(Close Window)
Topic: Greg Wilson in Kuztown Pa. in November
Saturday November 11 SAM Assembly #92 presents it's 31 st annual one day convention!
Featuring the Triple Threat by Gregory Wilson!
You get a 1) Close up show
2) Lecture
3) Stage Show

You also get Dealers,Flea Market, Close up shows from the areas top magicians, an evening stage show, & an auction.
ALL YOU CAN EAT FAMILY STYLE DINNER FEATURING PENNSYLVINA DUTCH FOOD !!!!!!!!!!!!
this will be held at the Kutztown Grange Hall
Kemp & James Street
Kutztown,Pa.
Perorder your tickets for only $35.00
All that for $35.00
for more information contact
Wayne Shifflet MAGICWAYNE@VERIZON.NET 610-603-0499

Or you can PM me
Hope to see you there!!!!
All that for $30.00!!! I'll be there -- that is a good deal.
$35.00 gman!!! Still a great deal
Hey who else will be involved in that close up show??
I know I will be there, it is a great day of magic. See you then.
I'll be there as well!!

S. Patrick
Hey Ryan , more info will released on the ohter performers, I just wanted to let everyone know that Greg Wilson will be the main attraction, so they can plan ahead.It is his only area appearance. You see him do a close up show, a lecture, & he is the headliner for the evening stage show. Oh yea, we feed you too.
Greg is known more for his great close up but I saw him doing his stand up spot in England a couple of years ago and think it's even better!! Well worth travelling to see.

Paul.
Hey wait a minute, it cost $35 to get in, and that includes dinner too? Is there a competition at this convention? I have a new routine I'm dieing to enter in a competition.
Al Angello
No competition, Al,that I'm aware of. Close up session, dealers, lecture, auction, food, evening show. Just $35. Well worth the money.

Paul.
No competition, just a day of food, fun ,& magic! All that for $35.00!!
I just heard Eddy Ray will be performing also. He just got back from his Japan tour.
WOW!!!!! I will be there. Who will be the dealers there??
Here is the schedule:
11:00-3:00 Flea Market
12:00-12:45 Close up Show (Paul Hallas,Greg Wilson, Rich Gerber, Ryan Parsons)
1:00-3:00 Auction
3:30-4:30 Lecture by Greg Wilson (dealers closed)
5:00-5:30 Dealers show
6:30-7:45 Dinner faily Style ALL YOU CAN EAT
8:00- ????? Showtime Featuring Greg Wilson, Eddy Ray, Good & Gooder, Bob Remaly & Nancy (that's Bob with one "O")& Master of Ceremonies Wayne Martin.

It will be a fun day! I hope to meet a lot of Café members there.
The convention is getting closer and closer... I cannot wait!
I hope Mingus Magic Shop will have some feather flowers, I need to get a couple blooming flowers and a sleeve boquet. Does anyone know if they will be there?
Mingus will be there! They make the best flowers. You may want to call Wayne & make sure he brings what you are looking for.
WOW, I can't believe the price. How can this be? How can a magic convention get Gregory wilson, Eddy Ray, And Paul Hallas under one roof with an all you can eat banquet style dinner for $35.00
This is unheard of.

Question - Good and Gooder, is this Bob Good and his son? Because if so he's worth the $35.00 by it's self.
[quote]
On 2006-07-26 10:17, Majestic12 wrote:
WOW!!!!! I will be there. Who will be the dealers there??
[/quote]

On there flier it say's , Mingus magic, Paul hallas, Eddy Ray, Gregory wilson will have tables and more will be listed later.
[quote]
On 2006-10-01 22:14, inidyls wrote:
On there flier it say's , Mingus magic, Paul hallas, Eddy Ray, Gregory wilson will have tables and more will be listed later.
[/quote]

I can't believe it either!! It's going to be one heck of an event. See you there.

George
To the best of my knowledge, This is Greg Wilson's only lecture in this area.
Lecture +show +close up show + food = $35.00
Mark your calendars, I will be getting my ticket as soon as they are available in a week !!
I'm definetely going to this!
Preorder your tickets now! You do not want to miss out on Greg Wilson. Kutztown is a short drive from Philly, Allentown, northeastern Pa., & Deleware. It is not even that far from New York or Maryland.
I ordered mine already. Who else is going?
http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?topic=181770&forum=31&0
Could it get any better? I just can't believe it. I just got word that Kainoa Harbottle will be attending. He will be in the close-up act and I heard he might be selling some of his dvd's.
I know all the coin guys know who Kainoa is? But if you're not a coin guy and want to be or just want to be floored than you better attend this Banquet.
He is recognized as one of the best of today all over the world. Just ask Roth,Rubenstein,Latta,Gallo,kam they'll tell you.
This is going to be one of the best conventions of the year.
WOW, I am speechless. This is a joke right? Greg Wilson, Paul Hallas, Kainoa Harbottle? Am I dreaming? This is incredible!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Only $35 and an all you can eat banquet style dinner.
It sounds too good to be true.
Calling all coin guys (& gals) do not pass up a chance to meet Kainoa, he does amazing things with coins.Pre order your tickets now!
Tickets are in I just bought mine at Mingus Magic
Mingus Magic , http://www.mingusmagicshop.com , Phone 610.372.7920 . Email info@mingusmagicshop.com
I just found out that the deadline to register for the all you can eat banquet style dinner is Nov. 8th. This is only if you want to eat, otherwise you might want to try to buy you're tickets later. But wayne said tickets are going fast. Actually faster than any other year. I can see why.
Glad I preordered
This is only two weeks away can't wait
I got my tickets on friday, 2 all day passes. The only thing I am sorry about is that I am no longer performing in the close up show, due to a scheduling problem. However good news for everyone who will be there I am be replaced by Kainoa Harbottle.
[quote]
On 2006-10-31 16:52, ryansmagic wrote:
The only thing I am sorry about is that I am no longer performing in the close up show, due to a scheduling problem. However good news for everyone who will be there I am be replaced by Kainoa Harbottle.
[/quote]
Hopefully, I'll be able to sport as cool a hat
Doubtful, but I am sure you will sport some better magic. I will be there, just have to be late.
Great-- Kainoa is replacing you--I was going to do his stuff in my set.
Hey Ryan, Keep your pimp hand strong!!!
Hey guys
I just had a cancelation for that date. Will tickets be availible at the door?
Al Angello
You can buy tickets at the door, just not tickets that include the dinner. If you want to get in on the dinner call Wayne Shifflett at Mingus Magic. I think you cn do that until the end of this week.
Hey Al , I wouldn't mine seeing your new routines at the banquet
Why don't you PM me.
Al
Sounds like things are coming together for a very fun convention. I can not wait to get there and meet new friends and old ones as well. Kelly and I will be there along with a few friends of ours and I will also be helping with sharing a dealer table with a friend of mine. It will be fun displaying my wares and such. I look forward to meeting you guys there and look forward to a great lecture from Greg Wilson.

Kyle
Just a reminder if you want dinner, deadline is the 7th or 8th you better check with mingus magic
Got mine and looking forward to this weekend.
Got ours to so we are all set and ready to go. Just getting stuff ready for our table and such. It should be a good time.

Kyle
There is only six DINNER tickets left.
I'm not sure though how many all day and evening tickets are left.
Nice,
but if those last tickets are not sold I will be forced to eat as much as 6 men.
See you guys Saturday
So far this is the biggest turnout for this convention in many years. It is going to be a great show. do not miss out.
I look forward to meeting everyone!
Hi All,

I got a chance to talk with Wayne last night and he was very friendly and helpful in getting things lined up for my dealer table. I am really looking forward to meeting many of you at the convention and showing you what we are having on our table as well as sharing with you magic. I also will be bringing with me magic Café member stickers. This I ok'd with Wayne and I will try to have them at the registration desk. The idea is that once you get there if you are a Café member peel off a sticker and place it on your badge. This will be a fun and easy way for us to know who is a member.

It sounds like this is going to be a great turnout and a great convention. Look forward to seeing you tomorrow.

Kyle
Sounds great kyle, And I talked to Wayne also, he couldn't believe how fast and how many tickets were sold.
What do you expect though, it's a great line up for the close up and the stage shows. And like I said before you can't beat the price. There is no convention within a 200 mile radius that gives you an all day/ all you can eat banquet style magic show with Gregory wilson, Kianoa Harbottle, Paul Hallas, Eddy Ray and many more for $35 or just the stage shows for $13.
Don't worry Ryan I'll eat for three and you eat for three. Can't wait for tomorrow looking forwar to the shows and the dinner.

See ya there
I will be there tomorrow with a wrist full of rubber bands, so if you want to see, or learn the "boomerang " rubber band trick all you need to do is ask me. I will be there with a beautiful woman, and wearing a red blazer, with Kyle on my name tag.
Al Angello
Hehehe look forward to seeing the rubberband effect Al.

GMan and Inidyis: Look forward to meetign you both as well. look for your Café member stickers at the registration table or wherever I can find a spot to put them. If I can not locate a spot, you can always pick one up at my booth.

Kyle
I have gone to this convention for the last 6-7 years or so and this is the most excited I have been, and also the most buzz I have heard in a while. This has always been a good little convention, with good people, but this year it is really taking off. See all of you guys there tommorow, although a little late.
Ryan,

Look forward to meeting you and chatting with you. It should be a good one. If you can't find me, just look for the funny and goofy looking guy behind my dealer table. lol

Kyle
I'm showing for the first time in the close up show a couple of things that are original and have never been seen before, so at least you'll not be seeing the same old, same old :)

Paul.
I look forward to seeing it Paul. It sounds wonderful.

Kyle
Enjoyable convention, Gregory Wilson got a standing ovation for his spot in the gala show, a good show which he closed. The organisers are going to have to get their thinking caps on to see who they can get to top this next year, but they did a great job.

It was nice to see Kainoa's coin work (though someone at the dinner thought it had been Ryan doing the clever coin work, since he was still on the program).

Al Angelo was surprised at how I knew him (but he does have his photo on the forum...).

Paul.
Paul
I can't remember the last time I blushed, but you got me yesterday. What does a British, close up magician do for a living in Fleetwood, Pa.?
Al Angello
Re: "What does a British, close up magician do for a living in Fleetwood, Pa.? "

Any type of entertainment gig he can get... I'm not strictly a close up performer, Al, that's just one of my entertainment incarnations.

Paul

http://www.PaulHallas.com
I will have to say it was another great convention and my wife Kelly and I had a wonderful time with old friends and meeting new ones. It was also fun to get a chance to display my art and design services as a first time dealer and I really enjoyed it and got the chance to share my skills with others.

The organizers did a wonderful job as did the performers. I really enjoyed Greg Wilson's work and never realized just how comical he really is. He certainly has a knack for getting the crowd to really enjoy not onhis magic but himself as well.

I know I am going to leave out someone but I was happy to get a chance to meet Ryan, Todd, GMan and of course Paul from this thread and get a chance to see them and meet them in person.

Paul: Wonderful job as always on your close-up show. Nicely done.

Kyle
Best one day convention I ever attended! Great job to everyone who performed and particiated. I am sure it was a lot of work putting together a convention like this, but it really paid off.

Great job again and I look forward to next years!

p.s. Paul I loved the new stuff and your take on classics of magic. The small bottle and small coins was great!

pps. Great to see you there Kyle along with Rob at your booth. Magic Enhancer is a fantastic product and I recommend it highly.
Thanks Eddie and Kyle for your kind comments, the coins and bottle was a different approach to a David Roth concept. I had another version 20 years ago but this is more user friendly (to me anyway). Don't normally do coin stuff these days but the "box" idea came to me recently and so it slotted well into the "variations on close up classics" theme.

I put that performance together specifically for the convention so as a whole the "act" will not be repeated anywhere else (a Kutztown exclusive). The only 'standard'item used was Joe Riding's "Three Card Trick With Four Cards" and I figured that was so old it would be new to most (well, apart from the erudite readers of 'Small But Deadly' perhaps) :)

Paul.
A great day indeed. Sorry I missd the close up show, but trust me if anyone had seen me perform they would have been able to tell the difference between me and Kiona. The lecture be Mr. Wilson was great, and entertaining. The evening show was great, and the food was the usual Kutztown chow, hot, tasty, and lots of it. Sorry I did not get a better chance to speak with you Paul, but maybe sometime soon in the future. Can't wait untiil next year.
Ryan,

It was great having the chance to meet you in person and hang with you for a bit. I just did not recognize you without the hat. Then again I did not have on my red jacket either so I guess we can call it even. hehe It really was a great time and I always enjoy the friendship and the fact you really get to know people at the Kutztown convention much more then at some others. I had a good time and will be there next year.

Kyle
I also thought that this was the best one day convention I have attended.
In my opinion Greg Wilson is a master entertainer.
His ability to think quickly and be funny on the spot is exceptional.
The few mistakes made were covered by rapid humor, in that he reminds me of Johnny Carson.
His inter action with the childern who were talking and gaently heckeling him during the show was enjoyable.My favorite moment was when he asked for the orange balloon and stommped onit. Glenn
I also thought this was the best one day convention ever. I never knew how great and witty Greg Wilson is. He got a standing ovation for his lecture, stage performance but he even got a round of applause for saying grace at the dinner.
And what else can I say about Kianoa Harbottle his close up act was just simply amazing it looked totally impossible.
I don't think this convention will ever be topped.
Todd-- Great job for puting this together. You set the bar very high. I do not know how you can top this, butI am sure you will. I would preorder my tickets for next year right now if I could! Grg Wilson's DVD's do not do him justice-he is a 100 times better live.
Message from a friend of mine........
MONGO LIKE GREG WILSON
That was absolutely hilarious. Man I am glad Mongo was a nice guy. lol

Kyle
For those who missed this convention all I can say is "Shame On You"! This was by far the best convention I have ever attended. The close up show have 4 great performers.

Paul your act was awesome, my favorite effect was the mini coin in bottle routine.

Rich's close up was as always entertaining and witty.

Kiona had the best coin routine I have ever seen. I know he had at least me and three others dropping their jaws and saying huh, wha, wow.

And of course Greg Wilson. What can I say that hasn't been said. My favorite effect in his close up act was the "oldest trick in magic". That effect showed me that you don't really need the latest gizmo or gadget to look magical.

His lecture was not only educational but half the time I was almost in tears from laughing so hard. I agree the wit comment that his DVD's do not do him justice...he is 100 time more entertaining in person.

The evening show was just as great as the close up show...
Eddy Ray's manipulation act was fantasic, Bob and Nancy's act was funny, The Good Guys were superb in their juggleing. Greg Wison's Stage Act was Super, and of Course the Master of Cermonies...Wayne Martin...Your magic and humor as always...Priceless.

Plus good food, lots of good deals from the dealers, and of course the people made this event great.

Thanks to the Local SAM Club for putting on another great event and I look forward to attending next year.
I told some of you guys at the shop beforehand Greg was also great as a stand up performer. Mark (Mongo) WAS a good sport, and of course, Greg DID reward him for being so, which is the way it SHOULD BE if a performer takes that approach.

Paul.
Even greg's stage show was a lecture, he showed how he could control the crowd and pick out people from the audience. I never seen a room full of magicians cry of laughter like that before, laypeople yes but not magicians. The way he picked on that guy (mongo)and the kids in the front row was simply amazing.
I would pay $100 next year if greg wilson came back.
He is in the same class as Mac King. He should be in Vegas!!

But more amazing he is a very humble guy and the way he gave his full attention to the children that were showing him tricks was priceless.
I absolutely LOVED this convention. One of the beter ones I've attended. Hey Kyle, can you pass the mashed potatoes please? Oh yeah, and the Gravy!! What/? Arlen ate it all?? Lol..JK

Haas
Hehehehe Yeha good time and good eats for sure.

Kyle
Sorry I missed this! I enjoyed working with Greg in Baton Rouge earlier this year. It had to be fun.

Bob Sanders
Magic By Sander
Gregory Wilsons dvd's don't do him justice, and his dvd's are really good too.
I laughed so hard I was crying. He is definately a true proffesional , he should have his own show in vegas. And to top everything off he is a very down to earth guy. Kutztown magic conventions are easily the best one day conventions around the northeast.