(Close Window)
Topic: What is the name of this trick ............... ??
Can anybody tell me what is the name of this trick?

Hank Lee used to sell it few years back and the effect goes like this, The magician removes a deck of cards from his pocket. Around the box is a rubber band. Commenting about keeping track of his deck of cards he folds a round sticker on the rubber band and asks the spectator to help by signing his initials on the sticker. The magician removes the rubber band from the box causing the rubber band and sticker to vanish. The card box is opened and the deck removed to find the rubber band and initialed sticker has penetrated the box and wrapped itself around the deck.
Banded... http://www.thetrickery.com/?nd=full&key=6837
Thank you very much Neo.
That is a pretty cool effect.
I used to perform it a lot.
you should get it , it is worth it ;)

-Matt
I've seen pretty much the same trick (without the box) in (I think) one of the Art of Astonishment books. Or Kenner's. I can't find it now as I don't own either of those any more.

Basically this version has the marked rubber band vanish from around the deck and reappear around a single selected card in the middle of the deck. As you can imagine, you need a rather stretchy band to do this.

I'm just mentioning this in case you already have it on your bookshelf somewhere.
David Acer has a nice one in his book using a wallet.Very nice effect!