(Close Window)
Topic: Liquid Band by the Godfather
Vinny has the new handling of Liquid Band available on his website now for instant download!

Took me about 10 minutes to learn the nuances, and another 10 minutes experimenting with finger positions and whatnot to get comfortable with it. It can be done with a borrowed pen or even your own finger.

The $6 gets you the spectators view, over the shoulder view, and re-penetration explanation videos. It's available at http://www.vinnymarini.com
Thank you jonathan and charlie you guys are my first tow customers , I am very proud of this effect I consider this one of the best band penetrtations to date.
if there is any questions please feel to contact me
vinny
Liquid Band is one of the most visually appealing and stunning band effects you can perform. And . . . Vinny's presentation makes this a true miracle - not just a puzzle - for spectators. You can't go wrong. - Scott
Okay. Wow. That looks great.
Hi Vin... is this a variation on "Liquid Penetration" from the Godfather DVD?

The instant download section sounds great... I am excited to see what's next from the godfather!
I've seen Vinny perform the original handling from the Godfather DVD hundreds of times. I loved the penetration but HATED the get-ready. As a result, I never bothered to learned it.

When Vinny told me he re-worked the handling and even added another phase to the routine, he got me interested. The problems I had from the effect were fixed and I feel that it's very powerful now. Well worth the six bucks!

P.S. Touching Bend is pretty excellent, too. I will be honest and say that I'm involved in the project, but I think it's the perfect follow-up to a fork bending routine.
Okay I just downloaded it, here's my review.

The effect 9/10

I think the preview video speaks for itself. It's a straight to the point, highly visual trick. It's quick, leaves and impact, and can be combined with similiar tricks to form a routine.

Usefulness

10/10

It is what it says it is. Use any rubberband, use any pen/pencil, this is all sleight of hand. First off, I carry I pen and rubberband with me everywhere. A pen for everyday usefulness and to do recap. A rubberband for Daniel Garcia's effect with a ring/rubberband and CMH. This will definately be in my repretoire and is going to be added to my impromptu stuff.

Teaching 8/10

Rubberband effects always get me confused because of the finger movements. I think Godfather could've gone slower on some of the parts, and there was one tricky part that I had to view over and over to understand. To his credit though there is an extra over the shoulder shot which I couldn't have done without. Also he says he's here to help anyone.

Easy of difficulty 9/10

This is not a hard effect to do, but it will take a little practice. It took me 10 minutes to be able to do the effect and mess around with the finger positions. I'm definately going to dedicate more time to get the angles down and get the movement fluid, I'm estimating an hour straight of practice and it'll be to my standards.

Cost 9/10

I'm not a fan of purchasing single trick downloads, but at $6 this is a STEAL. Something that is impromptu, visual, and I will use on an everyday basis. Also as soon as you pay for it through paypal there's automatically a link to download it, so it's instant. I didn't have to wait for any e-mails, or go through any complicated websites.

I haven't performed it for anyone yet but I know a winner when I see one. You won't regret it! Good job Godfather, I'll be keeping a lokout on your future releases.
Lylaster I want to thank you for this increditable review of Liquid band,
I am glad you will use it I belive this to be one of the most visual band effects to date.... and it should be in everyones repotire of band effects

once again thank you so much
the godfather
Hello Vinny,

I just wanted to say that your Liquid Band effect is amazing, I've been very excited about your effect since I first learned-it. I wanted to let all of you here know that Liquid Band is a teriffic effect, and it's a wonderful crowd-pleaser. I actually performed this recently at the local Solomon Pond Mall a few days ago and the reactions I got were fantastic, a few people even thought I was using a gimmicked pen and so I let them keep everything afterwards for a souvenir. This is not only easy to perform, but it's also very fun to perform aswell. The Godfather of Magic is Brilliant, keep those wonderful ideas coming Vinny!

Respectfully,

Erick Castle
Just purchased it. Great effect. This is exact the kind of visual, impromptu magic I'm looking for. Best of all, there are no cards involved! Don't get me wrong, I love card effects. But I'm always on the lookout for good non-card items. This is a terrific effect that I'm sure will fit right into the repetoire of many magicians. Congratulations, Godfather!
Eric and CF thank you both for your support and very kind words,I love band magic and for walk around and table hopping thebands have become one of my favortie effects to perform, they pack small but go over very strong.
vinny
How about we save space on the forum and just put a 2 thumbs up next to everything from the Godfather?

All kidding aside, even though I haven't gotten the effect yet, looking at the effect from a laymen's point of view, I think it is a shocking penetration. It plays straight to their expectations, which makes it a great crowd pleaser.

Also, everyone knows it will be impossibly easy to learn, not because of the effect it self, but because of Vinny's great teaching and his willingness to help anyone. I do not have it yet, but seeing much of his other stuff, I can honestly say I was never dissapointed.

Cody
Vinny,

The first time you showed me this effect, I fell in love with it right away. As you know, I hardly do any rubber band effects. Actually, I do none. This one is a gem. Congratulations Godfather!

Rannie
aka The Boss
aka The Manila Enforcer
I would love to buy it but as with many other books and instant downloads there is no other option for PayPal. There are still some countries which are not members of PayPal and I realy hate to call and bother my friends in Canada or Austria to order it for me.
This effect is such a clean beauty. I wish I could think like this! I hope you sell a million. A sincere thanks for even releasing it.
Can Mac users download this effect? I'm all ready to fork over my $6, but want to make sure I'll be able to view it before I take the plunge.

Kevin
Kevin,

I don't know much about mac's...they are encoded in WMV format and the three movie files are zipped into one file. Buy it, if you can't play it I'll gladly refund your money. Just shoot me a pm or email and let me know.
[quote]
On 2006-07-16 09:51, bojanbarisic wrote:
I would love to buy it but as with many other books and instant downloads there is no other option for PayPal. There are still some countries which are not members of PayPal and I realy hate to call and bother my friends in Canada or Austria to order it for me.
[/quote]

I could PayPal but would rather eat a flaming feces dipped porcupine whole. The denial to process $20,000 raised for Katrina relief by Something Awful because PayPal is in bed with United Way is disgustingly inhumane. This effect I would gladly purchase (come on it's only $6!) if I had another option. When I clicked to order I was disappointed to see PayPal. No disrespect to the Godfather, he is a stand up guy through and through and has freely given card slights to me and others. I realize PayPal is an easy way to set up shop. I do want this effect and will contact him to see if there is another agreeable way to complete the transaction. Nice effect Vinny, 3 thumbs up!
Love the effect. I sent a payment through paypal and it will probably clear in
2-3 days.

I don't know why it takes them so long, they used to charge my credit card and the payment would clear right away, now they use echecks and it takes 2-3 days.

Looking forward to getting this soon.
This looks good, but I saw this about a year ago, which Vinny is putting this out, because this Vinny Marini was telling vmendoza this about his video...

Vinny Marini scrawled on Thu, 07 April 2005 16:18:21:
send message
vince straight 10s from me you did a BEAUTIFUL JOB WITH LIQUID
BAND........
THE GODFATHER OF MAGIC
VINNY

http://www.magicvideodepot.com/view.php?a=v&t=5219

vmendoza says that the going on part is his and the coming of is a rework of the original. I looked for the original and it looked nothing like this. This looks exactly like Vince Mendozas work. What's what, did he sell his handling or what?
Okay, looks like I can'r modify my other post. I found this link on Magic Video Depot of Vinny's first upload. The set-up look really messy:

http://www.magicvideodepot.com/view.php?a=v&t=3664

It doesn't look like it does now, so who's is this??????? I looked on Filpside and it's not being sold there, but his found link is. I'm still confused.
Durate 007 it seems there are always people trying to disscredit others.
several years ago I sent my liquid band to Vince mendoza with the handling and he loved liquid band ,
some time later vince sent me his idea of the repenetration and yes I told him his handling was beautiful,,, but he never sent me his handling, hejust a demo.
after that I sent vince my handling to see if it was the same as his and he never got back to me. I suggested to him him to put his handling in his up comming dvd but said, he did not want to step on my toes . I assured him it would be ok with me.
I even credit Vince on my demo for the inspiration and the repnetration
However LIQUID BAND is MY EFFECT AND MY IDEA Vince added some beautiful touches
I hope I made this clear
vinny
ps my handling any size band can be used
Just got this. Awesome Vinny! Keep up the good work.
When will the spoon bend be out? Looks great.
Best,
James
OK - I'm going to step in here before things snowball like they often do.

Vinny is a friend and yes he sent me Liquid Penetration a couple of years ago, I loved the idea, but wasn't too keen on the get-ready. I worked on it and realized that you could first penetrate onto an object before you penetrated off an object. You can use a pencil, pen, magic wand, thick slurpee straw, butter knife, or your finger. I sent Vinny a demo and he loved it. I posted it on MVD and recieved rave reviews about it. If you know my other work, you'll know that I tend to develop 2-3 handlings - I guess it's a habit I picked up from Ed Marlo. Anyhow, Vinny is right in that I never sent him my handlings. I worked out three variations depending on how I felt that day and how daring I wanted to be. Two of the handlings leave your hand in what I felt was a resctrictive position with too many fingers closed. I wanted it to look more open. The third - the one I use - is a little more advanced, but leaves you open.

Vinny sent me what he had worked out, and - my bad - I didn't get back to him. He is using one of the alternate handlings, but it's no big deal to me. He did work it out for himself. He gave me his blessings to do what I want with what I've come up with, and he's got my blessings with this.

I am backed up on many things and I posted last May that I would focus on getting my DVD out by years end. I also posted what the DVD would contain.

I'm sure Vinny has given me the credit I deserve on this instructional video as I have credited him with coming up with the inital concept. Whew -- That was a mouth full.

Now run along and play nice - Oh and to Duarte - Vinny and I are not the same person. Vinny's got the age, I have the beauty.

Keep smiling Vin

Vince Mendoza
Vince thank you for being a very classy guy,.....Two with the same name and same interests is a rare thing .
however I got the age and the beauty lol
the godfather
I have just got done watching Vinny Marini's "Liquid Band" video download(s).

Very nice effect. And, very clearly explained. In watching the videos, it is also clear that Vinny had spent a lot of time exploring rubber band magic.

Me? I'm basically a CMH type of guy but I can see myself picking this up and incorporating it into a CMH routine.

I really like the slow presentation of the explanation and the repeat explanations. What I especially liked was the "over the back" views of the effect. Makes it crystal clear what is going on.

Easy to do and well worth the $6.00 download fee. I wish more magicians would consider selling individual effects this way.

Way to go, Vinny!!

Mike
[quote]
On 2006-07-16 18:44, Mercury52 wrote:
Can Mac users download this effect? I'm all ready to fork over my $6, but want to make sure I'll be able to view it before I take the plunge.

Kevin
[/quote]

I'm running Mac OSX...this plays just fine in your Windows Media Player for Mac.

For six bucks...this can't be beat! Simple, totally impromptu and the effect IMO is as strong if not stronger than Crazy Man's Handcuffs, or Mislead!
Oombob,

I am glad it works on your Mac. I don't know anything about them...

Again, if anyone out there with a Mac can't get the videos to play, send me an email after purchasing it and I will gladly refund your money.
Here is my review of Liquid Band:

Effect:

A regular unprepared rubberband is spread around the thumb and first finger of the right hand and a pencil is placed through it. With the hand in an open position and with the audience burning the pencil and rubberband the pencil impossibly melts right through the band very visually. Also, using the idea that Vinny credited to Vince Mendoza, you can then put the pencil underneath the rubberband, with the rubberband in the same position and have the pencil melt into the band.
This effect is very practical as all it needs is a borrowed rubberband and any pen or pencil, however, from my experience, this works better with pens and pencils that are thinner and do not have a lot of stuff like clickers hanging off them.

I give the effect an 8/10.

Difficulty:

The penetration relies on a quick setup move that is done with the audience burning your hands and done very quickly. It takes some practice to get it down, but Vinny teaches it very well. Personally, I was having a hard time with one part of the move, but after talking to Vinny, he told me what I was doing wrong and he made it very easy.

(4/10)

Angles:

The angles for the effect are very, very good. They are very easy to work with, and I believe the effect can be done surrounded. There is only one bad thing for the audience to see and it is so easily covered that it does not really matter. Just a few minutes in front of a mirror should clear up the bad angle.

(9/10)

The Band:

As Vinny has said, any band can be used. Number 19's are best. I was having a hard time learning the effect with a smaller band but was able to learn it easier with a bigger one, and now I can do it with the smaller. So I recommend learning with a slightly stretchier, larger band. Also, when you do the move, you start to build up finger strength in one area of the hand where there is a bit of strain, but it is very easy to get used to.

All in all, the effect is great. The method is simple and practical and not extremely difficult. The practicality of this effect is what makes it stand out. The reactions of the spectators will not be screaming and running around. They will be more like "What the f***", confused reactions, but very good all the same. You will have people coming up to you and saying "show me that thing with the band". Personally, I do barely any rubberband effects, but Vinny made this very easy, and he has a winner with this one. I'm glad I put in the time to learn it and I implore you to do the same.

Cody
Thanks to Vinny for a wonderful effect and for his easy to follow instructional technique. I too will work LB into a CMH presentation. If I had a hat on I would tip it to him for making this happen. If you work with bands or even if you don't, get this effect, you will be very glad you did.
[quote]
On 2006-07-17 20:04, Jerrine wrote:
Thanks to Vinny for a wonderful effect and for his easy to follow instructional technique. I too will work LB into a CMH presentation. If I had a hat on I would tip it to him for making this happen. If you work with bands or even if you don't, get this effect, you will be very glad you did.
[/quote]

So how was that porcupine?
No porcupine for me thank you very much. Let's just say Vinnie is even more of a stand up guy than I said before.
I just downloaded this a little while ago. Worked just fine, no hassle on a Powerbook G4 running OS 10.4.7

I like the effect, and it seems like it'll be a worker. I haven't pulled out a band yet to start playing with it, but I'm looking forward to it!

Kevin
I got it today and love it. The over the shoulder view really makes everything clear.

Thanks Vin.

Jack
I got the liquid band today and what has been said above is totally the truth, this trick will be in my repertoire for years to come, very visual and magical and I like how easy and casual the set up is, thanks so much Vinny for such a wonderful gift, I say gift because this trick and the reation I'll get from it and just 6 bucks,it is really a gift.

Thanks again Vinny, and I'm looking forward to your next instant download.

Mano.
Thank you vinny. bought this about 15 min ago. took that long to learn it. the over the shoulder shot made it very easy to learn. did it for my wife 3 times and she doesn't have a clue. if it can fool her it will fool the fellas. nice effect...thanks..gino
Ggarcia, if you watch your angles you can have your wife hold onto the pen after you stick it through the band.
[quote]
On 2006-07-18 22:19, CharlieC wrote:
Ggarcia, if you watch your angles you can have your wife hold onto the pen after you stick it through the band.
[/quote]

That is a very good idea Charlie.
It has been brought to my attention by andrew that once the band is on your thumb and index fingers all eyes will be burning you hands. I forgot to demonstrate this on the demo how I do it ,, please feel free to contact me I will send a demo with some tips
vinny
$6 you cant go wrong!
First Impression. WOW. AMAZING.
Whenver I used to look at people's reviews and I see those words, I would think "Comeon, not that good."
But this is truly good stuff. Much better than the stuffs I have bought from the pros.
Good work Vinni.
Vin,

My first purchase from you and I love it. It may not be precisely right up there with CMH but it is as wonderful of an effect as Pinnacle and I payed much more for that. I will be adding it to my day to day rubber band effects that I love to do.

You ROCK!

Nick
I have to ad that this effect is an awesome warmup to any rubberband routine.
Quick, no words needed, and fools em.

I am currently doing Liquid band, followed by broken and restored band, then into crazy man's handcuffs.

Liquid band really gets their attention.
Excellent Vinnie!!
Liquid band won't be sleepin with the fishes!!!
Best,
James
Hi James thank you for your support
since you do broken and restored band I wil be releasing my broken and restored band called Breakaway bracelet.....
Paul Harris told be it is the best version he has ever seen
I will release this in a couple of weeks.........
pm me with email address and I will send you a sneak preview
vinny
WOW!!!!!!!....."Liquid Band" is yet another gem from the prolifically magical mind of The Godfather, Vinny Marini.

He's got a million-on-them, but this one is a go-to in any situation you want to make a powerful impression. Just need a rubber band and a pen and you can blow people away. It's slick and has an immediately powerful affect on specs of all ages. Leave it to the Godfather to come up with this from his already powerful repetoire of coins, rubberbands, this & that. The guy is a genius! He just keeps coming up with real good magic, no gaffs, just good magic. I highly recommend you get his download of this when he makes it available. It's well-worth it, as is all of his presentations. Just good stuff. WOW! -MB :)
Vinny sent me the teaser of his breakaway band. WHOA!!!!!!
It is awesome. I will be switching to that when it is available.

You will be able to play it as breakaway or a penetration. Really looks clean.
Dam* Vinny, what do they put in the water over there in San Pedro??
Thanks Godfather,
James
Liquid Band is a great effect. It is one of my favorite impromptu tricks, and is extremely visual. For only 6 dollars, every rubber band magician should own it.
Just got it. Thank you. It's great.

fib
Hi Vinnie,

Long time no talk - sorry about that, have been v. busy with my practise.

Liquid Band was one of the effects I learnt from your Godfather DVD but to hear that it had been reworked to remove the get-ready issue as well as adding another phase to the routine, it certainly sounds promising.

As for the Breakaway Bracelet, it still remains one of my favourite rubber-band effects after CMH and DGarcia's Stretch Routine. Again, it was one of the first effects I learned from the Godfather DVD and has remained in my repitoire ever since.

Congratulations on both Liquid Band & Breakaway Bracelet Vinnie.
Morris thank you for the complement, do you self a favor and check out my latest handling Hopefully this will become your favorite band effect,A very special thanks to Vince for adding the Mendoza touch
vinny
Breakaway bracelet should be filmed this weekend and up on the website next week! :cool:
I haven't yet tried it out, but here's my first thoughts after watching the download.

Liquid Band is everything good magic should be: clean, extremely visual, and simple. You can sum up the effect in 3 words. I've never liked CMH or really any rubber band magic. Even the over-hyped Pinnacle left me cold. But Vinny's latest appears to be about as good as it gets. If you can have the spectator hold the ends of the pen (which it seems you can), you've really performed the impossible. Nice work, Vinny.

Platt
Platt thank you for the plug and I am gld you like d it
your magic is very similar to mine ,
I will be releasing my broken and restored band this week called Breakawayvbracelet I am sure you will like this as well because it is yout style
vinny
ps I cant wait to see your dvd MB told me it is a killer,,,,
Vinny showed me a great subtle handling change this weekend and I really think he improved the effect AGAIN. I talked to him and he says that if you PM him your email address, he will send you a video with this new handling for free if you already bought liquid band. You could also email him at vinsmagic@aol.com

If you already bought it, get this new video! It completely solves any problems with angles!
Breakaway Bracelet was filmed today and will be out this week!! Stay TOONED
Curious...was interested in the spoon bend download that was on the site. It is no longer there. Has there been a delay with this release...or has it been cancelled?
HI oombob there is a crediting issue that has to be resolved this is whay I took it down ,, Eric has a very creative mind and would love to have his material out there.I just want to be sure ......thats all
vinny
(turning - blue - holding - breath - waiting - for - Breakaway - Band ----)

*gasp!
--Gran'pa Chet
Chet it should be out this week
vinny
Thanks for the update Vinny... I hope this comes back as I liked the look of that bend!
I'm glad to hear that Eric is cheking out the paternity of the spoon bend. I know you're probably a great guy and evrybody on the Café says you are, but I hope you do the same credting for the rubber band stuff.
Duarte .. ARE you implying my Band effects are someones elses ????????////////
my effects are my own creations and no one elses.... and I credit when credit is do.............and if someone else adds to my effect they will also receive the creit do to them,. I do not need any negitive comments form you or any one else that is not justified,
vinny
[quote]
On 2006-08-14 20:28, duarte007 wrote:
I'm glad to hear that Eric is cheking out the paternity of the spoon bend. I know you're probably a great guy and evrybody on the Café says you are, but I hope you do the same credting for the rubber band stuff.
[/quote]

Duarte007,

What kind of a comment is that? Are you implying that Vinny's "Liquid Band" is not original and that an identical effect was published by someone else at an earlier time?

At this point, rather than your above snide comments and innuendo, if, [i]in fact[/i], you [i]know[/i] that Vinny's material is not original and you actually have some knowledge of any such earlier source material for this effect, it would be more helpful if you now publicly posted any such missing credits here on the Café. And if none are forthcoming from you, might we assume that you were just being a jerk and that a public apology to Vinny will be promptly forthcoming?

An even more gentlemanly thing (and classy thing) to have done would have been to send Vinny a PM and let him know if you had source material on the Liquid Band effect so that Vinny could have been given an opportunity to correct this matter himself.

As it stands now, you have thrown out an unsubstantiated innuendo that besmirches Vinny's reputation and no one, not even Vinny, has any idea whether or not there might be an earlier version of the identical effect, or, if instead, you are just blowing smoke, trying to created controversy or trying to injure a fellow magician's reputation in the process.

Disgusting. Absolutely disgusting.

Mike

P.S. Strong post to follow.
Duarte007....

Always wise to remove one's cranium from whatever dark space it has presently been occupying....BEFORE casting vague and unsupported aspersions against another.
This is one of those effects where you watch the instructions while following along with your own hands, and then when the magic happens you think 'Holy crap, how did I do that!'

It's a great looking piece of magic and although I could do it straight after watching Vinny's instructions, I'm going to put a whole lot of practice into this to do it the justice it deserves before performing it publicly.

2 thumbs up!

Billy
[quote]
On 2006-08-14 20:28, duarte007 wrote:
[/quote]

Please provide some proof before you blast someone.
Duarte007 . . . I believe it was you who said, "some people are better speed bumps than commentators." How ironic.

Vinny is one of the most ethical, honorable and upright people I know. For that reason, alone, I am proud to call him my friend.

If something is created that, as it turns out, was invented by someone earlier, Vinny will be the first to give credit or remove it from his offerings. You have no idea how Vinny circulates his creations (and those of others he intends to publish) among fellow magicians for their input/comment and to ensure they are original. As such, your post's inference is most innoble of you. - Scott
The Liquid Band is original and very powerful, actually to be quite honset I think it's the very best rubber band penetration I've seen.

The Liquid Band effect is GOLD vinny, and don't let anybody convince you otherwise!

Best Regards,

-Erick
Duarte,

Your post has caught the attention of The Boss aka The Manila Enforcer! Someone usually gets whacked for this, but its different in the FAMIGLIA! So....let me just say this...

The Godfather's Liquid Band is ORIGINAL!

Why you might ask....

Because I said so!!!

Rannie Raymundo
aka The Boss
aka The Manila Enforcer
I have updated the website.....you can view some demos of upcoming products.

That being said, ** you Scott, for releasing Mindcast. I've been lucky to have been playing with it for the last couple of months. I don't touch mentalism but MindCast jumped immediately into my repertoire.

Breakaway Bracelet and Gallerian Bend are no slouches, either...
Okay, you all think I'm a jerk, whatever. I'm just asking questions. All this stuff can be found on MVD if anyone bothered to look. Just so you don't think I'm running away.

2004-09-09
This was posted.
http://www.magicvideodepot.com/view.php?a=v&t=3664
Notice what the trick is called (Liquid Penetration) Its the same thing on one of the DVD's and Charlie C. even says he didn't like the get-ready for it. Then there's nothing until.

2005-04-07
http://www.magicvideodepot.com/view.php?a=v&t=5219
OK, now the name changes to (Liquid Band Too) iit looks like a play on words, but now the name has been changed, not only that, Look at the handling its totaly differnet from the first.

2005-05-09
http://www.magicvideodepot.com/view.php?a=v&t=5441
Someone figures it out and posts it. This guy calls it (Liquid Variations revistited). vinny replies on Mon, 09 May 2005. Wayman that was terrrific I loved your rendetion using the wand vinny godfather of magic the creator of liquid bandand and Vince Mendoza for his wonderful handling of this effect. Then vmendoza replies to this video on Mon, 09 May 2005 23:56:00. Nice variation Wayman. Vinny Marini originated Liquid Band, which was a penetration off the band. I streamlined my own handling and realised that I could cause the band to penetrate onto an object and then have it pass thru, coming off the object. Check your PM, I'm going to send you one.

2005-08-23
http://www.magicvideodepot.com/view.php?a=v&t=6136
Another guy doesn't even give credit. This guy calls it (Liquid Bands) I saw this and didn't see any credit so I wrote this on Wed, 24 August 2005. That looks good, but you should be crediting Vince Mendoza who came up with the penatration on, and Vinny Marini who came up with the original handling of Liquid Band. I don't think you've seen Vinny's handling because you're using Mendoza's refinements. Do a search for Liquid Band Too.

So that's it. You can see where the changes happened, and who came up with them. Vinny even says that he only got a demo, so he figured out a way to do (Liquid Band Too) because vmendoza never sent him the handling. So let me ask you all if this guy Wayman, or this guy iluzjacwiras decided to sell this trick because they both figured out a way to do it even if mendoza never told them how it was done. Would that be OK with you?
What came first THE CHICKEN OR THE EGG...........
Duarte get a life............A ROSE IS STILL A ROSE
Hey Vinny,
Someone in another section mentions your top change. I have an older manuscript you sent or I bought called the Top Gun Control.. Is this the same thing?
Thanks,

Tom
Tom, no the godfathers top change is different.......
send me your e mail address and ill send a teaching video demo to you .
and any one else that has never seen it.....
vinny
ps
tom I found your e mail address it is on its way
Duarte,

You don't know the real history of the effect.

Vinny released it FIRST on his Godfather DVD. It was HIS. Vince Mendoza took it and IMPROVED it by cleaning up the get ready. Vinny recently re-released the effect as an instant download with Vince's new get ready. Vince has given his blessings on this effect, so who are you to continue to try to tarnish Vinny's name?

You need to get a life man, like the Godfather already stated.
Duarte,

Vinny redesigned his website and had every right to raise his price from $6 to $10. It was available at the LOW price of $6 for 6 weeks. Please point out a comparable product at that price point.

Do you have any idea how much of his material he gives away for free EACH day? It's a good thing he's retired, because he spends a good portion of his day sending people PERSONALIZED instructional videos of his pet moves. Yes, some of these effects/moves will be released on his website but he doesn't care, he still sends them out.

He was in Vegas for the last 3 days. When he called me the last couple of days, do you know what his concern was? He wanted to reply to everyone and let them know he was on vacation, so he could get back and send out his handling videos.

I'm not exaggerating when I say that he's created over 1,000 unique videos for Café members. I think he's had like 50 requests for his Top Change handling just this week alone. Trust me, I know, I've formatted his hard drive multiple times and the number of videos he's created for other members I have to burn to dvd are mind-boggling. Do you know how many VHS copies of his first effect Warped and Restored he shipped out to people around the world? It really irks me when you complain that he raised the price from $6 to $10.

It's quite obvious DUARTE that you have a personal vendetta against Vinny. I don't know if you are jealous of his popularity or you weren't loved enough by your parents as a child. You've attacked his credibility again and again by posting misinformation. You take posts out of context and try to piece together history. Guess what? The real world doesn't work like that. Too many pieces aren't available publicly and you end up looking like the jerk you really are.

Southpaw,

Vinny is acting rude towards his MISINFORMED attacker? How dare he? Here's another case of an individual not realizing the whole picture. If I came to your threads with a personal vendetta I bet you'd get rude with me too, eventually. And yes, I am rude in this post but you guys really riled me up.
Durate 007 and South Paw
You are both new here, and don't realize that Vinny is one of the most creative, and trusted rubber band magic trick inventors in the world. Everything he does is totally unique, and all too often he just gives new tricks away to whoever asks him. He has built on the fundimentals tricks of his predessors like Chris Kenner, and has taken rubber band magic to a whole nother level. I forgive you for not knowing that no one ever questions the godfather, and I hope Vinny, is not offended. He is more accustomed to answer questions, and helping his fans from all over the world than defending his reputation to uninformed newbees.
Al Angello
Just to try and cool things down I will get back on topic.
I have been a student of rubberband magic for quite a while now and I must
say that when I saw mr. marini's demo of the liqiud band penetration I was very
impressed. I purchased it and let me tell you that you won't miss those $10 bucks.
it was still $6 when I got it :P .
the handling is great as well as the teaching part and it's nice to see the godfather's face for a change ;) .
the penetration has easily made it into my rubberband routine and will definetly remain there.
I highly recommend this !
all the best ,

-Matt
There are professionals, amatures, and hobbyst here at the magic Café. The worst kind of hobbyst's are the "know it all's" who are more interested in arguing with the masters than learning from them. The magic Café is all about magicians helping magicians. There are other magic forums where you don't have to be a gentlemen to belong, the magic Café is for those who know how to act like an adult.
Al Angello
Perhaps magicians should spend more time around adults then?

A.
[quote]
On 2006-09-02 02:49, CharlieC wrote:
Do you have any idea how much of his material he gives away for free EACH day? .......he spends a good portion of his day sending people PERSONALIZED instructional videos of his pet moves.
[/quote]

Ahem......just thought I'd mention that my email address is billy@billyjamesmagic.com :)
It's the Godfather, not God's Father
[quote]
On 2006-09-04 01:54, BIlly James wrote:
[quote]
On 2006-09-02 02:49, CharlieC wrote:
Do you have any idea how much of his material he gives away for free EACH day? .......he spends a good portion of his day sending people PERSONALIZED instructional videos of his pet moves.
[/quote]

Ahem......just thought I'd mention that my email address is billy@billyjamesmagic.com :)

[/quote]

Billy,

Now [i]THAT'S[/i] funny.

Mike
Southpaw,

[b]It seems to me you didn't hesitate at all to ask Vinny for some handling videos when he offered.[/b]

Now you act like he is the worst guy ever, because he acted "rude" towards someone that was harassing him. You are embarrasing, attacking someone that helped you out for free.
[quote]
You are embarrasing, attacking someone that helped you out for free.
[/quote]
That would be the classic definition of "two faced".
[quote]
On 2006-09-04 11:38, SouthPaw wrote:

And Al - for the record, I am a semi pro who has gained a lot of performance knowledge on close-up magic. In the future, I may choose not to share it here.

South out.

[/quote]

One can always hope.
Southpaw,

I've stated a couple of times that Vinny is indeed the creator of the effect. Ask Vince Mendoza if you don't believe me, since you don't seem to believe me or Vinny.

Vince took Vinny's effect and improved it with a superior get-ready. Vince is credited and has given his blessings to Vinny. [b]What else is there to dispute about the history of this effect?[/b]

Please read Duarte's posts in this thread. He digs up old quotes out of context and tries to present them as fact. I don't even know why I have to defend Vinny here. Vince Mendoza credits Vinny Marini in his manuscript. That should tell you the real chronological timetable for the effect.

You would have bought it if we weren't so nasty to you? I find that hard to believe. Again, if you read this thread from the beginning you would have realized that VINNY MARINI is the originator of the effect, despite DUARTE'S claims otherwise. Vince Mendoza says so himself IN THIS VERY THREAD. Therefore, you do not act like a rational person. Which is why I don't believe you would have bought this effect. A rational person would purchase solid, real-world material. You would probably buy that anti-gravity levitation people are raving about.

P.S. Yes, I did read your posts in this thread and yes, they reflect your ignorance.
Vinny sent his original version to Vince, and me at the same time, because he wanted to show us his new trick, so I had Vinny original version, and his handling on my hard drive before Vince ever started to work on his version. If that is what you really wanted to know.
Al Angello
South paw you better re read duarte post he wasn't asking about the history of the effect. he was implying it was not my effect.
even when Vince mendoza made his post he continued to attack...
I do not need you to buy anything from me.you talk about sharing what have you ever shared.... zippo....
I told duarte to get a life and get off my back , this is all I am going to say on this matter.
now back to the topic Liquid Band................
From my point of view, Duarte made uncalled for and incorrect comments, and Southpaw merely said that that despite the offensive way Duarte acted, the response he received from more upstanding members of our community was just as impolite and uncalled for, and in that I think I agree.

Anyway, the effect looks really nice, but for me I prefer Breakaway Bracelt, which I might get sooon...
Slightly my comment was towards southpaw
his comment was directed at me saying dude telling some one to get alife
and I explained what duarte was trying to do to me yet southpaw he continued....to ramble onm... well others here on the Café came to defend me.
....now please get on with the effect and the post
I am glad you liked breakaway bracelet....
After the Katrina hit this post. I am happy to report that Liquid band is still alive and doing well.......
I want to thank everyone for their input.
Vinny
I love this, yet (still) find the setup a little "iffy" if there's a chance of people burning your hands. What do people typically find the mest misdirection whilst setting-up? Would you typically do this before, or after e.g. a CMH?
Bruce
Hi Bruce did I send you my get ready for this effect? this was not on the origional down load...I DO THIS SURRONDED. Pm me with e mail address and I. will send a demo to you.
in answewr to your question do I perform this before or after CMH. it depends.For example if I amd doing effects involving pne or two bands
vinny
Hi Vinny,
I bought your LIQUID BAND and also BREAKAWAY BRACELET!
Two great rubber-band tricks!

Now I am a new fan of yours!

Greetings from Austria,
Walther
Walther if you would like the get ready for liquid band please let me know ill send a demo
vinny
BruceUK - Having seen Vinny perform this many times, I can assure you it is possible to perform with people burning your hands. Vinny is extremely helpful and will resolve any performance/handling issues you might have. You won't be disappointed. - Scott
The video of liquid band looks pretty good. I'm probably going to get it. I do lots of rubber band effects and I believe this will be a nice addition to my arsenal. Good work Vin. By the way, I've got a killer relink and unlink of bands that I may share someday. The reaction is very strong. Have a great day,

Johnny Impossible
Is there a video of your link and unlink Johnny? I'm sure I'm not the only one who would love to see it!

Cheers

Paul
No, I don't have a video. I am a slightly technologically challenged. I may try to have one of my kids help me create one. It could be a while, but I will get something together. I watched some of Dan harlan's vidoes and liked a lot of his material. But, he did a re-link that I felt was in need of improvement. I worked on it for a little bit and came up with something that was pretty visual. I then also came up with an alternative to CMH. I perform CMH first. them my killer improved relink. Then finally, the alternative handling to CMH. I believe it to be original stuff, but I could be wrong. I just haven't seen any of it performed by anyone else. I may end up trying to market it. I'm not sure yet. I'll let you know when I have it on video. I appreciate your curiosity. Thanks,

Johnny Impossible.
By the way, Vin, your video looks great for the liquid band. I'm going to pull the trigger and get it. I'll be sure to give an honest review. I've been performing for about 20 years and will enjoy adding it to my elastic routine.
Johnny thank yuou for your support
I also have a get ready that can be done surronded I did not put it on the demo but I have sent it to all who requested it.. just send me your e mail address
vinny
I just bought the liquid band. Very good! It was a wise purchase. It will be another great addition to my elastic arsenal. Thanks Vin,

Johnny Impossible
Thanks also for the get ready. It's a good method.
I've had this for about a month now and I've got to say I think it's great. I'll have to get in touch with Vinny to see if he'll let me have the additional get ready that he mentions above.

Full marks from me for this one.

Vince
Hi Vince I sent you the demo of the get ready...
If any one else wants this please contact me, On the origional demo I had forgot to include this handling..
the effect can performed surrounded using my get ready
vinny
Thanks Vinny,

Fabulous as always.

Kind regards,

Vince
Get the video before Vinny changes his mind. ;)
Thanks also Vinny. This effect is one of my favorites to do with rubberbands!
If you haven't gotten this yet you are missing out on a very good effect. You will need to practice to perform it flawlessly, but not very much practice. I just hope none of the locals buy it. I want to keep this one to myself locally! This is quite the compliment because I perform well over a dozen effects with rubber bands.
Got this a few days ago, beautiful!
really a perfect illusion even watching myself do it.
vinny, arrgh! a few days ago I felt band magic was kinda nerdy and unimpressive, and now I'm hooked!
The legends are true!
sent vinny a pm and he got right back to me with a personalized clip that answered all my questions. good man, great effect, or is it the other way round?
OK - it took me about a year to have a go at this, (the computer equivalent of the "bottom drawer"). Awesome. Took me about 1 hour to review the various videos that were sent, and get the finger positions correct. Any worries about "get ready" taken care of with appropriate misdirection. I'm only a "band newbie", but reckon that a 2-phase CMH, + this, (to explain the strange properties that bands have), and finish with a Sucker CMH I using 1-band and doing a "teach-in"; I have a nice little routine coming along.
Thanks Vinny, a personalised "band masterclass".
Bruce