(Close Window)
Topic: Strike Bottom Deal
Hi Everyone,
In your opinion, what's the best resource to learn the strike bottom deal? I learned it from Marlo's Revolutionary Card Technique. It's a great book. The seconds, centres, Bottoms chapter is among my favourites. There's so so much to learn from.
So yeah, just wanted to know where you learned the strike bd from.
Phantoms of the card table is a good pick to learn Scott's method, and Gene Maze and the art of bottom dealing is another good reference for learning a strike bottom.
be well,
JW
In the book Ultimate secrets of card magic, the Elliott Bottom that uses the straddle grip I have found to be one of the better bottom deals. I modified the take using this deal with my scissor bottom.

Video of this can be seen at my web site.

Enjoy!
I have viedos of different versions of the strike but the main one I do is the one found on Jerry Camero's "On The Bottom Deal" vhs tape.
I learned from myself, and it's the method I teach on my CD. You can read about it at these links:

http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?topic=101783&forum=111&1

http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?topic=103433&forum=111&1

Take care, Ian
The Gene Maze book is excellent and he favored the Erdenase Grip and he spent the better part of his live doing magic and other effects with the bottom deal.

We were friends when he lived in New York years ago....and in case you don't know he passed away about a year ago :(
I am very sad to hear that Expertmagician. The Gene Maze bottom dealing book was one of the first magic books I owned. It is a great work on learning the bottom deal in all its variations and applying them to card magic as opposed to gambling themed routines. He will be missed I am sure.

Regards,

Paul H
Expert,

Gene Maze died less than 3 months ago. He died mid-March.

His variation of the Erdnase bottom dealing grip is a fine one, and he was a great person to boot!

Jason
Message: Posted by: T. Joseph O'Malley (Jun 2, 2006 07:26AM)
There were some very touching eulogies dedicated to Gene Maze in last month's Genii magazine, by both Richard Kaufman and Meir Yedid.

His Bottom dealing books was one of the first books I bought too, and I heartily recommend it and what he taught within.
Wow another one of my great teachers has passed away. He will be missed...I dedicate this video in memory of him.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t1FVq8-xOic

Respectfully

Doc
The Ian Kendall Video CD is one of the best teaching discs on Seconds and Bottoms I've seen.
Thank you for showing the film Doc.
Doc - God bless. Share more, we love it.

Andrei
Doc,

Thanks for the video. Can you share any videos on your punch deal or dice manipulation?
Thank you Doc .
Dowser
You all are quite welcomed.

Doc
Great video Doc Thanks very much!
I missed this video too.
Considering this post is over a year old, it's really no surprise.

Please, there is no need to bring back threads that have died over a year ago just to make a small meaningless comment.
11 old posts in the last couple of days brought back from the dead to share thoughts like "I liked that too" or "I missed it too" is quite a bit over the top.
Sorry, I just have a tendency to not look at the dates.