMELY simple effect and it is already on DVD along with many other effects (on that same DVD). If Wayne is selling this as a stand alone effect it will be a poor follow up to his outstanding Sinful DVD.
Wyanes method allows those who can't do my version due to skin color, hair, dryness or such, to perform stigmata. It has sort of the same effect on people but is indeed different in workings. My version is also discussed for completness however, I gloss over it on my DVD's Wayne really has the real work on this and anyone can perform his version. IT is certainly not a rehash in any way whatsoever.
Thanks for clarifying matters
Thank you Banachek.
Well there you have it, I guess we can stop speculating now. Similar effect, different method. I respect both Banachek and now Houchins work quite a bit so lets hope this DVD is a suitable follow up to Sinful.

Thansk for the clarification Banachek.
It will be great and impromtu as sinful according to wayne
Brad posted in the Ellusionist forums that a preview video for Stigmata would be posted sometime on Thursday. So, not long before we get a little sneak peek.

Kevin
For those interested, stigmata's teaser is up on ellusionist:

[url]http://www.ellusionist.com/order/stigmata.php[/url]
Hmm, so according to the teaser, the spectator never has to tell the name of the person theyre thinking of to the magician? Sounds too good to be true...

Steven
Now the guessing begins, Let's just wait till it's released.
I don't think there can be THAT much guessing. The basic concept of this trick has already been released. I guess they have some alterations and improvements but I don't think this is a totally new concept here.
Ho hum, ho hum,
marketing, marketing, marketing......
kaa chingggg!!!
$£$£$£$£$£$$££$£
thankyou very much