(Close Window)
Topic: Mind Control for beginers???
Looking for a good book to teach mind control, NLP, hypnosis any good mentalism. Does anyone know which books are good??
For mentalism "13 Steps to Mentalism" by Corinda is an excellent place to start. Not sure about NLP or hypnosis. Not my area.
Authors: Richard Bandler & John Grinder

Trance formations (NLP and the structure of hypnosis)
Reframing
Patterns in the Hypnotic Techniques of Milton Erickson, vol. 1 & 2

These will help you with NLP

I agree with Jonathan Kelly about 13 steps
Even after all these years the two best books on mentalism are still 13 Steps to Mentalism by Tony Corinda and Practical Mental Effects by Ted Anneman. The Anneman book is available in a Dover reprint for almost nothing. Most dealers will have or can get Corinda. Also, if you can find a copy of Magic Digest, now out of print, or was, it has some superb material. Can't remember the author! But, he also published You Too Can Read Minds which is published by Magic, Inc. in Chicago. Best,
If you like ebooks, this website has a good selections - http://www.trickshop.com/main.html
[quote]
On 2006-04-03 20:50, evolve629 wrote:
If you like ebooks, this website has a good selections - http://www.trickshop.com/main.html
[/quote]

How is the quality of these ebooks?
I'll let you know. I just ordered FIVE of them! :)
Airship, can you tell us what books you ordered and what you think about them? Are there any books included that you would recommend to a beginner?
Okay, I ended up buying SEVEN ebooks from trickshop.com. :)
Here's what I bought:

Annemann's One Man Mental and Psychic Routine @ $4.95
Annemann's 202 Methods of Forcing @ $4.95
These two are just PDFs of Ted Annemann's classic books. But they are high-quality, being newly typeset versions and not just image scans.

Ultimate Koran Bagshawe Deck @ $4.95
Si Stebbins Unplugged @ $9.95
The UK Bagshawe and Si Stebbins ebooks are really nice presentations of two classic deck-stacking systems, the first for forces and the second for locations. After reading just these two, I am ready to do about a zillion tricks!

Simply Wild @ $3.95
Simply Wild is a new presentation of the Wild Cards effect, and I'm not real impressed with it so far, but I've got to try it against the original, as it's been years since I've done it. And I already had the gaffed cards, so for four bucks I figured 'why not?'

Outback @ $6.95
Outback looks like a really nice effect, but it takes a couple of simple moves that I'm not sure I can do (since my hands aren't what they used to be).

Dime & Penny Magic @ $3.95
I bought the Dime & Penny book to give me something more interesting to do with one of my few real magic items. 21 simple tricks plus care & feeding instructions for four bucks.

These ebooks are clearly written and well-presented. The production quality is very good throughout. Even if a couple of tricks don't work out, I consider this forty bucks well spent. I don't think any of them is beyond a beginner who has already mastered a few simple card and coin tricks.
I have to plug my Black School here because it has gotten great reviews all around and is fantastic for someone starting out as well, because it forces you to deal with presentation: the key to successful mentalism.