(Close Window)
Topic: love to learn more about rope magic
Hello, does anyone know any good websites regarding rope magic? I am just starting to get into rope magic but am having a rough time finding anything. Some help would be much appreciated. :nose: :nose:
I would suggest you pick up Mark Wilson's Complete Course in Magic.

You can pick it up rather cheaply from Amazon... or check on Ebay.

It's the best way to get your feet wet. And it contains a wealth of other effects in magic as well.

Free stuff off of the web usually isn't that good. But I do highly recommend Mr. Wilson's book.

Later
Tim
Thanks Tim.

Yeah I can't find anything good on the Internet, thanks for the advice.

Craig
"Self-Working Rope Magic" by Karl Fulves and "Abbott's Encyclopedia Of Rope Tricks" by Stewart James are relatively inexpensive books that cover a very wide range of rope effects. Daryl has three videos on rope magic that also cover all of the basics. There does not appear to be much rope magic on the Internet.
Try going to your magic dealer and asking for such tricks as Professor's Nightmare, rope for cut and restored rope, etc... and I am positive that the magician there has a handling or a new handling for some of the rope tricks there. :die:
Try Flip's "Truly Magical Rope Magic", it's a very good video to get started in this area of magic. Also Aldo Colombini has many videos dealing with rope magic.
vinny
Are there any good videos on rope tricks?
Try Francis Tabary (French guy) for really elegant rope Magic. He has 2 videos out. Many consider him the best rope magician around today.

palle...
Thank You I will.
I would try and buy some rope tricks from your magic dealer and if you like ropes invest in Abbots Encyclopedia or Mark Wilson's course in magic as these are brilliant.
Don't buy any rope tricks, just buy the rope because there are so many resources to get good material, such as:
Aldo Colombini
Tabary
Erick DeCamp
S Bidwell
Scott Guinn
etc...
—your money will be better invested.
vinny
That's like saying, "Don't buy card tricks".

There are some great rope tricks and routines that can be purchased. :banana:
Daryl has a nice set of videos available (6 volumes in total) based on rope magic. Certainly worth checking out if you are enthusiastic about learning it.

:righton:

Yours magically,
-Kevin-
I would second Vinny's video recommendations of Flip's Truly Magical Rope Magic and Aldo Colombini's Mama-Mia Rope Trick. You also might want to check out John Zander's Loose Ends.
Unless you're talking about gimmicked rope tricks like *******, etc... Then it is best to buy a video for almost the same price as a trick would cost and learn many more moves.
Eddie, name the rope tricks that can be bought that are any good. Most are junk and poorly made.
vinny
Are Daryl's videos 6 or 3?