(Close Window)
Topic: Pulling teeth out of spectator's mouth (Drowned Alive)
Pulling teeth out of spectator's mouth (Drowned Alive)

It has been performed on David Blaine's latest special, Drowned Alive.

Any thoughts?

Original of his own?

Thanks a bunch in advance!
What did YOU THINK ABOUT IT?
The man must save a killing on his dental plan. =D
I have a dentist appointment tomorrow. Not only do I hate the experience every time but she doesn't even do card magic.

For what it is worth I thought the effect looked great! The people watching were blown away. That is all that really matters isn't it?

All the best,

Kranzo
David Blaine has to have some stuff stooged - I mean, c'mon, whats he going to do next...levitate like friggin' 2 feet off the ground? Really!

Nathan, let us know what your dentist says - she may know the "real work".
I already got it! ;)

All the best,

Kranzo
This was invented by my best friend in the world Tim Moore. Tim called me about 4 months ago and said that blaine had called him (through cavney) and asked if he would be able to "put something together" they brainstormed and this is what Tim came up with. It will not be on the market or anything like that..one time deal!
Justin Miller
I agree that it looked great and completely astonished people which is all that counts. I went to the magic shop the day after the special and they said that everyone was asking for the effect. I think everyone has their own theories on how it was done which could be completely or partly right. But it probably is not a marketable effect for the reasons that most people imagine that the effect is done. Wether it's his own original or not, I think we can all agree that all magicians on TV (as well as ourselves) are guilty of performing effects that we have not created. Either way, it's definitely something that most people have not seen and were amazed by so what do I think about it...."GREAT ******* JOB MR BLAINE" *hats off.
I wouldn't call the tooth pull "amazing"

I would however call it "stoogerific".