(Close Window)
Topic: New Busking Pouch
Tomorrow I will receive the first prototype of a brand new design.
This will be a very unique, versatile pouch of decent size.
Larger than my Poachers pouch, not as large as a gazzo pouch.
In between. Meant to be worn in front. Large enough to hold the props
for your whole act. Small enough that you can wear it the whole time.
Beautiful shape, wonderful size. I'm very excited to try this out
this summer at my outdoor shows.
There are extra pockets inside and out for those that do more with their pouch than just the cups and balls.

The basic design I've had in mind for quite a while. Now we have a bit of time to implement it. There will even be an expandable zippered compartment against the body to quickly secure your cashola after a fat hat.

If you're interested, please let me know.
I should have some pictures tomorrow evening.
Sounds interesting - I would love to see some photos
Frank,

This sounds like a great design! I can't wait to see it. With more and more of us here in the US going away from the multi load giant cups and balls (at least for now) a more versatile pouch could be just what the doctor ordered.

Best,

Dan-
As they say, it only could happen in the US.
I have a link to the pouch on my homepage.
http://www.theambitiouscard.com

There is also a slideshow with several more photos from there.
Frank - These look GREAT!!! If I order one, how soon can you deliver??? The Gazzo pouch is a work of art, but a little pricey! Looks like you've found a great niche!

Thx

Sd
You can order one any time you wish.
They are available on my website.
They will probably be done in 2 weeks.
For the first batch (dozen), the pouches will come with extra props.

Extra props:
A pair of Slydini Silks
A very funny and extremely useful prop that I use but will not reveal here.
Small, useful, funny. Perfect for the street. Perfect for just about anywhere.
An egg bag
A loooooooooong card + a priceless gag I use to go with it.
My silk / TT routine in it's current form. This routine is several minutes long, lots of fun and specky participation. You will love it.
My signed bill to balloon routine in it's current form.
The pouch looks great Frank! As soon as I have the dough I'll be gettin' one for sure.
Message: Posted by: Al Kazam the Magic Man (Apr 25, 2006 11:52PM)
Hi Frank,

Great stuff there,,,,thinking very much about the pouch. Just wanted to mention that you've got a special price going with the Pheonix cups I noticed. Added an extra 9 in there I think.

All the best
Yes, I know. They are sold out. I know nobody will want them for that price so I did that until I delete the item. thanks tho.
Frank,

looks like and interesting and practical design - is this the design you are now personally using?

kindest Regards

DAK
(Dominick)
I have not used it yet Dominick but I am carrying it around wherever I go.
I will be using this pouch for all my outdoor work where I will be doing cups and balls, etc. The only change for me will be loading from the front instead of the side.

I will also use it for parlor shows as a servante / prop holder / ditcher.

For informal strolling gigs, no way.
This would be way too big for anything like that.

First batch will be done in 2 weeks, I believe. Could be less.
Half of that first batch have already been spoken for.

Thanks for asking,
Frank
I bought a pouch from Frank, last summer, and the workmanship is excellant!! I wish I had need of another pouch, so I could buy this new one, but the one I have works great! Good stuff
I have no money right now to spend, but boy Frank, I'm dying to have one of your pouches. I've got my eye on your poacher's pouch, it's just a matter of time.

Evan Douglas
I wish every company was like Frank's - you just see something on his site and order it and know it will be excellent.

Ron
There are 2 pouches left from the first batch. All others have been
spoken for. just an FYI. They should be completed and ready for shipping by early next week.

Frank
[quote]
On 2006-05-02 12:24, Frank Starsini wrote:
There are 2 pouches left from the first batch. All others have been
spoken for. just an FYI. They should be completed and ready for shipping by early next week.
Frank
[/quote]
Make that 1 pouch left from the first batch. I just ordered one.
Make that none. I ordered mine yesterday!
Looks like Frank better get started on another batch.
Actually, I do have one left. One person changed their order to a Kozmo Servante so their pouch is still up for grabs, open for offers, still for sale, currently available! The pouches will be done this week. I was hoping for today but that is not the case.

Posted: May 15, 2006 7:46pm
The first batch is now sold out.
Frank,
Just got my new set of pouches yesterday and they are a work of art.
They arrived faster than the speed of a postal worker (Thanks Gazzo )which was great.
Fantastic workmanship. I cannot say enough about them, except they were worth every single penny spent.
I might have to order one of the new Poachers pouches also....
Thanks again Frank

Bill
Thank you Bill. Glad you like the custom work.
Let me know how they all work together for you.

Regarding the new busker's pouch, the first batch is completely done. Finished.
I will begin shipping on monday.

A few extras were made so I will have 2 or 3 on hand if anyone wants one before the 2nd batch is started.
Great news Frank. Looking forward to receiving the new pouch and trying it out.
All the boxes desined for the US were picked up this morning and they are on their way. All should arrive on Friday or Saturday at the latest.

All the boxes destined for outside the US are in my wife's car and off to the PO.
Frank, I just got mine today, I came home from a restaurant gig and the package was here. WOW!!!!! The pictures do not do it justice, It is BEAUTIFUL, Very well made! I tried Gazzo's pouch when I took his Master Class last June and his pouches do not come close to this one. No offence to Gazzo, his are great but Frank's are even better.

Everybody!!! Take notice!!! BUY ONE!!! They are FANTASTIC for looks, useability quality, and every other way you want to judge it these pouches are Numero Uno!!!

Peter
Ok,
I appreciate Franks stuff is top notch as I own many of his products. But you guys that own this pouch - WHY is this pouch so good? From a performance rather than craftmanship angle?
What are it's advantages? - I appreciate you haven't had a long time to actually use this item but feedback along these lines would be helpful.

Kindest Regards

Dominick
Hi Dominick,
A pouch is just a bag. If it fits your body in terms of reaching the loads efficiently (from the first to the last) then you've got a good pouch for you.
If it lasts a long time then you've got a good bag for the money.

I loved my first pouch (poacher's pouch) and the inside pocket/slots are great but after using it for almost a year (in strolling environments) I realized that I also had my business cards and sharpies and a small wand in the pouch, as well, that were getting in the way of getting to my props. So, on the 2nd version, I added flat pockets to each side. That got the small items out of the pouch and more easily accessible. Less fumbling around.

Keep in mind that the poachers pouch is small enough to use in any environment so the mods were done to imporove its use in a strolling environment.

With the new pouch, I wanted a larger pouch to hold an entire outdoor busking type show (+/-), so I incorporated the additions from my first design and added a large soft outside pocket in the front for who knows what (silks, eggbag, dice, bag of balloons, coin purse), and the money bag in the back. The other item I added from the poacher's pouch was the ability to use the laces and shut it down completely so you cannot see inside at all.

But... I try not to add anything that keeps it from also just being a cost-effective, long-lasting, bag.
Frank,

the laces sound like a great idea - although I have a cunning way I hide my final loads in my Gazzo pouch,

thanks for your comments.

kindest regards

Dominick
Frank -
My busking pouch arrived Friday but have had guests in so I wasn't able to check it out until now. Wow! Another great product and I am sure it will be perfect to work out of.
Thanks,
Mitch
I received my Busker's pouch (two of them) over a week ago but did not have time to play with them util the middle of last week since I was out of town... I own 2 poacher pouches and one Cellini pouch beore these, and I do believe Frank's new pouch is the best of both worlds. I mainly use the pouches as servantes, and the new pouches definitely have a wider and more volumonous ditch space. beyond that, they new pouches offer many more options for organization without becoming over-beariing....The poacher pouchers were effective but with these new busker pouches, I don't even have to give my ditches a second thought.... More to come as I experiment with my walk-arounds.....

James
Hey folks:

I received Frank's new pouch just before embarking on a three month engagement as a street entertainer for Mackinaw Crossings, northern Michigan's premiere shopping destination.

I must say, for a first-time busker, and probably for anyone else, this is an excellent pouch. If I add up all the magic I have in there together, I'd probably have close to 90 minutes.

Please enjoy [url=http://www.johnsturk.com/Mackinaw/index.htm]these photos[/url] of me performing with it.

As Homer Simpson might say: "Nine thumbs up!"
John,
Congratulations! The pictures look great!

Did anyone besides me notice something about his crowds? As usual, the crowd was bigger for the Cups and Balls than anything else. Hmmm...
Thanks Dave.

Yes, it seems to me that the Cups bring the biggest crowd. Right now, it's early in the tourist season, so building a crowd has been a little tough, with there being little foot traffic. But the merchants all tell me that once the schools let out, the place will be packed.

And hopefully, my hat will be too. :bg:
Best of luck John. The pix look great. The pitch looks good too.
Looks like it's built with a lot of traffic in mind.

Frank
Posted: Jun 8, 2006 1:19am
I just got an order for a brown pouch. These don't exist so a new batch
has officially begun. Should be done in 2 weeks. I'm only having 2 brown
pouches made unless I hear that others would like a brown one.

There will be one minor mod. The back (against the body) will be lined with satin.
I just recieved my pouch Monday and used it at two different events today. I really like it. Plenty of room for my hands and more than everything I need. I can't wait to try it on the street.

Well done Frank
I am patiently waiting for my new brown beauty. Those of you who have read some of my posts on wallets know that I tend to try to have them made in brown leather. I wanted the same with this pouch. It fits the scheme of things better for me. I know it may not seem like color is not a big deal, but for me it is.

I begged Frank to make me one in brown and he graciously said he would. I'm not surprisec that he's making a second one in the run. I’m so looking forward to using it this season.
Hey John,

Nice photos !

Joe H
Well my Brown Beauty Busker’s Pouch arrived safely and ready to rock and roll! It appears to be a true work horse of a pouch. It was designed for folks that want to perform street Cups and Balls with BIG final loads. In fact it will serve to carry the necessary loads for a four or six orange (or baseballs) and a Mellon a la’ Gazzo etc.

The workmanship is first rate using heavy duty thick leather for the main body of the pouch and a lighter weight, soft glove leather for an outer pouch, pockets and a hidden cash “purse” behind the whole thing (against the performers body). The belt slits are well reinforced and will take the strain of years of busking. I think that this pouch was designed to take a real beating!!!

There are a number of details that are built into the pouch that I like. For example there is a draw string system that will pull the main compartment closed to hide the contents while allowing you to work out of the smaller front pocket. This is especially helpful to guys like me that tend to keep the pouch on from the beginning of the act and work close to the audience for a routine or two before going into the Cups and Balls. A simple slide and the main pouch is open and the loads accessible.

In fact the smaller, soft leather, front pocket is a sweet idea and what sold me on this specific model. It will easily carry several small props and consumable items (ropes, rings, handkerchiefs, and balloons for signed bill to balloon for example).

Frank added another nice touch by having side pockets on the outside of the main compartment. They are well placed and can hold a multitude of small items, including a deck of cards, the Sharpie pens, a wand, or even a cell phone!

Inside the main compartment there is a pocket that will hold a deck of cards or some packet tricks or even a wallet for a card to wallet trick. Plus, the pocket has three pockets in a row sewn on that are designed specifically to hold coins (a thumb tip fits nicely too!).

It is a well designed and well built beauty. AND he made it in brown for me (If you have read some of my wallet posts you know what I think of black leather!

Frank, great job! It is quality workmanship and a quality product. And a big thanks for building it in brown!
Thanks for the nice note Harry.
I was using the pouch again last evening.
I had baseballs and a coconut in the main section.
silks slipped thru the laces on each side, coins in the coin slots and...
I kept a TT and a setup for Prof. Nightmare inside the outside soft pocket.

Here's a tip if you have the pouch:
I was experimenting with Ammar's shadow coins on my new close-up surface followed by a ]'d coins accross. At the end of the coins accross routine, the soft pocket made a perfect ditching servante. The ropes kept it open just enough and the ] just droppend into the pouch. It was very easy to find and remove compared to dropping it a pouch that also has baseballs and a coconut and also run the risk of damaging the ].

Posted: Sep 20, 2006 12:32am
For those that are waiting, the next batch of pouches is just about a week away. Friday, I'm told.
Extras for this batch will include
Crowd building: The stiff rope gimmick,
Comedy: the long card, and the universal deck (deck of gag cards such as 3.5 of clubs, etc.),

and a secret.... A fantastic place to buy a CHEAP salt pour gimmick. I've used the $300 Kozak Gimmick and I see no reason why this cheap gimmick could not be used instead. Size, shape, are almost the same. And almost $300 cheaper.

There are still a few pouches that are unclamied for those interested.
I love the pouches. Looks like just what I have been looking for. Now all I have to do is bring in a couple of "Fat Hats". Then I can get me one. :cups:

Thanks,

Tony
I look forward to you having one Tony.

For those of you have have ordered, the batch is in and will start shipping right away.
WOO-HOO! :)
Okay, I'm pretty exited if you can't tell. :)

Best,

Dan-
One pouch coming up, Danny.

By the way, thanks to Harry Murphy, we also now have a pattern to make a "Stubby" version of the pouch. This is for buskers that are long everywhere except their arms.

Holds just as much but is a couple inches shorter.
I will probably re-do how the belt loops work but I have photos.

Go here and then click the link for the gallary photos
[url=http://www.theambitiouscard.com/aitem.cfm?itemid=61&ref=stubby]Stubby[/url]

Frank
I got one of these new pouches this past week and put it to work, after 8 or 10 shows I've decided, this is the best pouch I have ever owned. The design and the layout are perfect for the street worker. There is a place for everything including your money! In this price range there is nothing that even compares.

This pouch is just a bit smaller than the pouch I was using and for me that is a bonus. In my cups routine I use four objects and a coconut. This pouch holds them easily and if I wanted to go to six baseball sized objects and a coconut it would be a snap. The shape of the bottom of the bag holds the top open wide without any forward sag so that loading feels positive and sure fire. It also keeps the bag looking empty without the need for super stiff leather in the front and soft in the back. Frank has made a really nice design shift from what others are doing and I think it works great.

The pockets will hold at your fingertips, coins, silks, cards, thumbtips, balls, rope, cash, you name it. It is obvious that this pouch was designed by a guy who works outside a lot. Frank has thought of everything and at the price of only $199.00 these things are a steal. Bring your pouch and your table and you are ready to work. This one bag is laid out to hold your entire street show.

Really, this is the only pouch you will ever see me using. I can not say enough good things about it.

Best,

Dan-
Come on danny,say something good!
I agree with Danny. I asked Frank to make me a brown version and latter asked him to modify it slightly to better fit my needs. Basically I asked him to take the “lip” or “apron” off (that two plus inch bit above the pouch at the rear that the belt is threaded through). That raised the bottom of the pouch two inches and better fit my short stature). Thus the “Stubby” was born. It has the same interior space but rides higher (see it on Franks website).

The thing is built to take the rigors of working.

I have been using it for two weeks now and must say that it is the best pouch I’ve used (and I’ve made, bought, and used a number of pouches over the decades). I even use it to carry the act even when I don’t perform the Cups & Balls. Danny has already mentioned the capacity and Frank shows one fully loaded on his website, I’ll add that I carried a small Babcock Die Box, a Riser Ultimate (tall) Chop Cup) with two baseballs and baseball size, hollow, stainless steel juggling ball for final loads), a wand, four large scarves (also custom made for me by Frank), ten feet of rope, and a thumb tip with room to spare.

This past weekend I left the Chop Cup and loads at home and put in a set of four 10-inch rings. I was working a festival and decided to forgo a table. The pouch carried everything I needed well organized and ready to go.

In all it is a well made, durable, and useful accessory. I consider it a best buy!
Thanks for the nice comments guys!

I appreciate it a lot.
Having made and/or helped made pouches of another variety, I'd like to say this pouch is far better than anything I ever worked on. I had a customer call and ask to see a pouch one time, and he was from out of town. Not too far away, so I drove to his town with the pouch and a couple of items he had asked me to bring. We had dinner and he looked over all the items I brought. He picked up the pouch I brought and said "Wow, this would be a great pouch if it had a place for cards, maybe a couple of decks, a place to keep some props, and a few more pockets".

While having dinner with him and talking I learned he was a full time working magician who did parties, schools, festivals, and corporate events. He worked 5-7 days a week every week. He handed me the pouch back and said "No thanks, it's not practical for anyone who works like I do".

Then Frank came out with this pouch and offered it to us to sell to our customers as well. When the first batch arrived, I realized that this was the exact pouch the guy had described even before it was designed. Frank's captured what people want in a pouch.

We are thrilled with this pouch and thrilled that we have partnered with Frank to make it available. It's just so much more than a "circle show pouch". It's a true workers pouch.

Thanks Frank-
Steve
Frank Pouch is very nice I have them in stock as well.

In my mind it is a very different beast all together, I would describe it as a versatile pouch. Yes you can do C&B with it.

It is horses for causes; Gazzo pouch that he made for me is with dought to me the finest Pouch on the market. It has traditional charm that fits well with the image of traditional street magician. Image is every thing so they say. If you want to capture the charm of a gypsy like performer, all say do a medieval Victorian gigs as well as street performing then Gazzo pouch is ideal.

On the other hand if you want a versatile pouch that is far modern looking in its stile then Franks pouch is ideal. If you want a pouch to do close up gigs as well with then this pouch could be ideal.

To compare them to each other all any other pouches is a bit like trying to compare to old girl friends, it does not help any one and could be misleading.

You know how it is, she loves me, she love me not, she love me, she loves not, she is in bed with who?

You need to work out what you want to do and then suck it and see.

Mario
[quote]On 2006-10-12 05:46, Mario Morris wrote:
You need to work out what you want to do and then suck it and see.

Mario
[/quote]

You really do have some odd customs over there Mario ;)

All the best-
Steve
I tried sucking it but didn't start seeing anything, It just tasted like leather.
Can't deny that its a fine peice of workmanship though, and it holds everything I need it to with ease. I can't fault it at all, Thanks Frank
The pouch looks great Frank!
Looking forward to receiving the pouch, I have just order it from you.
Magnus
Magnus, your pouch is on its way. It went out a couple days ago.

The other item you ordered from me I didn't even know existed. I got one myself to check out and it's great. I think I will be using this all the time. You will like it.
[quote]
On 2006-06-06 02:13, John Sturk wrote:
Hey folks:

I received Frank's new pouch just before embarking on a three month engagement as a street entertainer for Mackinaw Crossings, northern Michigan's premiere shopping destination.

I must say, for a first-time busker, and probably for anyone else, this is an excellent pouch. If I add up all the magic I have in there together, I'd probably have close to 90 minutes.

Please enjoy [url=http://www.johnsturk.com/Mackinaw/index.htm]these photos[/url] of me performing with it.

As Homer Simpson might say: "Nine thumbs up!"
[/quote]

Nice pictures. I liked the captions as well. BTW, the fuzzy orange hat was better... more room for money!
There's 1 black and 2 brown left for those interested in the current batch.

Posted: Oct 19, 2006 2:12pm
They are now all sold.
A new batch has been ordered and is probably 2 weeks away.
Hopefully less.
We've got two black one's left of Frank's if anyone's looking for one in the meantime.

Don't forget, it takes a little while to get a batch of these made, and Christmas isn't far away. If you're planning on asking for one for Christmas, I'd recommend starting to snatch them up. It'll be early-mid November before the next batch is in, so if they all go, it may not be time to have another batch done before Christmas. Only Frank knows that answer, but it's something to consider if you're planning on one for Christmas.
Snatching them up is a good idea. If magicpitch has some left I think they might still be giving away the gazzo DVD with them for free. that's a great deal.
Yes Frank that's correct, we're still throwing in a free Gazzo on Tour DVD set, and if you order it from this batch, we'll throw in a set of soccer balls to use in the cups and balls.

Kind regards-
Steve
Got one of Frank's pouches in brown this past Thursday and gave it a christening while away this past weekend. This pouch has everything I could ask for! Aside from darn good looking it's a functional dream. The thick main pouch leather combined with the soft leather outer pouch makes this baby almost stealth on the big loads. The way all the small inner and outer pockets are designed, you know this pouch was designed with one heck of a lot of working knowledge. For the price Frank's pouch goes for, Xmas came early for me! Thanks Frank.
Frank, did you ever get the back fixed? I had a hard time getting the right stuff, but I think I got it now....
The back has satin on it now. in fact, the back of all my pouches have satin on them.
I forgot to specify that one the first batch of these. I'm not sure if my personal pouch has satin or not. I doubt it. I'm using one from the first batch.

Frank
Hey Frank,
My girlfriend just ordered one for me as an early birthday gift, can't wait to get my hands on it.
Yes, she and I talked this morning. Funny that you're dating her now.
Small world.
Huh?
Just kidding. I couldn't help but use GAzzo's funny line as the window of opportunity was so available :)
I know, playing along. Like my acting? Anyway, looking forward to the pouch, I'm currently using a black purse with the straps cut off and holes as belt loops, so I'm in need.
Yes, I think you'll like this better. The next batch is about a week away.
Frank
Frank.

Do you make any holster type prop management system so I can have a look of no bag in front of me?

Thanks,

Mark
Hi Mark. At this time the closest thing I use the "poachers pouch" which I can swing around back or wear at my hip. I never wear it in front. It's great but might not be what you're after. For a strolling gig, I love it. A busker's pouch would seem very out of place to me for something like that.
Frank,
Ok,maybe in the future?

Mark
Mark--

I don't know if you took a look at the poacher's pouch Frank refers to above, but let me say that it has been terrific for organizing magic for walk-around or small outdoor shows. As always from The Ambitious Card, the quality is first-rate. It can be worn on the hip or out-of-sight in the back. It will hold a lot of different props, and there are multiple pockets to help keep it all in place. That said, it certainly wouldn't be the pouch for a large load of oranges/baseballs/melons/coconuts, but I can't imagine managing such props from a "holster" position. Of course, given that I am a 90-pound weakling----OK, I'm not anywhere close to 90 lbs......

Flimnar
Thankyou Flimnar,
I will check into this in more detail.the pouch didn't look like it would work for me because I didn't want anything "bulky",but you all say it works well and I like the idea of it on the hip or on the back.

Mark
Mark, we could make a custom size. Pete Biro has one that is a bit smaller but I don't remember the dimensions. The standard is 8.5" deep. It is that size because I did want to be able to hold 4 loads and a coconut for cups and balls, which this will. If you know you are not going to do that and you want the "micro" version, let me know and I'll see what we can do for you. I've been wanting to make a "micro" but have been working on the busking pouch design instead.
I had a walk around gig this weekend, and used Frank's new busker's pouch in front and the poachers pouch as a back pouch. I was able to keep the chop cup and loads in the buskers pouch as well as a piece of rope , a wand and a pack of cards. In the Poachers pouch I kept a small close-up pad, a 3 shell game, sponge balls, and a few odd small gimmicks and tricks, ( mostly as back-ups).

The arrangement worked out nicely. Neither pouch was overloaded with stuff, and I didn't have to fumble. I did feel like a telephone lineman with all the gear though, but it was perfect for the performing situation.

Very nice and high quality stuff.

Good job Frank.

JH
Hey Joe, did you have one of these babies in your pouch?
There ain't a tuff guy in the world that didn't envy one of these
when the telephone man came over.
[img]http://images.andale.com/f2/110/124/12621703/1157602083155_DSC01446.JPG[/img]
I own one of those bad boys. The infamous butt-set, mine's a Harris. I used to do the phone systems as well as the computer networks back in the olden days. :)

I should eBay it but your right, I still think it's cool! :)

Best,

Dan-
Hey, I still have my Harris. Used it just today.
Now I have telephone envy.

JH
We're down to one left in stock before the next batch comes along. We'll throw in either a Gazzo on Tour DVD,Jeff Sheridan DVD, or a Flip DVD. You pick one from the site and include it in the comment section of the order at http://www.magicpitch.com
The new busking pouches are here.
The new busking pouches are here.

Batch #4 will be done in a couple hours. Even the stubbies.

Therefore, I predict pouch purchasers will peek at their
parcel this week and will no longer be perusing for packages.
Batch #5 is done and will be picked up tomorrow. We're doing batches of 20+ at a time to keep up with demand.

I've added a new deluxe pouch that will use unbelievable leather and is completely lined one the inside. I've picked out some extra beautiful leather and we will have a few different designs using two-tone highlights, etc. There's also a new feature on this pouch that I won't discuss yet.

Nothing but the best for this model. Not available yet on my website but soon. If you're interested, you can PM me.

Here's some prelim photos of 2 of them:
http://picasaweb.google.com/frank.starsinic/DeluxeBuskersPouch

Thanks for looking!
These are really nice pouches. I purchased one a while back, but didn't post anything here about it. It is very well made, and there is plenty of room for everything.
I think they look great I am looking forward to getting one. All I have to do now is get the wife to say yes to me buying one.

Frank, any idea on when tha new line will hit the streets?

Thank you,
SeanD13
These do look nice Frank, good work once again, I can't wait till Friday and then I get mine! :) :) :)

johnny
The new line will hit the streets soon. I have a couple more things to figure out and I need to find out how much the extra work involved costs as well as the added expense for the leather. thanks for asking.
Frank,thanks for the nice pouch! It arrived yesterday (wow 2 days time), and I am very pleased with it; it's exactly what I needed.The buskers pouch was really a nice step up for me, from what I was using..and I would definately reccomend these to any one who asks.
Hey Amon ain't Franks pouch friggen awesome!? I'm loving mine it sure beats using a purse or something else that just don't feel right!!!

johnny
That is a nice looking pouch. Too bad my apron pouch is holding up so dog-gone well, or I would have been very tempted to invest in one. The one I have was a worker all last year in my renaissance act with not so much as a broken stitch or thread. Hopefully you have some of these left when I'm in need of a replacement in a year or two (or five - who knows, it's too well built - it might not ever wear out).
YES Johnny! Thanks for reccomending this to me... =)
No problem there Amon, I know I just gushed like a little girl when I got mine and nearly couldn't settle down about it for a week!

I'm glad I could recommend Franks Busker Pouch to you, everybody who has one it seems is very pleased indeed.

johnny
To let all of you know. Frank sold me one of his new Deluxe Busking Pouch. You can find my review [url=http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?topic=203661&forum=113&0]Here[/url]

Thank you,
SeanD13
Okay, I read your review of the busking pouch. You said the leather was like "butter." I think I'd like the leather of the front of the pouch to be stiffer than it sounds. Gazzo makes the front of his pouches double leather to stiffen them so the contours of the loads don't show. Frank, could you address this issue for me? Thanks.

Jim
I guess I should of explained it better. When I talked about the leather on the main pouch. The leather that makes up the main pouch is a thicker leather then the outer pockets. It still keeps its shape like one would hope it would.

The like "butter" comment was to explain the fell of the leather. Not to say the whole pouch is soft.

I am sure Frank can explain it better.

Thank you,
Sean
I think it also helps that there's a soft outer pocket in front of the main area. That further conceals any shape differences from showing.

I have two styles of Frank's pouches already, and if I wasn't already a deliriously happy customer I'd add this one to my collection.
[quote] I have two styles of Frank's pouches already, and if I wasn't already a deliriously happy customer I'd add this one to my collection. [/quote]

Me too, but I still added the new pouch to my pouch collection. (can't have enough I guess) I use it when I'm not doing the hat load. I use the poacher's pouch as a back pouch or just a pouch to carry the rest of my stuff, and I use the Cellini pouch for more intimate events, when the chop cup is the bulkiest thing in there.

Joe H
Good question JJ,

They both have methods to hide what's inside. Due to their design, they are just done in different ways.
The design of the pouch is completely different than a Gazzo pouch. Mine has a bottom, sides, a back and a front. His, is basically a back and a front.

My design does not require that extra stiffness in the front but the leather is still thick and durable. Not thin like the cellini pouch style.

DaveV is absolutely correct about the soft pocket in the front hiding any tell-tale signs. I did not think of that but now that he mentioned it, I will pretend it was my own idea all along and that I planned it that way.

But since the pouch has a wider bottom, there is less pressure on the front and less hints of anything in there.

If you had 2 of my pouches side by side and one was full of oranges, you would not be able to tell as they hold their shape empty or full.

Anyway, that's the idea.

I'd be glad to answer any further questions.

Just to clarify further...

My pouch was NOT designed to do the Gazzo routine. It is smaller and designed for lighter loads and a smaller hat load like a coconut or a grapefruit. If you want to do the Gazzo routine you SHOULD buy the Gazzo pouch.

This pouch is designed as a busker's pouch to carry most of a table act. Cards, loads, cups, etc. It is an all around pouch.

The deluxe version is also lined inside and out to keep props from getting discolored from the leather, such as fakini billiard balls, etc.

p.s. I have had requests to make the poacher's pouch with a soft front pocket and that is on the todo list. It does make a nice back pouch. It also makes a great table servante. Especially on a lefler table. I just hook it on the hooks that are alreay on the lefler table by pushing a lace thru the belt loops. I do the same thing with a restaurant try stand by drilling a hole in each top rail. Great for windy outdoor stand-up events.
Frank: The deluxe version is not yet on your website. What is the cost?
You are correct. It's $249 for the ones I currently have/had.
These will be done in smaller batches and each one will be a bit
unique. We're also now set up to be able to engrave your name/logo
on the pouch. I have a lot of ideas still swimming in my head and until
I feel comfortable about all this, I have yet to add the item to my site.

Interested parties can PM me.
Frank,
Thanks for explaining this to me. What if I wanted to do four lemons and a hat load. With the four lemons, could I use a catalope? Or would that be too big. I'm asking because the lemons are smaller than baseballs and I thought maybe that would leave room for a hat load larger than a coconut.

Jim
I've never put a melon in my pouch but the melons I've seen at the grocery store look to be a bit too big for Franks pouch. I may try tomorrow next time I hit the store out of curiosity. I myself use a coconut, never a melon, it just feels like too much of a Gazzo thing for me.

I'd love to have a baseball the size of a coconut, that would be neat! :)

johnny
A softball?
A cantelope would fit just fine. So does a coconut and a softball. I use a coconut becuase they last forever and make a great thunk!

You'd have lots of room to spare.

Frank
Coconuts do NOT last forever Frank...I had one for about a month or so and then dropped it. When it hit the concrete it split in half and was kinda black and smelly on the inside...rotten coconut juice fly everywhere, it got on my nice shoes and black slacks.

It was horrible, almost as bad as the rubberbands on my wrist...they were ruined after that! ;)

johnny
I've had my coconut for at least 2 years not. When I shake it, I hear somehting in there and it doesn't sound too fresh. :)

p.s. I'm hoping to have more pictures of the new Deluxe Busker's Pouch very soon.
Some new improvements and an additional feature or 2.

Frank
I just ordered mine and can hardly wait to receive it.
Your pouch is on the way. Enjoy!
I think I only have 2 left now. I regular black and a stubby black.
I actually had great success this weekend using Franks Pouch with the Gazzo Routine.

I was able to fit 6 large oranges and a very large spaghetti squash.

A melon is too big, but if you shop around you can find something that will work well in the produce isle.

I will post photo's later tonight.

Shawn.
[quote]
On 2007-04-23 22:05, ShawnB wrote:
I actually had great success this weekend using Franks Pouch with the Gazzo Routine.

I was able to fit 6 large oranges and a very large spaghetti squash.

A melon is too big, but if you shop around you can find something that will work well in the produce isle.

I will post photo's later tonight.

Shawn.

[/quote]

I don't busk (yet) but when I am practicing this is exactly what I use with Frank's pouch. The squash is small enough to fit in the pouch. When I tried a melon there was a tiny bulge in the front. Nothing that anybody would notice unless they knew that it was there. I did not feel comfortable with it so I switched to the squash and now the bulge is gone.

Frank, Thanks for making such a great pouch. This is the first one that I have ever purchased and I must say that it fits my needs perfectly.

Ben Winter
My Buskers Pouch arrived today (man, that was fast). I have to say that it far exceeded my expectations. The pictures on Franks web site in no way does it justice. Until you have one of these pouches in front of you, you just can’t appreciate its dead on design and feel. This is without a doubt my best purchase this year. Highly recommended.

Tony
Thanks Tony.
I just received the latest batch of pouches.
I have an equal number of the new deluxe pouches, most of which are 2-tone, and then the regular pouches.
I'll put up some pix later this evening.
The first batch of Deluxe Busker's pouches are done.
I just added them to my website.
A few changes have been made, heavier leather and stitching,
engraved logo, lined inside and out, and several 2-tone options available.
I hope you like them.

http://www.theambitiouscard.com/aitem.cfm?itemid=70
Frank,

I'm a full-time student and am not currently employed, but I just purchased one of your Busker Poaches and based that decision mostly from the positive feedback left for you on this site. I am quite eager to see the craftsmanship your supporters talk about.

All the best,
Hans
[quote]
On 2007-08-18 01:08, hansjotten wrote:
Frank,

I'm a full-time student and am not currently employed, but I just purchased one of your Busker Poaches and based that decision mostly from the positive feedback left for you on this site. I am quite eager to see the craftsmanship your supporters talk about.

All the best,
Hans
[/quote]

Hans, I have one of Frank's pouches and will tell you that the quality is over the top!! I took Gazzo's class and used one of Gazzo's pouches but Frank's is better than Gazzo's. Not only is the quality excellent Frank also always makes sure that you get more than you paid for. He goes out of his way to amke sure that the customer is happy.

Peter
I'm hoping to get the new deluxe version of this pouch when the all black model comes back in stock.
We do have some all black ones in stock now.

And for those unsure about diving into the busking pool, our new inexpensive "street pouch" is also available now. So you don't have to spend a lot of money to get a very usable, inexpensive, professional looking pouch.

Thanks for the nice comments.
Thanks Frank.
Frank,
What's the size of your half-dyed silks? Thanks.

Jim
My half dyed silks are 15".
Frank...the pouch I received from you is AWESOME!!!!

Rugged, durable, and technically superlative. This is one helluva pouch. I can't wait to kick ass down at Pike Place Market in Seattle, WA. I'm in Iowa right now1, as I performed at a wedding, good tips let me tell you...I've managed to pay for my entire trip out here. Heading back to Seattle tomorrow.

By the way, Frank, if any of the magicians down at the market ask where I got my pouch I will direct them to you. You have a dynamite product my man....it's probably the most durable piece of gear I own!

I have nothing but great things to say about it. Thank you...thank you...thank you.

The only thing left now....is total world conquest.

All the best,
Hanz
It occurs to me that I have yet to write (yet another!) glowing review of Frank's Deluxe model Gibicere here. I've been using it for a few weeks now and It's improved my show so much it's hard to even put it into words. Suffice to say the old adage that a performer cannot afford to use cheap equipment is SOooo true!

After using my homemade job for a little while, and getting more and more frustrated as time wore on, I was finally able to justify buying such an expensive prop (hey, 200$ is 200$...)
But the value of this pouch FAR exceeds the the price tag.
The pouch suggested so many more possibilities than I had imagined- I ended up revamping most of my other kit as well; a new costume, a new table (and a big thanks to Bill Palmer for the info on his table which inspired mine) and a few new routines that hide completely concealed within the confines of the pouch that I can either take or leave out of my show depending on my whims!

In short, I love this item and I cannot recommend it highly enough to someone who needs something like this!
Thanks for the review gaddy. I've been on the fence but I think you've helped make up my mind.
Cellini pouch from Switzerland now on ebay:

http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQsassZthinairpro

I bought this about ten years ago in Zurich from Zauberladen, which was carrying Cellini's stuff. I don't know who made it, but I'm sure someone here does! I don't imagine anyone using this as their primary pouch, but I would think it is quite rare and collectible.

Look forward to hearing comments on it.
Man. that's a touch expensive!

if I'm not mistaken, this was made by Frank wasnt it? I mean he had the pouches made for Cellini a time ago.

I could be wrong...
You're not right but you're not wrong either.

Cellini commissioned me to make his latest pouch design. I took his design and added a couple ideas of my own. We agreed on a final design and he left the country with the first batch in hand. I've been making them for Hoerbi Kull of Zauberladen since that time. Jim is involved somehow but I'm not quite sure how.

Looks like the pouch in question was made before I got involved.

By the way, Hoerbi is a gentleman and excellent to do business with. I've always been more than pleased in my dealings with him.
Thanks for clearing that up Frank. I knew it was something along those lines, but wasnt sure of when you started making the pouches. It looked similar but I wasnt sure...

Also, I've heard that Hoerbi is a great guy!
Thanks for your input Frank. BAH, the buy it now price is not the reserve price. I think the price issue has been covered many times with regard to professional quality pouches. In addition, I'm confident there are collectors out there who see its value simply because of its rarity.

Mark
I have one of Franks pouches and have been using it for a couple of years now. Those that are waiting will be more than happy they waited. The quality is far above anything else on the market and the price is less than anything else.

If you haven't ordered one do so NOW so he can get them made for you.

Peter
I am the proud owner of one of Frank's pouches. I've been dieing to try it out, but haven't gotten the chance, yet. The worksmanship is amazing. The pouch looks small, yet still holds all my loads. Gonna try it in the upcoming season.

Thanks Frank,
Joe
So Frank, when are you going to come out with a larger sized pouch. I'm looking for pouch in wich I can use 6 oranges and a large at load.

I mean I can do it with your standard buskers pouch but there is little room to spare. I didn't know if you had any intentions on creating a larger sized pouch...

I know I would definatly pick one up from you...

Shawn.
I believe Eric Evans made Cellini's earlier pouches.

Jim
I've had one of Franks pouches for awhile now, never hit a show without it and just recently I placed an order for some supplies and was oh so pleasantly surprised by the promtness (sp?) of shipping and quality of products.

His Eggbag is wonderful, it feels like butter in my hands.

I will be hitting the streets with it this spring!
Hi Shawn,
I'm glad you like the pouch!
For 6 oranges and a melon you can get it all in there, you're right, but there's not much room leftover.

I figure 6 and a melon is for Gazzo's routine and it's best if you pony up and buy his product. AND...you'll have a pouch designed exactly for what you want.

I specifically made this pouch a bit smaller so it could not be considered in the same size category.

As far as new designs, I have a prototype but it's actaully for a smaller pouch not bigger.

"The Week-ender". (Actually I'm not sure what I'll call it).

Great shape, size, weight. All a bit smaller than what I'm offering now. Plus it will (I think) zip closed so you can toss it in the car/suitcase full of props and take it with you on vacation or for smaller busking shows.
Frank,

I love the "toss is in the car" thought.

I have bags that I keep both of your pouches in, so I can just toss them into the bag and not worry about the contents escaping. The zipper would eliminate the need for the bag.

I have a different thought though. How's 'bout putting overlapping black elastic cloth over the mouth of the bag. ie. The mouth of the bag is accecible by pushing your hand through the overlapping elastic cloth.

This adds both an element of secrecy from peering eyes and security from things falling out (or being pick pocketed by small curious hands).

The bonus is that you are always covered...and you don't have an annoying zipper to deal with during performances.

Yeah...so all you need is a bunch of advice from a "know it all" on an open forum. Well, there ya got it :)
I fit 6 medium oranges and a coconut into Frank's busker's pouch with no problem and space left over. [i]However[/i] I also use Phoenix cups that are significantly smaller than Jumbo Cups.
Gaddy, I just started doing the same thing except with Sherwood cups instead of Phoenix cups. My final loads (besides the coconut) are either of these:
4 Ammar fake lemons
4 tennis balls
4 mike rogers baseballs (until I get 4 8" baseballs)
4 small oranges from the store
Frank-

The only suggestion I would add after using this pouch for over a year now (and BTW it still looks great! -this thing is built to last a long long time...) would be to add a snap closure to the center of the mouth of the bag. that way if your side drawstrings are secured, then the bag is really and truly secured.