(Close Window)
Topic: Statue of liberty revealed
http://magic.about.com/od/biosonfamousmagicians/a/statueliberty.htm
there you go
Now everybody knows! Thanks a lot. And I spent a fortune on a modern version of the gimmick too!

Seriously, even a joke like this helps fuel some of the need to discover the secrets. I have seen many exposures on the web, with most being incredibly inaccurate. Some even being dangerously inaccurate with the potential of some nut actually trying the false method and hurting themself.
Nice one.
Some might actually believe :)
I knew it! It was obvious by the way he moved from seconds 23.4-23.5. He should have practiced it more.
[quote]
On 2006-07-19 17:57, mrbilldentertainer wrote:
Now everybody knows! Thanks a lot. And I spent a fortune on a modern version of the gimmick too!

Seriously, even a joke like this helps fuel some of the need to discover the secrets. I have seen many exposures on the web, with most being incredibly inaccurate. Some even being dangerously inaccurate with the potential of some nut actually trying the false method and hurting themself.
[/quote]

I remember an article on Lon Chaney which discussed his most famous make-up effects. They mentioned that to get the "watery eye" look in one eye of his "Hunchback of Notre Dame" character, he used liquid latex. They explained that liquid latex is very dangerous and he could only use it for about five minutes at a time! In another issue, the magazine admitted that they'd been reproducing someone else's comments and in fact Chaney had NOT used liquid latex at all! (He'd used egg white) and that liquid latex would take about five SECONDS to completly destroy your eye never mind five MINUTES!