(Close Window)
Topic: Who fooled Houdini?
Hi,
Its a common knowledge that Vernon fooled Houdini. Is there anybody else who foolded Houdini? I am asking this because I read in a book recently about such an event.
Any help welcomed...
Several magicians fooled Houdini and it would drive him crazy.
Harry Blackstone Jr. used to tell several stories about how his father fooled Houdini.
I believe that Thurston and T. Nelson Downs also fooled him. I do not know if the stories are written down though.
Mobius
It's always fun to hear about a "master magician" (even though Houdini wasn't one) being fooled. I'd guess that nearly all of the greats have been fooled by someone at some point in their careers. Clay
There is an interesting story where Ricky Jay did a pass for Charlie Miller - Eagle-Eye Charlie - and Charlie said, "I can't see it! I just can't see it!"
There is a really good story about how Al Koran did a trick that fooled Einstein.
Magicians, scientists and engineers are among the easiest to fool.

Magicians have a preconceived notion about how things are done.

Scientists think that we play with the same set of laws that are manifested in physics.

Engineers think everything is mechanical.
I'll never forget the reaction I got, after a fairly simple mentalism stunt, from one of the nation's top biochemists: "Are you psychic?!"

Taught me to put not my trust in scientists.

*jeep!
--Grandpa
Message: Posted by: Marshall Thornside (Aug 21, 2009 10:48PM)
I'm trying to remember what I read in jim stienmeyer's book.
I'm drawing a blank right now.