(Close Window)
Topic: Polishing the 3CM
Hello,
Just wanted to ask any of the owners of the "3CM coin set" if it may be polished with silver polish. Because it has the Teflon coating inside, I didn't want to take a risk of silver polish damaging the set, or removing the Teflon. Thanks in advance!
I never polish my set.... just leave it as it is.....
Maybe... just ask Jamie Schoolcraft?
YES ASK JAMIE or Dean Dill.
I often polish my set, you don't need to polish inside.
Hello,
I did write an email to Jamie himself. The response that I got was a generic message saying that he was overwhelmed with emails, & a personal tragedy, & could not answer individual questions at this time. So he refered me to the "Magic Café". That is my reason for this post. Thanks for your help.
P.S. - I wasn't planning on polishing the inside, I was just concerned about over spill.
Message: Posted by: Mediocre the Great (Apr 27, 2006 07:14PM)
To be safe, I would use a silver polishing cloth and apply only to the silver side, not the inside surfaces. Just keep the inserts in at all time and polish the coin while it is assembled in it's various configurations.

You can find an excellent product on this website (Lynetta Welch)

http://www.fabricmanipulation.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=BPC&Category_Code=

With regular use and proper storage, you coin set should need very little polishing.
I recently purchased the polishing cloth from Fabric Manipulation and it works great! I had a 10 year old f*****g coin from Johnson Products that cleaned up nicely with the cloth. My '64 Kennedy coins from Schoolcraft responded nice as well. This is a must have for any coin working magician in my opinion.
I agree with Mediocre the Great in regards to using a silver polishing cloth. I have used a cloth on my silver coins for as long as I have been using coins. The cloth is very solf and less damaging than using other types of polishers. I suggest that you only polish the outside of the coins and not any of the gimmicked workings of the coins.

full Deck
I just recently received my 3CM. I have polished the set with a cloth that is made for polishing silver. However, I'm very careful that I only polish the outside of the coins. There is really no reason to polish the gaffed portion of the set.
Thank's that cloth is fantastic