(Close Window)
Topic: Ring and Rope alternative.
A little background: I have a good rope routine as well as a good ring and rope routine. I has used my ring and rope as a segue to my rope routine, from a 3 ring routine. I have never been happy with any of my ring routines, so I had this ring and rope routine and no other reason for a ring. So here I am.

I got this Idea from Jeff Sheridan (DVD), He did a single Scissor and rope penetration. I wondered if I could perhaps do all, or at least most of my ring and rope with scissors, And I have at last been able (Four visual penetrations). I had to get heavier scissors (More expensive of course) and avoid the temptation to hack of one of the finger holes and weld on a stainless ring, but it's an idea I thought you all might like to think about.
I have been thinking of a couple of concepts... one is to use one of the "Livestrong" yellow plastic rings so many wear these days. Another is to make some gaffed finger rings... stay tooned.
I think any time you can replace something odd and unneeded fro something that seems less so and perhaps more usual, you are taking better advantage of a spectators preconception.

I wonder if you would need a gaffed finger ring? I tried my penetrations with some of my wife's thinner ribbon material and my finger ring (It's a big'n though) and it worked pretty well.

Actually this is just my personal bias agin' gaffs so ignore.