(Close Window)
Topic: Balducci levitation
Do you use this? What are reactions of audience?
It's great, but has been exposed so much I no longer use it. Just a week ago a non-magician kid in my neighborhood who knows I'm a magician said, "Hey, look what I learned." I once performed a gig with Alain Nu where he asked a group of kids if they knew how to levitate, and a number of the kids immediately performed the Balducci levitation. Shame really.
Sometimes I'm happy that in Poland tricks aren't popular :). Only one well-known trick is "21 cards".
I performed it to 5 friends last week. I did it well and one of them said- I know how to do that; "you just go up on one to" then the others told him "no hi didn't- I acctualy saw both feet go off the floor, he's crazy!"

So it just prooves that if everyone knows how something is done and you show them but do it really well then they will dismiss their first ideas! :bg:
Good point. But it is true. A lot of people do know how it is done. But do it well enough and they might pass it by.
I personally don't take chances on "mights" like that. There are a lot of other great effects you can perform.
I agree too many people know this how this effect is done. I try to stay away from Blaine tricks as they are the first to be exposed.