(Close Window)
Topic: Eggs
Has anyone had any experience with any of the various eggs for egg on fan. I am not real thrilled about egg skins and was hoping someone here could answer some of my questions and help me out. Please PM me if you can help.
This is the wrong time of year to find the best of them. That is the inter membrane of a duck (Yes, DUCK not chicken) egg.

My second choice is the THIN Weller egg (about $15). My luck with other brands has been TOO exciting to wish on anyone.

Good Luck!

Bob Sanders
Magic By Sander
Most use the Weller thin skin egg.

Off the subject, there is a beautiful soft sponge egg on the market that is great for productions... From a short distance you can't tell they "ain't the real thing."

Jay Scott Berry has 'em... also I can't believe how terrific his new TOPIT is... features that really make a difference. :bigdance:
Wow! After almost a year - responses. (just kidding)
I forgot I even posted the question.
After a few trials with various types I decided the results didn't justify the process.
I have been thinking of getting a sponge egg ever since.
Thanks for your responses AmazedWiz and Pete Biro.
Sorry we took so long to answer your question, Steve. You may want to switch Weller's or a sponge to a Blown egg somewhere in the rountine. I just brought 1/2 dozen from Dan Tong at a convention. They are made from real eggs.
A couple of my books describe a real egg/w filler hole the size of a dime and a string and toothpick to hang it off the fan. (edit if needed) then crumbling the shell and allowing it to fall to the floor to get clean.

I have five of the Goshman eggs and used them at a party to produce eggs from a flat cigarette tin, palming in the real one part way through to break at the end. As I produced them I put them in a half carton.

The Gosh ones have good compressability but you need to be careful flashing the seam bump. They do not look very close to the real egg, so it should be pulled from the group as the others are put away.

They work great in the change bag too if you have something that can flatten the bag or you flatten the bag between your hands to show it empty.

Doh! Egg on fan. I was thinking Snowstorm in China.

Sorry.
I appreciate your posts.
Anybody know if there is much of a difference between the Gosh eggs and the one explained above from Jay Scott Berry? If I'm going to get one, I might as well go for the highest quality.
The Gosh eggs won't help. They are spongeball eggs with a skin on them.
The Book of Secrets by John Carney has some great work on eggs.
Have any of you learned to make latex eggs as good as the thin Weller Eggs were?

Bob Sanders
Magic By Sander
My Weller egg still holds up. It has to be 15 years old. Aren't they still made? The quality is very good.
[quote]
On 2008-11-23 03:36, disneywld wrote:
My Weller egg still holds up. It has to be 15 years old. Aren't they still made? The quality is very good.
[/quote]
I wish they were still made.

Bob Sanders
Magic By Sander
It has been years since this was offered. What good substitutes have you found for the Weller Egg?

Bob Sanders
Magic By Sander
Dan Ford......
Thanks for the complement Rainboguy!
[quote]
On 2010-12-17 12:50, Rainboguy wrote:
Dan Ford......
[/quote]
I second that. I don't perform it, but I have one that I've practiced with. I can't imagine an egg working better than this one for the effect.