(Close Window)
Topic: Rope through neck
I couldn't find it in the search. Sorry if this topic is in there. I had and having trouble with Rope Through Neck. Steven Thompson is helping me with it but is it just me or is it a little hard. I haven't done much rope magic. If someone could help me with it. You can ask Steven (IF he doesn't mind) if I have this. I don't know. The insructions I got werent very clear and don't even bother with the rope. I don't want to expose.

Posted: Jun 18, 2006 11:29pm
------------------------------------------------
Anyone?
Hi there,
From what I know there are 2 ways. The easiest way is with 2 ropes. The other is with 1 rope. It can only be done in a collared or "Tight Neck " shirt. PM me If you want the "Details". Which one is it?
Magically,
Matthew Toner
Daryl shows some good variations of rope thru neck on one of his rope videos,sorry I can't remember which one but I'm sure if you put it in google you will be able to find out which tape has the material your looking for.
Email me what the problem is and I'll see if I can guide you to the promise land.
Steve V
Flip's rope dvd also has a couple versions of ropes through the neck.
Joe H
Thanks for all your help on this. I will look into the dvds. I just gave you Steve V a pm.
Eleazar Goodenough is currently combining the Tenkai Rope Through Neck (the version with one rope) with the "Lost Head" Illusion. They make a great combination. He takes the rope and pulls it through his neck. Then his head seems to wobble around and suddenly falls off into his hands. He plays catch with it, tossing it up and down a few times, and then finally reaches around for a bucket of glue. He has to point his head towards the bucket to find it. He holds his head with one hand, then pretends to slop glue from the bucket onto his neck, and finally he replaces his head back where it belongs.

This one makes them SCREAM with laughter.
That's a cleaver combination of effects
Daryl also includes a rope through the neck routine on one of his Fooler Dooler videos -- #2, I believe. The handling is pretty straightforward.

-Phil in KC