(Close Window)
Topic: Instant Download Magic Trick Sites...
I am looking for some magic sites that you pay for an instant download magic trick to your computer. I only know a few like penguin magic, ellusionist, and pub tricks.com Please give me some sites that have these. Thank you
Why do you want to pay money for instant downloads? You can buy a book and get dozens of tricks for the cost of a few downloads. Plus many times these downloads are taken right out of books.
There's a trend growing that relies on "ala carte" magic, where you buy a trick at a time rather than spending more money on a book that may or may not have much of value other than a trick or two.

Some (me included) think it's a good idea. If I know what I'm looking for, and I can pay $5 for a download (pdf or video, whatever) rather than $50 for a book of other stuff I know I won't use, why not?
http://www.magictricks.co.uk/prodlist.asp?cat=download

http://www.lybrary.com/index.php
Message: Posted by: Daniel J. Ferrara Jr. (Jun 27, 2006 05:36PM)
http://www.5FingerMagic.com
Lybrary has some great ones...as well as ENTIRE books. If I am correct as well, they are all legal and ethical as they have bought the permissions and rights.
As the owner of Lybrary.com, let me stress that we do pay royalties and license fees for the ebooks we sell. In some cases we purchased the copyrights. I am a long time member of the magic community and am here to support creators and authors and uphold not just copyright laws, but also a moral and ethical code of conduct. In some cases we do pay royalties to families or estates even though the material is in the public domain. We think it is the right thing to do and continue to do so. If you agree with such principles, please support Lybrary.com (http://www.lybrary.com). The list of authors who choose to go with Lybrary.com shows that we truly mean what I wrote above. We just added Jim Sisti (editor of The Magic Menu) and R. Shane (the man behind Online Visions) to the Lybrary.com family. And more are joining every week.

Some of the authors who have been with Lybrary.com for years are: Roberto Giobbi, Jamy Ian Swiss, Jon Racherbaumer, Leo Boudreau, Bob Cassidy, Michael Close, Jim Coles, Aldo Colombini, Peter Duffie, Michael Fraughton, Shigeo Futagawa, Hideo Kato, Dale Hildebrandt, Jim Kleefeld, Robert Kaldy-Karo, Jarle Leirpoll, Ted Lesley, David Malek, Steve Mayhew, George McBride, T.G. Murphy, Andrew Perry, Mark Piazza, Michael Rose, Chuck Romano, Rocco, Daniel Tyler, Toby Vacher, David Walsh, James Watkins, Boris Wild, Michael Wild, Scott Xavier, ... I am sure I have missed some - sorry!

A comment to 'ala carte' magic vs. larger books/ebooks. Both have their place. I think a serious magician should build his own magic (e)library, which is best done with (e)books. This allows you to develop a good level of knowledge and depth as well as breadth in your repertoir. After you have achieved a certain level of proficiency and if you are interested in a particular effect, and it is available for a few bucks as a quick download, then you would be ill advised not to buy it. The investment is small and low risk, even if it turns out to be the wrong thing for you. The key here is that you should not be a beginner. Beginners will do much better investing into one or two of the classics must have such as Card College, Tarbell Course, Royal Road to Card Magic, Bobo's, Annemann, Vernon a.s.o. depending on what kind of magic you are working on. Hey, the "Royal Road to Card Magic" at $5 from Lybrary.com is cheaper than most single effect ebook. Any beginner who does not put down these $5 to get Royal Road just isn't serious enough to be called a magician in my opinion.
Here, here Chris!

Well said.

Justin