(Close Window)
Topic: Dove Setting
My dove is in my room. Is this ok? It's just one. Also I sleep with fan on while he's in his cage. It's off if he's out. Will it be too cold? Last, is it best put covers on the cage?
Usually one dove will not be a problem. They do produce a dust called dander which can effect your breathing however, one bird shouldn't be a problem unless you have asthma or a respiratory problem to start with. You'll see the dust on just about everything in the room. Don't let it build up. It's difficult to remove.

The fan isn't a problem and you can leave it on whether it's in or out of the cage as long as there's a frame around the blades. It won't be too cold for the birds, just don't create a draft for it. A fan blowing directly on the dove can cause trouble.

It isn't necessary to cover the cage. When it gets dark at night, the dove will go to sleep.
The fan is under all of us, Its a small 10x10 room. haha, The fan blows everyone under The room. There is no Fram around blades, where can I pick one of these up?
I'm sorry, I don't understand. What do you mean, "the fan is under all of us...blows everyone under the room". Normal room fans come with the blades enclosed in a plastic or wire frame. Sorry, I'm just confused.
Its a cieling Fan Im sorry.
Ah, I had a totally different idea in my head :lol: Experiment with the placement of the cage. As long as there's no strong direct draft on the dove, it will be fine. Since it's a ceiling fan, I would continue to leave it off while your bird is free of it's cage.
There isn't, I mean I feel it.. but its not PLOWING down hard. LOL its so funny seeing the dove stretching HAHA.
Sounds like you're fine.